The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (80 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

Brexit will have a damaging effect on all of EU Europe. Good for Trump good for Putin, but what do we get out of all this ( apart from hollow phrases )?

The EU has the choice on how easy or hard it is. If they want everyone to suffer they can make it happen. But you will find someone else to blame.

Astute

Funny that. You complain that Juncker wants us to pay billions to make sure others don’t leave and that EU taxpayers aren’t hit with our bills, yet think he is not interested in er.... EU taxpayers and people who would have to make up any shortfall.
Which is what I have been saying. But you only read what you want and ignore the rest.

Astute

Did they say that Merkel is negotiating for the EU?
She will certainly put Germany's side forward. And if Juncker is nothing to the EU like you say she should get her way. The rest of the EU relies on Germany in a small way at least.

Ashdown

Surely if ultimately the money Juncker and Co are asking for is coming from the UK public purse then they should be compelled to list a detailed summary of what exactly that money is required for ?

clint van damme

Surely if ultimately the money Juncker and Co are asking for is coming from the UK public purse then they should be compelled to list a detailed summary of what exactly that money is required for ?

are you suggesting that the negotiating team won't have a detailed break down of what is included in the final settlement figure?

Ashdown

are you suggesting that the negotiating team won't have a detailed break down of what is included in the final settlement figure?
I'm really not sure but it would enable the public here and on the continent information that could explain the wrangling. Surely in a 'democratic' open institution like the EU there should be maximum transparency ?! I'm not holding my breath though are you ? It would help the EU's argument if they could highlight community and infrastructure projects beneficial to all its current and former members that we had already signed up to ......................on the other hand it might just highlight that a good part of their demands is tantamount to a fine as punishment ?!

clint van damme

I'm really not sure but it would enable the public here and on the continent information that could explain the wrangling. Surely in a 'democratic' open institution like the EU there should be maximum transparency ?! I'm not holding my breath though are you ? It would help the EU's argument if they could highlight community and infrastructure projects beneficial to all its current and former members that we had already signed up to ......................on the other hand it might just highlight that a good part of their demands is tantamount to a fine as punishment ?!

i think our negotiating team are a bunch of clowns but even I don't think they're stupid enough not to have a break down of every last penny of the settlement bill.
Whether it will be made public or not is another matter.
I can see them coming out with the political equivalent of the undisclosed fee!

fernandopartridge

i think our negotiating team are a bunch of clowns but even I don't think they're stupid enough not to have a break down of every last penny of the settlement bill.
Whether it will be made public or not is another matter.
I can see them coming out with the political equivalent of the undisclosed fee!

I think you're being unfair on our actually negotiation team. The civil servants who are negotiating are anything but clowns, but only act on instruction from their Tory overlords.

I've read a few worrying things on Twitter which suggest that Tories spivs are preparing for no deal and economic chaos to allow for another great theft of private and public assets.

clint van damme

I think you're being unfair on our actually negotiation team. The civil servants who are negotiating are anything but clowns, but only act on instruction from their Tory overlords.

I've read a few worrying things on Twitter which suggest that Tories spivs are preparing for no deal and economic chaos to allow for another great theft of private and public assets.

Agree, was referring to Fox and co rather than the civil servants.
I'm not sure of their credentials to be honest but I'm hoping the reason Fox took a very small and inexperienced team to the US for the first UK-UK trade working group talks was because all the talented ones are involved in the EU talks.

Astute

Agree, was referring to Fox and co rather than the civil servants.
I'm not sure of their credentials to be honest but I'm hoping the reason Fox took a very small and inexperienced team to the US for the first UK-UK trade working group talks was because all the talented ones are involved in the EU talks.
Will the UK have tariffs with the UK? :shifty:

Sick Boy

I reckon you're probably bang on.

martcov

I'm sure Haw Haw Martcov and his co-collaborator will praise such a statesmanlike performance.

The traitors in this game are the ones who are taking us out of the EU. You like following the pied pipers though. If you cared about the future of the UK you wouldn‘t be following the likes of Murdoch, Gove, Johnson and the smug creep Farage. Hope you are enjoying the present chaos.

Sick Boy

The traitors in this game are the ones who are taking us out of the EU. You like following the pied pipers though. If you cared about the future of the UK you wouldn‘t be following the likes of Murdoch, Gove, Johnson and the smug creep Farage. Hope you are enjoying the present chaos.

Careful, he will start on about you eating sausages next.

Ian1779

You probably never thought you'd see a more inept group of individuals as the SISU legal team

UK Brexit negotiators: Hold our beers...

Grendel

Lol - I don't follow anyone it's you and your fellow collaborator who follow twerps like Barnier. If he had 0.0001% say in our destiny it would be a million times too much

Grendel

martcov

So you think we should remain in the EU and have laws influenced by the likes of Mr Barnier?

Wow

What do you know about M. Barnier? Is he „thick as mince“ and lazy like Davis is ( apparently)? Do you think the UK should have laws influenced by Davis?

Grendel

What do you know about M. Barnier? Is he „thick as mince“ and lazy like Davis is ( apparently)? Do you think the UK should have laws influenced by Davis?

Only if the British electorate elect him as a representative of parliament.

Astute

Following who?

You have said nothing to make me think that you care. It could all be about money to you.

You are not the only one who can make a stupid comment.

martcov

What "chaos" would that be? Actually living in the UK I've yet to notice any changes here since the referendum result was announced.

Read any papers lately? Listened to any leading politicians? Noticed any unified stance on Brexit and Brexit negotiations? Or do you mean your bins still get emptied and the buses are still running?

martcov

Following who?

You have said nothing to make me think that you care. It could all be about money to you.

You are not the only one who can make a stupid comment.

Some here are far better than I am at making stupid comments... if I make stupid comments at all

martcov

Only if the British electorate elect him as a representative of parliament.

There is concern that parliament seems to be being bypassed, so maybe MPs don’t always have influence anyway. At least the MEPs have agreed Barnier‘s negotiating brief.

They are not using Henry VIII Powers.

„It comes in response to deep concerns among Conservative MPs over sweeping powers being granted to ministers as part of the Brexit process, which allow them to change existing laws without full scrutiny in Parliament.“

Users who are viewing this thread