The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (27 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CCFC Germany

We will see how much of a laughing stock we are after the elections in Germany and France.

Indeed.
Without being told there is a so called "refugee crisis" every day, the numbers of the right wing populist are dropping already. And it still is almost a year.

Grendel

Indeed.
Without being told there is a so called "refugee crisis" every day, the numbers of the right wing populist are dropping already. And it still is almost a year.

It's the left wing voters in this country who decided to leave.

Grendel

skybluetony176

I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving this mess. I wouldn't blame Scotland if they vote leave the UK and stay in the EU. Also the feeling of unrest in Northern Ireland is such that protestants are starting to do something unthinkable just a couple of days ago and are applying for Southern Ireland passports so they can retain an EU passport. It's the beginning of the end of the UK and we voted for this (not me personally) it may not have been on the referendum campaign posters but I think it was obvious that this outcome was always going to trigger a second referendum in Scotland. Northern Ireland is more surprising to me but when you couple resentment towards the UK from large sections of the protestant population with the fact that the numbers of Catholics to protestants has steadily been swinging in favor of Catholics for decades it's not hard to picture that it might not be that far away before we see a joint and concerted campaign in Northern Ireland to unite with the rest of Ireland and leave the UK for good to remain in the EU.

hill83

If Scotland leave the UK and join the EU I'll be applying for a Scottish passport. Saving vital time at the airport, increasing beer time.

martcov

We will see how much of a laughing stock we are after the elections in Germany and France.

I am more interested in where we are going with Northern Ireland and Scotland - not to mention London and Gibralter. They clearly want to remain. Plenty of fuel for future arguments. Plus younger people wanted us to stay in. I'm all for referenda in Scotland and Northern Ireland. England should not be able to drag them out against their will. London should go for a separate deal as a City State such as Berlin or Hamburg. As one Londoner told me years ago - 2 cows and a goat for everyone north of Watford Gap. London could survive without the out regions.

Grendel

I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving this mess. I wouldn't blame Scotland if they vote leave the UK and stay in the EU. Also the feeling of unrest in Northern Ireland is such that protestants are starting to do something unthinkable just a couple of days ago and are applying for Southern Ireland passports so they can retain an EU passport. It's the beginning of the end of the UK and we voted for this (not me personally) it may not have been on the referendum campaign posters but I think it was obvious that this outcome was always going to trigger a second referendum in Scotland. Northern Ireland is more surprising to me but when you couple resentment towards the UK from large sections of the protestant population with the fact that the numbers of Catholics to protestants has steadily been swinging in favor of Catholics for decades it's not hard to picture that it might not be that far away before we see a joint and concerted campaign in Northern Ireland to unite with the rest of Ireland and leave the UK for good to remain in the EU.

Yes Scotland would really do that. They would be bankrupt in a week.

How did the share prices end up yesterday by the way?

Leaving for New Zealand yet? Are they part of the Euro Trade zone? If be careful can't see them having a future without Brussells.

martcov

Leaving for New Zealand yet? Are they part of the Euro Trade zone? If be careful can't see them having a future without Brussells.

If Scotland rejoined the EU, do you think the EU would let them go under?

Grendel

If Scotland rejoined the EU, do you think the EU would let them go under?

Scotland haven't left the EU. They would have to vote out and continue to be part of it.

It's a curious statement. So the Eu props up bankrupt basket cases by funding them from the wealthier nations.

Thank fuck we are not in that.

martcov

I hope to god boris doesn't get the top job. May is the only one for me that would be suitable.

Now it's s leave vote I hope others follow suit and the eu collapses. It would make the divorce a lot easier imo!

I also hope it leads to us using ALL of our own goods/services e.g. All emergency service vehicles should be British made.

If all our own goods were good enough and cheap enough we would be using them now. If you remove competition the price will rise and the quality will drop.

martcov

Scotland haven't left the EU. They would have to vote out and continue to be part of it.

It's a curious statement. So the Eu props up bankrupt basket cases by funding them from the wealthier nations.

Yes it does prop up basket cases with the intention of helping them recover. Thank fuck they do. The European/ EU values are different to those of, say, a hedge Fund. It is not a case of buy a country to make a quick buck.

skybluetony176

On the whole they recovered although worryingly banks and house builders didn't. Economists are also predicting further falls next week both on the stock exchange and with the pound from what I saw on the news last night. So to coin a phrase it doesn't look like we're at the bottom of this cycle yet and of course the deeper the cycle the longer it takes to get out, the road to recovery is always longer than the fall and couple that with at least two years of uncertainty while negotiations go on plus then another period of uncertainty that will be of unknown length of how the UK (or what's left of it) settle's on it's own it could be a long long time before the UK see's growth again and it could be decades before we even get back to levels we were at.

martcov

As regards Scotland rejoining - it was you who said that 'if' they left the UK for the EU they would be bankrupt within a week. Future conditional which I was replying to. Up until now the EU has propped up all basket cases. At the moment we have no PM ( or rather only a lame duck ) and no deal with the EU after the next 2 years ( a familiar situation for all on here. We are seeing what that can lead to in our little world ).

Philosorapter

So folks, got or getting our Country back. What's the next step of the Master Plan?

How about separation of powers to protect Human/workers Rights from the Government.

Remember, anything is possible.

Last edited:

stupot07

On the whole they recovered although worryingly banks and house builders didn't. Economists are also predicting further falls next week both on the stock exchange and with the pound from what I saw on the news last night. So to coin a phrase it doesn't look like we're at the bottom of this cycle yet and of course the deeper the cycle the longer it takes to get out, the road to recovery is always longer than the fall and couple that with at least two years of uncertainty while negotiations go on plus then another period of uncertainty that will be of unknown length of how the UK (or what's left of it) settle's on it's own it could be a long long time before the UK see's growth again and it could be decades before we even get back to levels we were at.

Interestingly going off on a tangent here, the BBC have done an article on how this will affect English football with the exchange rate affecting transfer fees, and wages plus the probable need for visa for EU players, also the cost and prospects of hosting a major champions. I imaging it could also out off prospective foreign owners.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36620201

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SIR ERNIE

Yes it does prop up basket cases with the intention of helping them recover. Thank fuck they do. The European/ EU values are different to those of, say, a hedge Fund. It is not a case of buy a country to make a quick buck.

I realise that you're a Merkel supporter and a fan of all things EU but even by your anti-UK standards that is a ridiculous statement.

Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal have been turned into basket cases as a direct result of being shackled to the Euro. A currency that was pegged at a level on par with the Deutschmark to protect German industry whilst showing no regard to the effects it would have on economies built on currencies (drachma/lira/peseta/escudo) that had historically traded at significantly lower levels.

Putting aside the shameful treatment of Greece in their economic hour of need, the EU and in particular the 'one size fits all' currency has created mass youth unemployment, poverty and misery in these Southern European countries. Yet their plight continues to be viewed with arrogant indifference by the EU elite.

Yesterdays vote has at last called time on the filthy, corrupt institution and in the coming months and years the people of Europe will rise to reclaim their nations.

Isn't democracy a wonderful thing.

Astute

And how many countries has it helped to recover so far?

The Germans are pissed off as we won't be paying towards the majority of the other countries. But they know that they will be better off having a good trade deal with us as we buy much more off them than they buy off us.

You made the point that the poorer countries that join get money to help improve them. But what really happens is a lot of the younger people leave to live in a more prosperous country. So they are left with a higher proportion of older people. This makes it more difficult to rebuild. So they rely on even more money to be given to them. Jobs don't get created so even more leave. And even more move to where they can find work.

Astute

Thank you for your concern but family reasons are more important to me at the moment. I will be back up and ranting next week. ;)

Still very much planning on leaving the sinking ship as well.
And move to a country that has been sunk through being in the EU and in the Euro?

shmmeee

It's the left wing voters in this country who decided to leave.
This wasn't right versus left. Besides the two most left wing parties had by far the highest remain vote.

It was young vs old and educated vs uneducated. It was people voting to say theyre sick of it all, often without a clue what they are voting for.

You know they don't know what they were voting for because they keep using the Union Flag despite basically having just voted to disband the union.

Grendel

This wasn't right versus left. Besides the two most left wing parties had by far the highest remain vote.

It was young vs old and educated vs uneducated. It was people voting to say theyre sick of it all, often without a clue what they are voting for.

You know they don't know what they were voting for because they keep using the Union Flag despite basically having just voted to disband the union.

Lol. What an arrogant prick you are

Typical nonsense. By the two left wing parties I assume you mean labour and the Scottish nationalists? The labour membership wouldn't fill a telephone box as the party has ignored it's base electorate for years.

It's leader is anti Europe and hadn't the stomach for the fight against the London elite in his party who pretend to give a damn about the values they are supposed to stand for.

What a bitter fool you are.

lewys33

3% down. The 250 was 7% down I think. Nothing too drastic but that is day 1. The market is going to be very volatile for a while, yesterday's slight rise after the initial drop was helped with the BofE making their statement but essentially it will be people riding the wave to make as much as possible.

Terry Gibson's perm

Thank you for your concern but family reasons are more important to me at the moment. I will be back up and ranting next week. ;)

Top man I have missed it:)

skybluetony176

Neither will Wales or Cornwall. I guess they'll be looking for us to pick up the slack from the loss of the EU investments going into these area's.

skybluetony176

Interestingly going off on a tangent here, the BBC have done an article on how this will affect English football with the exchange rate affecting transfer fees, and wages plus the probable need for visa for EU players, also the cost and prospects of hosting a major champions. I imaging it could also out off prospective foreign owners.

Interesting read. So we're going to have to up the wages of foreign players because of the weakened pound.

I'd imagine that the same principle applies to the unskilled and skilled workforce of immigrants that the UK economy depends on, this will of course also have to reflect in UK wages which can only mean one thing. Inflation. On top of the inflation that will have already occurred because the cost of imports has gone up. Given that we're a consumer based economy that makes us a net importer this ain't good.

martcov

I realise that you're a Merkel supporter and a fan of all things EU but even by your anti-UK standards that is a ridiculous statement.

Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal have been turned into basket cases as a direct result of being shackled to the Euro. A currency that was pegged at a level on par with the Deutschmark to protect German industry whilst showing no regard to the effects it would have on economies built on currencies (drachma/lira/peseta/escudo) that had historically traded at significantly lower levels.

Putting aside the shameful treatment of Greece in their economic hour of need, the EU and in particular the 'one size fits all' currency has created mass youth unemployment, poverty and misery in these Southern European countries. Yet their plight continues to be viewed with arrogant indifference by the EU elite.

Yesterdays vote has at last called time on the filthy, corrupt institution and in the coming months and years the people of Europe will rise to reclaim their nations.

anti UK? I am one of approximately half the UK who think that the UK will have more problems out than in.

Terry Gibson's perm

Interesting read. So we're going to have to up the wages of foreign players because of the weakened pound.

I'd imagine that the same principle applies to the unskilled and skilled workforce of immigrants that the UK economy depends on, this will of course also have to reflect in UK wages which can only mean one thing. Inflation. On top of the inflation that will have already occurred because the cost of imports has gone up. Given that we're a consumer based economy that makes us a net importer this ain't good.

Not a moments worry to our club though just sign English players, all the top players can't play in Spain and they may have to adjust their expectations when they come here.

SIR ERNIE

If you needed further evidence of the dictatorial attitude of the EU elite:

“Out is out,” said Elmar Brok, a member of the Christian Democratic party and leader of the foreign affairs committee in the European Parliament. “We have to prevent copycats now.” (The Economist 24th June 2016)

It may have escaped Herr Brok's notice that the 'copycat' nations to which he refers are in fact democracies.

As such and motivated by the decision of the UK they will now no doubt feel empowered to stand against the arrogance of the EU and follow our lead.

Philosorapter

Actually in Scotland Labour is known as a right of centre party. This is what happens when you ignore your core vote.

I believe the one reason that Labour has been able to rely on the core support in England is because there is no viable alternative party to vote for. Hence the slow rise of UKIP.

Ashdown

How refreshing to read such 'common sense' !

Ashdown

Mr Anti English................Do you know wherever it is you are off to I hope they haven't got Wifi !!

Users who are viewing this thread