The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (29 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chiefdave

Farage is not part of the official leave campaign not is an elected official. He has no right to say how money should be spent.
It's not like he was making different claims to everyone else. Boris had it plastered on the side of his bus.

James Smith

Its almost comical. Did people not think about what they were voting for:

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry...-will-not-be-worse-off-following-brexit-vote/

Cornwall votes leave and now asks for assurances they won't be worse off when they lose EU funding.

Yeah that's a good one, you might think they'd have thought about that beforehand.

They should have had David Cameron on Have I Got News For You because it does seem to have worked for Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage.

Monners

I thought that the border being open was a vital part of the peace process, whatever your thoughts on the outcome today we have to hope it doesn't descend into violence again.

There is free passage between the UK and Ireland. This was part of the independence agreement for Ireland. Also, Irish nationals can vote in UK elections (and I think vice versa).

And, don't forget your homework or you won't be going to the roller disco this evening - I really don't like being strict!

skybluetony176

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry...-will-not-be-worse-off-following-brexit-vote/

Cornwall votes leave and now asks for assurances they won't be worse off when they lose EU funding.

I've got a cousin who lives in Cornwall and she told me weeks ago that she thought Cornwall would vote out and that the people she talked to about it didn't realise that Cornwall got this level of money from the EU. Many said that they'd still vote leave regardless and others actually dismissed her claiming that she was BSing. Give it a couple of weeks and I think a lot of people are going to realise that they've ballsed up voting leave.

Monners

Cornwall and Wales - Turkeys voting for Christmas
200w.gif

jimmyhillsfanclub

Of course they thought about it.....but like me, probably thought they should concentrate & vote on the question in hand.....not succumb to the fear of the sky falling in....

I faced a similar dilemma myself.....I've lived in Liverpool over 20 years now....the only reason I'm here is because of the EU Objective 1 funding that allowed me to return to college after a long period on the dole....
Liverpool as a city would still be on its arse if it wasn't for the EU re-distributing funds more fairly than the British government....

...but I voted with an eye on the future...not the past......

Embrace change.....try to shape the future for my kids....

I'm proud of the British people today.......finally standing up to the machine!

skybluetony176

I thought that the border being open was a vital part of the peace process, whatever your thoughts on the outcome today we have to hope it doesn't descend into violence again.

The border will remain open. Both rely on cross border trading too much not to. My family is from a border town in the north and many work in the south and get paid in euros and vice versa. Plus many people from the north cross to the south to buy things like petrol and people from the south cross buy household goods and clothing IIRC. Both parties need that to continue.

Monners

Or just bravely voting for change.....for their futures.....taking a long term view....
For those who had the full picture yes, but suspect an anti establishment protest vote featured somewhere too - as was the case across England. Tony's anecdote re his Cornish cousin suggests a degree of ignorance in regard to EU funding.

Nick

Administrator
For those who had the full picture yes, but suspect an anti establishment protest vote featured somewhere too - as was the case across England. Tony's anecdote re his Cornish cousin suggests a degree of ignorance in regard to EU funding.

Surely this is down to bad campaigning then? If people aren't actually aware of things?

Sumo the Micky Quinn

I've got a cousin who lives in Cornwall and she told me weeks ago that she thought Cornwall would vote out and that the people she talked to about it didn't realise that Cornwall got this level of money from the EU. Many said that they'd still vote leave regardless and others actually dismissed her claiming that she was BSing. Give it a couple of weeks and I think a lot of people are going to realise that they've ballsed up voting leave.

Same as people living abroad.

:banghead: I have spoken to quite a lot of people who live here outside of the EU. I then asked are they voting in Sunday's General Election which takes place here in Spain, to which they answered no - I can't vote in that, reminding them if you can't vote you have no right to stay here once voting out of the EU. :banghead:

:banghead: Hundreds of people living here didn't bother asking about their voting papers, Even though it impacts on people living here directly. We now have to wait to see what Spain say.:banghead:

The only voting rights I have here are local (equal to Parish Council) elections and European Elections.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Agreed....and likewise, I'm sure many voted remain just cos their bosses or union rep told them too......

Ignorance on both sides for sure......hardly surprising really when you look at the campaigns.....

Nick

Administrator
Agreed....and likewise, I'm sure many voted remain just cos their bosses or union rep told them too......

Ignorance on both sides for sure......hardly surprising really when you look at the campaigns.....

Exactly, nobody told me why I should vote for their campaign and why it would benefit me personally. How many millions of people don't follow on newsnight and debates etc?

Kingokings204

We will be ok. I get not everyone wanted out but if reversed guess what the leavers would have to get on with it.

London votes in and rest of England votes out. Everything you need to know in a nut shell.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Not that I place much importance on it.....its just a shock & adjustment....however....

Currently DAX is down 7.5%, CAC is down nearly 9%.....FTSE only 4.5%......just saying....

Nick

Administrator
I dont know much about the FTSE, but is it actually money being lost / taken away?

Surely it is only lost if you sell the shares today? Whereas if you wait for a bit and let it settle down it won't be as bad?

skybluetony176

Petrol set to rise on the forecourt as crude oil is dealt with by the dollar. This must be some of the "taking control back" that the leave campaign was so keen on selling to the gullible.

Nick

Administrator
Petrol set to rise on the forecourt as crude oil is dealt with by the dollar. This must be some of the "taking control back" that the leave campaign was so keen on selling to the gullible.

Again this is the thing, why were people promoting remain not putting all of this on a flyer and telling the "everyday joe" how it would effect them?

Liquid Gold

Again this is the thing, why were people promoting remain not putting all of this on a flyer and telling the "everyday joe" how it would effect them?

It was said time and time again that things would become more expensive, people wouldn't listen. As Gove said "the British people are tired of experts" the things that worked in this referendum was not telling the voters what would happen but lying to them.

Nick

Administrator
It was said time and time again that things would become more expensive, people wouldn't listen. As Gove said "the British people are tired of experts" the things that worked in this referendum was not telling the voters what would happen but lying to them.

Where was it said though?

I am talking about people who don't watch newsnight, didn't watch the live debates etc. I am sure there are millions like that. I received nothing in the post personally trying to sway my vote either way with why I should vote either Leave or Remain.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
This referendum didn't cause the many fractures in this United Kingdom but it sure did bring them in to sharp focus.

Lot of work to be done and not just on the Brexit

Users who are viewing this thread