The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (22 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

Yes, I got your point.

Clearly you were smarting about my criticism of The Guardian on another thread. My Daily Mail link gave you the excuse to have your little rant, not about the subject of the link of course (which was in fact a Times article) but about the Daily Mail itself.

Bizarre but as I said, entirely predictable.

Life goes on.

The far right party that you were praising when they were getting popular in Germany is now showing what happens when you start having nation states in Europe. They not only want their country back, but now they want their (Nazi) past back. Literally what Gauland just said. They want to reassess the heroic actions of the Nazi forces. You really can't make this up. This just after Farage told them to speak the unspeakable. Shows how Farage thinks and what an immediate effect he has had on the far right by emboldening them.

Kingokings204

The far right party that you were praising when they were getting popular in Germany is now showing what happens when you start having nation states in Europe. They not only want their country back, but now they want their (Nazi) past back. Literally what Gauland just said. They want to reassess the heroic actions of the Nazi forces. You really can't make this up. This just after Farage told them to speak the unspeakable. Shows how Farage thinks and what an immediate effect he has had on the far right by emboldening them.

Where is the proof for this? Any links? Genuinely want to read about German politics.

martcov

Where is the proof for this? Any links? Genuinely want to read about German politics.

I read it in German ... and there is a backlash from the SPD and CDU and everyone else. The man who said it one of the top 3 of the AfD - Gauland. It must be in English by now...

Kingokings204

I read it in German ... and there is a backlash from the SPD and CDU and everyone else. The man who said it one of the top 3 of the AfD - Gauland. It must be in English by now...

French is my language and I could read but German isn't my strong point.

Grendel

You talk some bollocks but this is off the scale even for you.

martcov

You talk some bollocks but this is off the scale even for you.

Not really. Starts off as we want our country back... We had hundreds of years of wars between European nation states. I had hoped we had learnt from that... unfortunately the war is almost out of living memory, and selfish nationalism is coming out from beneath it's stone

clint van damme

Yes, I got your point.

Clearly you were smarting about my criticism of The Guardian on another thread. My Daily Mail link gave you the excuse to have your little rant, not about the subject of the link of course (which was in fact a Times article) but about the Daily Mail itself.

Bizarre but as I said, entirely predictable.

Life goes on.

wasn't smarting, saw your comment on the Guardian and didn't reply. It was only when I saw you linking the mailonline I said something, ridiculous website for numerous reasons.

Grendel

Not really. Starts off as we want our country back... We had hundreds of years of wars between European nation states. I had hoped we had learnt from that... unfortunately the war is almost out of living memory, and selfish nationalism is coming out from beneath it's stone

The notion that we have to have a political union from a federalist government to preserve peace is gibberish - hasn't it occurred to you that any growth of any extremist movement is fuelled because of removal of national identity?

What next - we no longer have apartheid so we'll be off to remake the Boer war?

martcov

The notion that we have to have a political union from a federalist government to preserve peace is gibberish - hasn't it occurred to you that any growth of any extremist movement is fuelled because of removal of national identity?

What next - we no longer have apartheid so we'll be off to remake the Boer war?

No, but it has occurred to me that working together is better than working against each other. You may lose a national identity- go to London if you want to see a mixture of nationalities - but you could get a European identity as I have got. I still know that I am English ( and am proud of that ), but I would rather class myself as a European.

martcov

Your obsession with tiny minority right wing groups is interesting.

Not really, but a while ago Ernie was bigging up the growth of AfD whilst slamming mad Merkel. Hence the reference. The point was that the AfD was relatively successful for 'a minority right wing group'. It will have seats in the Bundestag in less than 2 weeks. The first time such a party has made it to parliament since 1945. it seems people have forgotten why Europe is how it is today.

It worries me that people are falling for this and I am annoyed at Farage emboldenening them. He should be leading the BNP if he supports the ideology of AfD.

Astute

Not really, but a while ago Ernie was bigging up the growth of AfD whilst slamming mad Merkel. Hence the reference. The point was that the AfD was relatively successful for 'a minority right wing group'. It will have seats in the Bundestag in less than 2 weeks. The first time such a party has made it to parliament since 1945. it seems people have forgotten why Europe is how it is today.

It worries me that people are falling for this and I am annoyed at Farage emboldenening them. He should be leading the BNP if he supports the ideology of AfD.
Farage again?

Question for you. Why do you make excuses for whatever Juncker says? You call him irrelevant as you say he may come up with the ideas bit can't force them through. But when it comes to Farage you constantly mention him for no reason. And Farage carries much less weight than Juncker. And I count them both as self centred lowlife.

The problem is Farage occasionally talks sense. Juncker doesn't.

SIR ERNIE

Not really, but a while ago Ernie was bigging up the growth of AfD whilst slamming mad Merkel. .

Ah yes, I remember that conversation.

I’d just returned from a 4-day business trip to Germany and said that several of my longstanding German friends and colleagues were very concerned about the recent wave of killings, attacks and assaults in Germany and wider Europe following the massive influx of migrants into their country. They described how areas of some cities had almost overnight become no-go areas for families.

I also reported their fears about the resultant upsurge of Right Wing organisations.

Your response to these perfectly reasonable fears from decent working families was to sneer and insinuate that these people must themselves be right wing nut jobs.

Now your twisted recollection of that post tells you that I was

‘bigging up the growth of AfD whilst slamming mad Merkel'

You really couldn’t make it up.
…Except you have.

Astute

I’d just returned from a 4-day business trip to Germany and said that several of my longstanding German friends and colleagues were very concerned about the recent wave of killings, attacks and assaults in Germany and wider Europe following the massive influx of migrants into their country. They described how areas of some cities had almost overnight become no-go areas for families.

I also reported their fears about the resultant upsurge of Right Wing organisations.

Your response to these perfectly reasonable fears from decent working families was to sneer and insinuate that these people must themselves be right wing nut jobs.

…Except you have.
Listening to Mart you would think that only the racists in Germany are unhappy. But I suppose it is the same as here. If you are unhappy with it you are a racist. And it is no fault of Juncker and the EU as there is someone else to blame.

Back in reality we have the house price crash and unemployment has gone through the roof since the Brexit vote. OK it didn't happen as many of us thought it wouldn't. But we are still supposed to believe everything that they say. Just like the rest of the EU countries are all happy. That was proven to be wrong after the latest Juncker rant.

And to think he is in charge of it all.

martcov

Farage again?

Question for you. Why do you make excuses for whatever Juncker says? You call him irrelevant as you say he may come up with the ideas bit can't force them through. But when it comes to Farage you constantly mention him for no reason. And Farage carries much less weight than Juncker. And I count them both as self centred lowlife.

The problem is Farage occasionally talks sense. Juncker doesn't.

Do you think telling a far right party to speak the unspeakable is talking sense? I don't make excuses for Juncker. I agree on some things, but he is not a dictator and will not be there forever. He was elected by elected representatives.

Astute

Do you think telling a far right party to speak the unspeakable is talking sense? I don't make excuses for Juncker. I agree on some things, but he is not a dictator and will not be there forever. He was elected by elected representatives.
Who did we elect that elected him?

He is going for another term. He has done enough damage already.

martcov

Listening to Mart you would think that only the racists in Germany are unhappy. But I suppose it is the same as here. If you are unhappy with it you are a racist. And it is no fault of Juncker and the EU as there is someone else to blame.

Back in reality we have the house price crash and unemployment has gone through the roof since the Brexit vote. OK it didn't happen as many of us thought it wouldn't. But we are still supposed to believe everything that they say. Just like the rest of the EU countries are all happy. That was proven to be wrong after the latest Juncker rant.

And to think he is in charge of it all.

Brexit hasn't happened - yet- and Merkel is goosstepping away in Brussels... apparently- see Mail readers comments.

Juncker has outlined what he sees as the way forward. Some things may happen, others won't. Brexit and the Eurozone recovery have created a "window of opportunity" to get things moving towards even closer cooperation. Great. Let's see what happens...

SkyblueBazza

Exactly. No thought is given to these things.
That is the same the world over. Book a flight to anywhere on a Saturday morning that you like with a return on Sunday evening...disappear & don't get on the flight. Can take years for them to catch you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Astute

Brexit hasn't happened - yet- and Merkel is goosstepping away in Brussels... apparently- see Mail readers comments.

Juncker has outlined what he sees as the way forward. Some things may happen, others won't. Brexit and the Eurozone recovery have created a "window of opportunity" to get things moving towards even closer cooperation. Great. Let's see what happens...
You see countries joining the EU that will also have to join the Euro as being great? Has Juncker forgotten that the second biggest contributor is leaving so the money to prop them up when it all goes wrong will have to come from elsewhere?

No wonder he wants us to pay well in excess of 100b to leave.

martcov

You see countries joining the EU that will also have to join the Euro as being great? Has Juncker forgotten that the second biggest contributor is leaving so the money to prop them up when it all goes wrong will have to come from elsewhere?

No wonder he wants us to pay well in excess of 100b to leave.

He, or rather the EU, wants us to pay what we have committed to.

martcov

…Except you have.

So you didn't mention the growth of AfD in a positive light and you didn't make any negative sarcastic remarks about Merkel? I remember it differently.

clint van damme

We did not commit to anywhere near that. The bloke is deluded.

it's not as simple as we should pay A or B, it's a lot more complicated than that.
I went through it in another post but it depends how the deal is structured, we can carry on paying in and taking money out of EU projects long after we've left, the more we will take out the bigger the initial settlement.
We can also decide not to tkae future payments on finished projects we've already invested in which will bring the figure down.
No idea if it should be anywhere near 100 mil but it is going to be based on a complicated formula not just a figure plucked out of the air but the higher it is then the more we'll take out in the future.

Astute

Boris Johnson: we will still claw back £350m a week after Brexit

looks like there's a tory leadership contest coming up.
Bye Theresa, thanks for fuck all.
The most pro EU news outlet you can find.

Loik at the Juncker rant from a few days ago. They make out as though everyone is behind him. The only news outlet not to mention how unhappy countries including Germany are on some policies. They tried to make out that everyone are behind the enlargement of the EU. We all know it isn't true.

Astute

it's not as simple as we should pay A or B, it's a lot more complicated than that.
I went through it in another post but it depends how the deal is structured, we can carry on paying in and taking money out of EU projects long after we've left, the more we will take out the bigger the initial settlement.
We can also decide not to tkae future payments on finished projects we've already invested in which will bring the figure down.
No idea if it should be anywhere near 100 mil but it is going to be based on a complicated formula not just a figure plucked out of the air but the higher it is then the more we'll take out in the future.
We all know the savings are not every penny that goes in. But you can't deny that we are the second largest net contributor. Most countries take out much more than they put in. This is undeniable. About half of what we put in doesn't come back. Whatever your views are this is a massive amount.

Users who are viewing this thread