The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (25 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sick Boy

I'm sure it happens, and am absolutely disgusted that it does. There is no need.

However, there are plenty of videos online that show "reverse xenophobic attacks" (I'm not sure what you'd call racism towards white/English people, is there a word for it?)

It was pleasant this afternoon, was out having lunch, and an Asian decent family came in, their two children saw one of their white school friends, and were so happy to see each other. They were around 5-7 years old. Just total non prejudice on both sides. Heartwarming, but sad that not all can behave like that :(

Indeed it does happen. It's hardly a surprise when your man Farage claims that people speaking a foreign language on public transport makes people feel uncomfortable.

I make a point of speaking to her in very loud Italian when we are on trains now. Strangely, she has only been told to speak English/go home from pathetic little men when she has been alone.

I wonder what sort of reaception people from abroad would get if they came here on holiday and refused to even bother trying to speak the language?

ccfc92

Just had an interesting conversation with a German online on COD, he asked about Brexit etc.

Apparently Germany don't particularly care, apart from export costs.

Then when I asked about Merkel and refugees etc, first comment from the German guy: "Please don't think of me as racist, but I hate the refugees being here. They have carried out numerous crimes, including rape etc on German women. They receive more money than his grandparents who have worked their entire lives. I hate that Merkel has let them in, and it has backfired on her, she will be voted out"

This is paraphrased, but generally what he said.

@martcov , I enjoy debating with you, and find you a valuable source of information on the continent, just wondered what your thoughts were? Would you say a lot of German's feel this way or...?

martcov

The language you use is perhaps why a lot of people believe the crap they read such as he was an ex banker. To compare farage to 70's national front is pathetic and dangerous. Its just many people's way of shutting down talking about the real issues such as immigration. The same poster was used in newspapers across Europe namely Italy and not a word was said. The term nazi wasn't used in Italian papers. Strange. Maybe they actually want a real debate about it. It was a real picture wasn't it?

Look his politics is the cause a stir and be radical. He represents a small party. If he does what the mp does Douglas carswell and become mainstream they will lose a lot more but I'm a stupid lowest common denominator that bought and voted Brexit. What do I know?

Don't know what you know. I do know he was attracted to the NF according to his contemporaries and his teachers. I also know what the NF stood for and what their tactics were.
I actually went to their meeting in Coventry ( Moseley Ave School ) after their march and listened to what they had to say.

I recognized parts of Hitler's speeches - in John Tyndall's speech - and I saw how they twisted facts.

Their paper reported "black crime" - as Bannon's Breitbart does, and now Trump's "voice" is to publish lists of migrant crimes.

Wind the people up.

The NF was all about ending immigration- Farage's latest theme for UKIP. Farage is up Trump's arse.

I think it is pretty obvious what he supports and where he was in his younger days.

It was a real picture- of Croatia - and absolutely fxxk all to do with the EU. Merkel has already tried to explain the Geneva convention to Trump -and "western values". Seems people like to forget what "we" stood for - and why.

Sick Boy

Just had an interesting conversation with a German online on COD, he asked about Brexit etc.

Then when I asked about Merkel and refugees etc, first comment from the German guy: "Please don't think of me as racist, but I hate the refugees being here. They have carried out numerous crimes, including rape etc on German women. They receive more money than his grandparents who have worked their entire lives. I hate that Merkel has let them in, and it has backfired on her, she will be voted out"

@martcov , I enjoy debating with you, and find you a valuable source of information on the continent, just wondered what your thoughts were? Would you say a lot of German's feel this way or...?

What is COD?

ccfc92

What is COD?

giphy.gif

martcov

Split society. My wife says the same thing about "them" getting more than her mother.

If Merkel gets voted out, it will be Martin Schultz - ex Head of the European Parliament that takes over , and not AfD or anti refugee people.

Even Farage was saying that Merkel was only a point ahead of the opposition- he omitted to mention that his arch enemy was the alternative to Merkel. Bent the story to suit his argument.

The government is getting tighter on immigration all the time. The checks are more coordinated to cut down on fraud and terrorism.

What people forget to mention is the increase of violent crime or arson attacks by Germans on refugees and their accommodation.

There are rapes and there is crime, but Syrians come out as not worse than Germans in the statistics.

The Maghreb countries are top of the crime statistics in certain crimes. I have had Arab pickpockets ( once ) in my pub since the refugee flood. My mate knocked one out as he pickpocketed a woman in Cologne station.

The police saw it and told him they "didn't see anything " and that had they arrested the Arab pickpocket nothing much would have happened to him. Better that he felt something- maybe he would learn not to do it.

I know enough stories and complaints about "them" , but I know that most people- refugees or otherwise- just want to live their lives and see that their children have a future.

My daughter's Spanish boyfriend just got his nose broken in Hamburg by Germans who didn't like foreigners. He is from southern Spain and looks a bit dark - like an Arab.

She is in Bournemouth where a Spaniard recently got beaten up for speaking Spanish in England.

Same thing fueled by politicians.

Sick Boy

There is a video of that beating online. Farage has made comments about Italian being 'nothing like us'. It is this sort of rhetoric that fuels xenophobia and violence. Pointing this out is in no way portraying all leave voters as racist, it is showing that there should be no place for division within out society. This is why i find it so perplexing that so many on here have chosen to ignore these crimes and as some posters have done, claim that they are fabricated. I couldn't care less where someone is from personally, as long as they treat others with respect and wish no harm upon others. The majority of EU migrants who come to this country wish to work and pay taxes.

I still maintain that the majority of those involved in the referendum debate have stoked up the divisions within society and at no point had the common man in their thoughts. The lack of care about the increase in extra poverty is incredibly disheartening as well and it will only get worse.

Last edited:

martcov

I think you are reading far too much into that.

If I'm honest I don't know very much about Mr Farage - I would guess he has earnt a sizeable fortune from the gravy train he dispises.

He is I would call a pointy stick politician. His stick has one agenda and he points it all day long at the hapless Westminster drones who make up the faceless government. He dresses in funny clothes and has a silly face. Whether he is or not he has some appeal and a roguish charm.

He's noticeable in a sea of mediocrity. Johnson tries but people see through his attempt in the main,

He's similar to Alex Salmond. One aim one mission and all day pointed his stick at twerps like Cameron and Osborne and eventually bullies them into giving way.

Without him they'd be no Brexit so on this issue he has had a triumphant victory. Despite the accusation he is, as the latest catchphrase puts it, he is "one of the establishment" he is exactly the opposite. He, like salmond, danced around the established Westminster zombies and got his way.

He is a sign of the weak political class really. Thatcher and Blair in his hey day would have squashed him. Now he's squashed the government and has pulled the strings.

He was seriously being considered for a knighthood. That would have at least been amusing.

As I explained in another post, if you know the NF from the 70s, you can see where is coming from.

He is better educated than many of the old NF, and public school with experience in trading - which necessitates acumen.

He also diverted away from a pure anti immigration platform to blame the EU burocrats in Brussels for all the ills that the least privileged perceive.

Now that we are, unfortunately, leaving the EU, he is reverting to pure anti immigration.

One slogan which the NF shouted on their Coventry march was "there ain't no black in the Union Jack".

He admired the NF at that time- according to people who knew him at school,

Now he is on about Romanians and Bulgarians. That is the only difference to 70s NF.

And he will never get a knighthood. The "establishment" know him enough not to give him that honour.

ccfc92

Split society. My wife says the same thing about "them" getting more than her mother.

If Merkel gets voted out, it will be Martin Schultz - ex Head of the European Parliament that takes over , and not AfD or anti refugee people.

Even Farage was saying that Merkel was only a point ahead of the opposition- he omitted to mention that his arch enemy was the alternative to Merkel. Bent the story to suit his argument.

The government is getting tighter on immigration all the time. The checks are more coordinated to cut down on fraud and terrorism.

What people forget to mention is the increase of violent crime or arson attacks by Germans on refugees and their accommodation.

There are rapes and there is crime, but Syrians come out as not worse than Germans in the statistics.

The Maghreb countries are top of the crime statistics in certain crimes. I have had Arab pickpockets ( once ) in my pub since the refugee flood. My mate knocked one out as he pickpocketed a woman in Cologne station.

The police saw it and told him they "didn't see anything " and that had they arrested the Arab pickpocket nothing much would have happened to him. Better that he felt something- maybe he would learn not to do it.

I know enough stories and complaints about "them" , but I know that most people- refugees or otherwise- just want to live their lives and see that their children have a future.

My daughter's Spanish boyfriend just got his nose broken in Hamburg by Germans who didn't like foreigners. He is from southern Spain and looks a bit dark - like an Arab.

She is in Bournemouth where a Spaniard recently got beaten up for speaking Spanish in England.

Same thing fueled by politicians.

What do you say to her?

Good, hopefully they are thorough checks, and let in genuine people seeking help.

You're right, citizens attack refugees and it is out of order. However, if I was a genuine refugee seeking asylum out of fear for my life, I wouldn't dream of committing a crime in the country that had taken me in. Surely you understand this?

Was this the story? Man severely beaten after being told to 'speak f****** English' speaks out

If so, don't worry too much. The "Dorsetonions" as I like to call them, aren't the brightest bunch. The stuff you see here in Bournemouth, is incredible. I believe they've just discovered a dual carriageway.

Sick Boy

I see that Hammond has already said that the country will have to start 'living within its means'. Expect more cuts to essential public services, while those at the top grow richer. It's not a problem if you are well off, for the rest of us it is more tightening of the purse strings and no assurances for the future.

Sick Boy

If so, don't worry too much. The "Dorsetonions" as I like to call them, aren't the brightest bunch. The stuff you see here in Bournemouth, is incredible. I believe they've just discovered a dual carriageway.

Fucking hell. It's going on all over the place and is not confined to Bournemouth. My girlfriend's parents have been genuinely worried about her being over here...a little over the top but what do you expect?

Sick Boy

Honestly, I sometimes feel trapped in Hot Fuzz down here.

They have headline news over someone caught doing 31MPH in a 30 zone.

I used to see a girl from Highcliffe...having a conversation was like pulling teeth. I tried to keep it to a minimum.

martcov

What do you say to her?

Good, hopefully they are thorough checks, and let in genuine people seeking help.

You're right, citizens attack refugees and it is out of order. However, if I was a genuine refugee seeking asylum out of fear for my life, I wouldn't dream of committing a crime in the country that had taken me in. Surely you understand this?

Was this the story? Man severely beaten after being told to 'speak f****** English' speaks out

To my wife... see the bigger picture. Most refugees have lost their homes, jobs, friends or family members... What would we do in the same circumstance? Plus in Germany there were the same circumstances- her mother is from Eastern Germany and was in effect a refugee. Evacuated as a child to Husum and then couldn't go back after the war. Ok, same culture, language etc.. But, even though there is resentment, it is often weighed up against what happened in Germany after the war.

My wife moans about refugees, but still respects Merkel. Would take her any day instead of Trump etc..

No way would my wife vote AfD.

If Merkel can convince people that we are processing the asylum claims and sending the bad guys back, then maybe she wins again.

Sick Boy

Most of them don't, that's the point. How would you feel about being tarred with the same brush due to the behaviour of others?

ccfc92

Most of them don't, that's the point. How would you feel about being tarred with the same brush due to the behaviour of others?

You're right. But that's my point, those in Germany/wherever are genuine refugees right? So why are some committing crimes against the country saving them?

Edit: sorry on phone...

Kingokings204

I agree with a lot of what your saying Martcov. But you just repeat what a lot of what's in the papers I notice. Farage wasn't anything to do with or speaking about national front at school. Ask the man himself in an interview when questioned about it and said it was absolutely cobblers. Now I know we are taking his word for it but then you are taking the papers word for it who hate farage. The point is if papers print enough stuff then people will say in on a forum like this and people will always go away with a biased view. How many people would of watched the interview where he said it was bollocks and how many read the papers. This is the problem.

And to say farage is now anti immigration again just shows how little you know about the man and politician. I've followed his life and career a lot more than you sir and the words anti immigration have never come out his mouth in 25 years but you genuinely believing it on a forum is a real issue. Something has got lost somewhere.

P.s for sickboy. As for the attacks on other foreigners myself as a keen leave voter have made a point every time of when I speak to mainly polish as I'm in Coventry I make a point of being extra friendly to make them feel welcome. The point of a leave vote wasn't to turn of foreigners over night it was to stop open borders from Poland and Romania and Bulgaria or anywhere in the EU where they can come over at will. I don't agree with that. I agree with controlled immigration and EU isn't controlled and when it's not controlled you don't know who is coming into the U.K. And how many. I simply don't agree with it.

Last edited:

martcov

I agree with a lot of what your saying Martcov. But you just repeat what a lot of what's in the papers I notice. Farage wasn't anything to do with or speaking about national front at school. Ask the man himself in an interview when questioned about it and said it was absolutely cobblers. Now I know we are taking his word for it but then you are taking the papers word for it who hate farage. The point is if papers print enough stuff then people will say in on a forum like this and people will always go away with a biased view. How many people would of watched the interview where he said it was bollocks and how many read the papers. This is the problem.

And to say farage is now anti immigration again just shows how little you know about the man and politician. I've followed his life and career a lot more than you sir and the words anti immigration have never come out his mouth in 25 years but you genuinely believing it on a forum is a real issue. Something has got lost somewhere.

P.s for sickboy. As for the attacks on other foreigners myself as a keen leave voter have made a point every time of when I speak to mainly polish as I'm in Coventry I make a point of being extra friendly to make them feel welcome. The point of a leave vote wasn't to turn of foreigners over night it was to stop open borders from Poland and Romania and Bulgaria or anywhere in the EU where they can come over at will. I don't agree with that. I agree with controlled immigration and EU isn't controlled and when it's not controlled you don't know who is coming into the U.K. And how many. I simply don't agree with it.

Farage has said Nuttall missed the main issue which is immigration. He said UKIP must be harder on immigration. I didn't say that, Farage did.

martcov

You're right. But that's my point, those in Germany/wherever are genuine refugees right? So why are some committing crimes against the country saving them?

Edit: sorry on phone...

The same reason people here commit crimes. I wouldn't do it, neither would you. There again we are not criminals.

Sick Boy

It seems that you don't follow your man's career that closely:

Nigel Farage: Carswell 'stopping Ukip becoming radical anti-immigration party'

Carswell is BLOCKING Ukip from becoming RADICAL anti-immigration party, Farage says

As for your other point, that's fine but don't be surprised if you end up with a lack of health and other key workers. Why would they choose to get a visa for Britain when they can go to places like Canada, Australia or even Germany, where the quality of life is a lot higher?

Most of friends come from the EU and a lot are making plans to leave. I personally can't wait to escape ;) Why would we want to stay somewhere where my partner is no longer welcome, despite providing a key public service and contributing a lot more than some British citiziens to society?

Last edited:

martcov

Haven't AfD shown their true colours now and been posting pro-Nazi stuff on Twitter?

They are also arguing amongst themselves- even threatening to kill each other ( that was Petry's husband trying to stifle a challenger within the party ).

Often the case with extreme right parties. The split between Tyndall and Colin Jordan or Tyndall and Kingsley Reid. Marine Le Pen and her father. Hitler and Rohm. The AfD has fallen a few points in the polls because of their internal battles. They are trying to expel their leader in Brandenburg for being too right wing. A definite Nazi. But it is difficult because he brings in the extreme right wing votes - they'll take those votes though. A vote is a vote.

martcov

So there are criminals amongst the terrified refugees?

Yes. Take getting on for a million people and you will find some criminals. Statistically, the Syrians are no worse than the Germans.

Do you think there are no criminals amongst the refugees?

ccfc92

Yes. Take getting on for a million people and you will find some criminals. Statistically, the Syrians are no worse than the Germans.

Do you think there are no criminals amongst the refugees?

Of course not.

However, saying that instantly makes me a skin head neo-nazi with no compassion for humanity.

Sick Boy

They are also arguing amongst themselves- even threatening to kill each other ( that was Petry's husband trying to stifle a challenger within the party ).

Often the case with extreme right parties. The split between Tyndall and Colin Jordan or Tyndall and Kingsley Reid. Marine Le Pen and her father. Hitler and Rohm. The AfD has fallen a few points in the polls because of their internal battles. They are trying to expel their leader in Brandenburg for being too right wing. A definite Nazi. But it is difficult because he brings in the extreme right wing votes - they'll take those votes though. A vote is a vote.

Must explain the issues with UKIP.

ccfc92

Does it?

It sounds like you've been reading too much Breitbart. ;)

But that's exactly my point.

I don't see why we are at war with the middle east, I am not in favour at all. I am personally not "bombing the crap" out of anyone, nor rejecting anyone from living in peace and safety.

However, any national security concern raised seems to point straight to fascism. Why?

Users who are viewing this thread