The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (86 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sick Boy

Did you not see the story this week about the supreme court ruling about minimum earnings requirements for British citizens bringing in spouses from outside of the EU?

In fairness, the EU does nothing prevent places becoming ultra low tax havens. The current President of the European Commission is from Luxembourg and helped develop its tax policy. Luxembourg being a European tax haven and an EU member, allowing wealthy companies and individuals to avoid paying tax in EU member states.

Do you really believe that the EU is set up in your best interests? (I'm not asking you to compare it with Britain)

It will enable me to continue living with my parter and enable me to live and work in her country while having access to public healthcare and other services...so yes.

The EU has looked at creating a black list of tax havens...guess who opposed it?

Grendel

It will enable me to continue living with my parter and enable me to live and work in her country while having access to public healthcare and other services...so yes.

The EU has looked at creating a black list of tax havens...guess who opposed it?

Several member states opposed it. Given that 3 parts of the U.K. Would have been impacted our opposition was understandable and came from treasury advice.

dutchman

Britain will not contribute £50bn to EU budget if no Brexit deal is reached, says Lords report
The report from the Lords also claims that calculations of the UK’s so-called “divorce bill” from the EU are “hugely speculative” and almost every element is subject to interpretation. Michel Barnier, the European Commission’s chief Brexit negotiator, has reportedly placed such a bill close to €60bn (£52bn).

There won't be a deal - ever - for the simple reason that if Britain got one every other member state would demand one and the EU would fall apart.

Sick Boy

There's still a far greater risk of the UK breaking up than the EU. I fully expect the UK to end up crashing out without a deal as well. Oh well, it'll be OK if you are rich, the poor can have their food banks.

Sky Blue Pete

There's still a far greater risk of the UK breaking up than the EU. I fully expect the UK to end up crashing out without a deal as well. Oh well, it'll be OK if you are rich, the poor can have their food banks.
Yep and it's the farages of this world who are neither poor or stupid

ccfc92

I doubt it. The Scots have their little Braveheart moments, but then realise how much better off they are in the UK.

chiefdave

There won't be a deal - ever - for the simple reason that if Britain got one every other member state would demand one and the EU would fall apart.
There's zero chance of getting a decent deal out of the EU, not least because every EU country would have to vote in favour and the likes of Spain won't as it would fuel the separatists.

So for it to have a net benefit we have to have improved deals with non-EU countries which means dealing with people like Trump and Jinping. Hardly what you would could stable people who will be easy to negotiate with.

In terms of an EU deal look how long it took for Canada to reach agreement, a country on good terms with the EU. They started negotiations March 2004 and still hasn't come into effect.

Sick Boy

There's zero chance of getting a decent deal out of the EU, not least because every EU country would have to vote in favour and the likes of Spain won't as it would fuel the separatists.

So for it to have a net benefit we have to have improved deals with non-EU countries which means dealing with people like Trump and Jinping. Hardly what you would could stable people who will be easy to negotiate with.

In terms of an EU deal look how long it took for Canada to reach agreement, a country on good terms with the EU. They started negotiations March 2004 and still hasn't come into effect.

A trade deal with India is already on the ropes after they asked for visa restrictions to be softened.

Grendel

View attachment 6704

The UK is the only country in the developed world where the economy is growing but average working people are getting poorer.

But it's all the EU's fault, not an asset stripping privatising 'economically competent' government.

Yes that's why thousands of British workers are flocking to live in Slovakia and the Czech Republic. The opportunities for wealth and prosperity are so much better.

Grendel

How is it patronising?

Also, they already think this? Didn't Scotland mainly vote to Remain?

They will not be allowed automatic entry into the EU and certainly not the European currency.

We should call the ridiculous Sturgeons bluff - tell her to call the referendum. We drain money on this wasted country anyway. They want independence - let them do it.

ccfc92

They will not be allowed automatic entry into the EU and certainly not the European currency.

We should call the ridiculous Sturgeons bluff - tell her to call the referendum. We drain money on this wasted country anyway. They want independence - let them do it.

Exactly my point.

I did love Andy Murray's tweet on the day of the Scottish referendum "Let's do this!", tweeted from his English home.

Sick Boy

Yes that's why thousands of British workers are flocking to live in Slovakia and the Czech Republic. The opportunities for wealth and prosperity are so much better.

I'm sure in terms of quality of life i'm sure both are far superior to this country. Britain is probably fine if as a couple you are earning 100k between you. The amount of poverty here will simply continue to increase and gap between the rich and the poor will do as well.

Sadly a lot of people simply are not aware of the increasing levels in the rising of poverty and seem not at all bothered either.

I could from a working class Irish family and earn over the average salary but would have no chance of ever being able to own a home here. I would also have little chance of having a decent enough pension to live off, let alone pay rent until I die.

Eventually the system here will all come crashing down.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

How is it patronising?

Also, they already think this? Didn't Scotland mainly vote to Remain?

Indeed they did and hence why I believe that they will eventually leave the UK. The English will continue to blame everyone else for their problems and ignore the fact that they have largely been inflicted by the government.

ccfc92

Indeed they did and hence why I believe that they will eventually leave the UK. The English will continue to blame everyone else for their problems and ignore the fact that they have largely been inflicted by the government.

What's the answer then?

We've had Labour feck things up, then Cameron took over, now we have Brexit and a divided government.

Who is out there to fix things?

Sick Boy

Much the same could be said for us in London and the south east, we should just stop funding the rest of the wasted country.

Sick Boy

What's the answer then?

We've had Labour feck things up, then Cameron took over, now we have Brexit and a divided government.

Who is out there to fix things?

There probably isn't one now as it is too late. This is what happens when the likes of Murdoch and Dacre are allowed to whistle the tune for their puppets. ;)

A good place to start would be to make it a criminal offence for a politician to deliberately lie and mislead the public.

dutchman

A bit patronising, no? I think this time they'll realise they are better off in the EU.

The EU won't do a separate deal with Scotland for the same reason they won't do a deal with the UK, it would lead to every member state demanding new terms. They had enough problems with Wallonia demanding special treatment during the negotiations with Canada.

rob9872

Good grief 86 pages and you're still all moaning about it! It's happening, so surely now is the time whether you want it or not, to row in behind and make it the best we possibly can?

I swear there are so many out there including on this thread, that actually want it all to fall apart, simply to have a "told you so" moment.

Grendel

I'm sure in terms of quality of life i'm sure both are far superior to this country. Britain is probably fine if as a couple you are earning 100k between you. The amount of poverty here will simply continue to increase and gap between the rich and the poor will do as well.

Sadly a lot of people simply are not aware of the increasing levels in the rising of poverty and seem not at all bothered either.

I could from a working class Irish family and earn over the average salary but would have no chance of ever being able to own a home here. I would also have little chance of having a decent enough pension to live off, let alone pay rent until I die.

Eventually the system here will all come crashing down.

In the EU then net migration into the uk must surely be negative? So actual if we'd be doing the citizens of Poland as an example a favour by allowing them to leave and return to prosperity?

skybluetony176

They may be allowed to remain in the EU though. They're already are a member of the EU as part of the UK.

rob9872

I really want to 'like' some of Grendel's posts on this thread, but I just can't bring myself to. I do however concur!

Grendel

I really want to 'like' some of Grendel's posts on this thread, but I just can't bring myself to. I do however concur!

It won't harm you. I liked one of yours the other week - honestly.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread