The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (33 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kingokings204

It is insulting people’s intelligence to compare the Guardian with the Mail as regards journalistic quality. It may be left of centre, but the target readership is totally different. You only have to read Astute‘s links to see what the target readership of the Express is. The type of reporting is designed for the target readership. The Sun was reputedly targeted at people with a reading age of at least an eight year old.

No it's not left of centre. It's very left of politics. We chose what we want to buy and read that's fair enough but to say the journalism is better at the guardian just because you prefer that paper to the daily mail is delusional.

Sickboy quoted the gay judge article and the gaurdian print crap like tear down our national statues in London of Nelson. It's designed to stir the pot. One may argue it's what journalism is but no not one side or better than the other because it suits your views.

martcov

Kingokings204

To claim the Guardian does the equivalent of the Mail is absurd. I'm not sure why it is a characteristic of a very left wing publication to be critical of the Mail's attack.

And again because it doesn't fit in to your views it's "absurd" people buy the daily mail a lot. It may be a rag but I personally think the guardian is worse. That's probably because I'm more right wing than left wing. I think Nelson statue getting removed is absurd but that's life it gets printed. Free press is the term you're looking for.

Sick Boy

And again because it doesn't fit in to your views it's "absurd" people buy the daily mail a lot. It may be a rag but I personally think the guardian is worse. That's probably because I'm more right wing than left wing. I think Nelson statue getting removed is absurd but that's life it gets printed. Free press is the term you're looking for.

If you believe the Guardian does the equivalent of attacking someone based on their sexuality then that's your opinion, I suppose.

That column was over the top, but it didn't go down too well with regular readers either.

Captain Dart

I think Italy is in real trouble. I will happily admit I don't know much at all about Italian culture or even Italian politics but I know more their economic situation and being so close to North Africa and the terrible scenes we see I feel they have a bad hand.

When the banking crisis hits which seems inevitable looking at debt to GDP ratio for the country and the bond markets then the real questions will come.

Maybe soon we will soon see the rise of Padanian separatists.
375px-Padania-Regions.svg.png

Padania as envisaged by the Lega Nord.

martcov

No it's not left of centre. It's very left of politics. We chose what we want to buy and read that's fair enough but to say the journalism is better at the guardian just because you prefer that paper to the daily mail is delusional.

Sickboy quoted the gay judge article and the gaurdian print crap like tear down our national statues in London of Nelson. It's designed to stir the pot. One may argue it's what journalism is but no not one side or better than the other because it suits your views.

You just showed how far to the right you are. Why don’t just condemn the gay judge scumbag journalism which was far more anti democratic than some side note about a statue. The Irish blew up their Nelson statue btw..

martcov

Maybe soon we will soon see the rise of Padanian separatists.
375px-Padania-Regions.svg.png

Padania as envisaged by the Lega Nord.

One way of moving away from North Africa. Very selfish, but a good point for London and the South East at some future time. As they say in London, give everyone above Watford a cow and a goat and leave them to it. I am surprised that the there isn’t already some sort of movement in that direction. It seems to be in mode to take what you can and leave the rest in poverty. An independent South East in the EU would survive on it’s own.

Kingokings204

You just showed how far to the right you are. Why don’t just condemn the gay judge scumbag journalism which was far more anti democratic than some side note about a statue. The Irish blew up their Nelson statue btw..

Of course I'm far right. Maybe I'm a secret nazi? What a joker.

If you cared to read my reply to Sickboy I did condemn it it's absurd and being gay has nothing to do with it. Yes it's bloody stupid. I prefer to make my own mind up if that's ok with you of course?

Sick Boy

One way of moving away from North Africa. Very selfish, but a good point for London and the South East at some future time. As they say in London, give everyone above Watford a cow and a goat. I am surprised that the there isn’t already some sort of movement in that direction. It seems to be in mode to take what you can and leave the rest in poverty. An independent South East in the EU would survive on it’s own.

La Lega simply does not have the support to break away. It is the party of actual fascists and bigots.

Astute

The Mail seem to directly challenge democracy and seems to think being a gay ex fencer is a major defect of someone's personality. Let's not forget the phone hacking scandel that I believe was unearthed by the Guardian?

Plenty of those to the right of the Guardian also detest Farage as well, btw.
Each paper is bad until someone wants it to be good.

Each paper is good until someone wants it to be bad.

Astute

He was quoting Davis.
I was quoting him. And others that moan all the time saying that this week would get a different result. Or people didn't know what they were voting for.

Sick Boy

They probably do if they read that on a regular basis. Some things are indeed hard to stomach for me, so apart from links on here I cannot bring myself to read it.

The front page of May's face and calling her for opponents to be crushed was very disturbing and I believe that sort of rhetoric helped lead to failure to get a majority.

Sick Boy

Oh yes. We all read all the crap about everything. None of us miss anything.

Same as you missed how many homeless we have. A much more important thing to me.

Still waiting for you solution to this post-Brexit, BTW. I would like to see the mansions of the super rich foreign residents who don't even live there gifted to the homeless. I'm sure you can agree with that?

martcov

Oh yes. We all read all the crap about everything. None of us miss anything.

Same as you missed how many homeless we have. A much more important thing to me.

It is hard to miss how many homeless there are on this thread, but some seem to miss how many definitions of homelessness there are, despite links, and play down some of the reasons for this in order to get the desired answer- which is „the EU done it““.

skybluetony176

I was quoting him. And others that moan all the time saying that this week would get a different result. Or people didn't know what they were voting for.

Like I said, nothing stopping people changing their mind in either direction. You keep telling us that you voted remain, nothing stopping you or anyone else who did voting leave should there be another referendum as a point of principle. Like I said could be a leave whitewash. Wouldn’t that be better than the narrow victory that’s raised more questions than answers that we have now? Wouldn’t a clear victory strengthen our negotiating place?

Grendel

To claim the Guardian does the equivalent of the Mail is absurd. I'm not sure why it is a characteristic of a very left wing publication to be critical of the Mail's attack.

I'd also challenge the Guardian as being very very left. It's left but not to the extent you claim. Until recently it regarded Corbyn to be too left.
It's a sickening type of left wing paper. One that condescends the poor and expects them to do as they say as the intellectuals that contribute to it are SO much brighter.

I've not checked but I bet the repugnant Will Self contributes to it.

It's like Will Self on steroids.

martcov

Still waiting for you solution to this post-Brexit, BTW. I would like to see the mansions of the super rich foreign residents who don't even live there gifted to the homeless. I'm sure you can agree with that?

Same as KoK pointing out the migration problem in Italy and it’s proximity to Africa. Without the EU people will still try their luck getting to Italy. Italy may long term be better in the EU as regards sharing the burden and border controls ( I say long term allowing for the fact that is not working now ).

Sick Boy

Same as KoK pointing out the migration problem in Italy and it’s proximity to Africa. Without the EU people will still try their luck getting to Italy. Italy may long term be better in the EU as regards sharing the burden and border controls ( I say long term allowing for the fact that is not working now ).

Yes I know. The relocation of the UK border from France is going to be interesting as well.

clint van damme

it's really not and has a couple of fairly right wing writers.
Definitely more balanced than the likes of the mail and the express.

Grendel

Democracy when it suits. They don’t like too much as with proportional representation. They accept the House of Lords, but not the EU Commission. They say slightly over half when talking about the ROI border, but a majority when talking about 52:48.

There was a referendum on proportional representation - it was rejected.

We have a parliament act which renders the lords obsolete when we choose to. We can't ignore the slimy EU commission

The border poll was for a referendum - 46% don't even want it discussed - the same poll also said a hard border was preferable than not remaining in the uk post brexit.

Sick Boy

There was a referendum on proportional representation - it was rejected.

We have a parliament act which renders the lords obsolete when we choose to. We can't ignore the slimy EU commission

The border poll was for a referendum - 46% don't even want it discussed - the same poll also said a hard border was preferable than not remaining in the uk post brexit.

What effect do you think a hard border will have on the Good Friday agreement?

martcov

OMG.

There isn't a vote coming up. So wherever your numbers came from the truth has been twisted.

An eight of the German population did vote AfD. My new found allies? You can fuck off if you are implying that I am racist in any way.

All I have done is stated the facts. Things are not all good in the EU. Do you think insulting people will hide the truth?

There is a vote on Sunday it is very relevant as winning the state not only gives you power in the state, but more clout in the Federal Council of states.

Grendel

What effect do you think a hard border will have on the Good Friday agreement?

1. I don't think there will be one

2. It will have little effect as the catholic representation in the parliament are diametrically opposed to one another. Is it non true that the UDP despite your contempt for their extreme views had an alliance with Sinn Fein which broke down over issues only on finance.

Sick Boy

1. I don't think there will be one

2. It will have little effect as the catholic representation in the parliament are diametrically opposed to one another. Is it non true that the UDP despite your contempt for their extreme views had an alliance with Sinn Fein which broke down over issues only on finance.

Do you think NI will remain in the Customs Union?

Users who are viewing this thread