The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (48 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SIR ERNIE

I do like a good laugh to start the day:

France and Germany demand the right to SUSPEND Schengen | Daily Mail Online

Thoughts:
I wonder, could there be a German election coming up?
Once the borders close, I'm sure Italy and Greece will be delighted to look after all the migrants that Merkel invited into Germany.
Juncker says one thing, Merkel says the opposite, France agree with Germany (obviously) and it's job done.

Last edited:

martcov

Thoughts:
Once the borders close, I'm sure Italy and Greece will be delighted to look after all the migrants that Merkel invited into Germany.
Juncker says one thing, Merkel says the opposite, France agree with Germany (obviously) and it's job done.

It states that the emergency controls are already in place but are due to expire at the end of a six month period. No news really. I thought that Juncker was a dictator- how come he allows other opinions?

clint van damme

Thoughts:

HAHAHA!! The man who slates the Guardian links mail online - you couldn't make it up!!

martcov

An entirely predictable response from good old Clint. The source is The Times.

Care to comment on the content dear boy?

There are controls on the Austrian borders due to the emergency measures which run out in November.... Germany wants them extended as do Austria. Austria is for open Schengen borders, but wants the EU entrypoint borders strengthened.

Astute

you've linked the mail online no matter what the source is!!
I linked it just before he did. Why not have a go at me? I read The Times as well as The Mail. Similar things in both papers.

Same old really. If someone can't counter what is said from a source then the source is crap. EU countries are not as united and in full agreement with Juncker as some would like you to believe. Many don't want the EU to expand. They are getting worried about the monster it is becoming.

One for you Sick Boy. They now want to be able to lock borders for 4 years minimum. How would Italy do if nobody was able to leave without the right documentation? So all those coming from Africa would be stranded in Italy instead of being able to move through Europe. Would be very bad for Italy.

Now try and tell me it is nothing to do with Juncker. He said we couldn't do it before the Brexit vote. Now other EU countries want to be able to do it for years at a time. So much for the harmony we keep hearing about.

Astute

There are controls on the Austrian borders due to the emergency measures which run out in November.... Germany wants them extended as do Austria. Austria is for open Schengen borders, but wants the EU entrypoint borders strengthened.
But changed from 6 months to 8 times as long. And the worry is how terrorists can freely move through countries to escape.

So we have had another terrorist attack in London this morning. Does anyone agree with Juncker now?

martcov

But changed from 6 months to 8 times as long. And the worry is how terrorists can freely move through countries to escape.

So we have had another terrorist attack in London this morning. Does anyone agree with Juncker now?

We are not in Schengen and even if we were, our terrorists are home grown.

martcov

I linked it just before he did. Why not have a go at me? I read The Times as well as The Mail. Similar things in both papers.

Same old really. If someone can't counter what is said from a source then the source is crap. EU countries are not as united and in full agreement with Juncker as some would like you to believe. Many don't want the EU to expand. They are getting worried about the monster it is becoming.

One for you Sick Boy. They now want to be able to lock borders for 4 years minimum. How would Italy do if nobody was able to leave without the right documentation? So all those coming from Africa would be stranded in Italy instead of being able to move through Europe. Would be very bad for Italy.

Now try and tell me it is nothing to do with Juncker. He said we couldn't do it before the Brexit vote. Now other EU countries want to be able to do it for years at a time. So much for the harmony we keep hearing about.

The borders aren't locked. The EU is democratic, which is why there is a discussion and people voice different opinions.

These measures are already in place and life goes on.

Astute

Bullshit. Some are and some are not. And freedom of movement makes it much easier for them. But it doesn't go with your view on the EU.

So why does your beloved Germany want to be able to lock their borders for a minimum of 4 years at a time?

Kingokings204

That's not the point and you know it. 3 of the Paris 8 bombers came in via the refugee crisis from Africa. Tell them it's home grown to.

Also begs the question if we weren't part of schegen and the euro why the heck were we in the eu?

Astute

The borders aren't locked. The EU is democratic, which is why there is a discussion and people voice different opinions.

I think it is you that needs to read it properly. It is because terrorists can move freely after an attack. They were talking about the last one in Paris. What would the use of a lockdown in Austria do to stop them getting out of France?

clint van damme

You should try reading my post again, he slated the Guardian but then linked the mail online, laughable in my opinion, that's why I brought it up.
I haven't really followed this section of the on going debate so it's content isn't that relevant to me at the moment to be honest and I haven't even read it.

Kingokings204

Best laugh honestly I've had in ages. It's An insult really.

Ask the french and Dutch if they were listened to on the constitution in 2005. Ask the Danes in the 90's and their referendum on Maastricht. Ask the Greeks 2 years ago when they voted for no more austerity.

And to top it all as the Irish the only country to get a vote on the Lisbon treaty btw when 3 times they voted as the first two they didn't get the right answer so they were made to vote a third time and they finally got it right back in 2008.

So please don't insult us and say the eu is democratic it's designed not to be democratic. It's doesn't believe in nation state democracy. What did I quote yesterday "if they vote yes they we will move forward and if they vote no we will continue" very democractic.

Oh and who voted for juncker?

Astute

You should try reading my post again, he slated the Guardian but then linked the mail online, laughable in my opinion, that's why I brought it up.
I haven't really followed this section of the on going debate so it's content isn't that relevant to me at the moment to be honest and I haven't even read it.
Try reading it. Shows that countries like Germany and France amongst others are totally against what Juncker is doing. And now people are getting worried about open borders. Yet Juncker says the good outweighs the bad. Yet he admits that the rules he has brought in aids terrorists.

SIR ERNIE

Sorry Astute, missed your earlier post.

Astute

Sorry Astute, missed your earlier post.
Not bothered about that. Just the way someone tries to brush it away with a comment that has nothing to do with the link as it doesn't agree with what they have been saying for months. Yet there was no comment at all about the same link I put up.

I am happy to have a debate with anyone on any subject. But what is the use when they ignore the bits they don't have an answer for or can't think of anything to counter it? A quick 'I get your point' is sufficient.

clint van damme

Not bothered about that. Just the way someone tries to brush it away with a comment that has nothing to do with the link as it doesn't agree with what they have been saying for months. Yet there was no comment at all about the same link I put up.

I am happy to have a debate with anyone on any subject. But what is the use when they ignore the bits they don't have an answer for or can't think of anything to counter it? A quick 'I get your point' is sufficient.

still missing the point about my post, take a breath!

martcov

Best laugh honestly I've had in ages. It's An insult really.

Ask the french and Dutch if they were listened to on the constitution in 2005. Ask the Danes in the 90's and their referendum on Maastricht. Ask the Greeks 2 years ago when they voted for no more austerity.

And to top it all as the Irish the only country to get a vote on the Lisbon treaty btw when 3 times they voted as the first two they didn't get the right answer so they were made to vote a third time and they finally got it right back in 2008.

So please don't insult us and say the eu is democratic it's designed not to be democratic. It's doesn't believe in nation state democracy. What did I quote yesterday "if they vote yes they we will move forward and if they vote no we will continue" very democractic.

Oh and who voted for juncker?

Really? How many countries want to leave at the moment? Elected representatives elected Juncker.

Kingokings204

Really? How many countries want to leave at the moment? Elected representatives elected Juncker.

So to be clear me or you didn't vote for or had to chance to vote for Juncker?

As for your first bit well how many countries want to leave? It's a very good question. Each country has never been asked if they want to join or not so I wouldn't know.

martcov

Try reading it. Shows that countries like Germany and France amongst others are totally against what Juncker is doing. And now people are getting worried about open borders. Yet Juncker says the good outweighs the bad. Yet he admits that the rules he has brought in aids terrorists.

What is Juncker actually doing apart from saying which way he wants the EU to develop? He is not a dictator. There has to be unanimous decisions on major things. Saying what he wants and having an "enabling act" are two different things.

martcov

So to be clear me or you didn't vote for or had to chance to vote for Juncker?

As for your first bit well how many countries want to leave? It's a very good question. Each country has never been asked if they want to join or not so I wouldn't know.

It's up to the voters if they don't like the EU. Look at Brexit.... that explains why no one wants to leave at the moment. No I didn't vote for Juncker, the Queen, the House of Lords, the Scottish, Welsh or Northern Ireland parties. But I could have voted for the people who elected Juncker.

Astute

It's up to the voters if they don't like the EU. Look at Brexit.... that explains why no one wants to leave at the moment. No I didn't vote for Juncker, the Queen, the House of Lords, the Scottish, Welsh or Northern Ireland parties. But I could have voted for the people who elected Juncker.
Can you vote in Germany?

Astute

What is Juncker actually doing apart from saying which way he wants the EU to develop? He is not a dictator. There has to be unanimous decisions on major things. Saying what he wants and having an "enabling act" are two different things.
Are you trying to say that we get to vote on everything to do with the EU and that it must be voted for by 100% of votes?

Kingokings204

Again completely agree and fair points about House of Lords which I detest and the monarchy/queen.

The Scottish welsh and NI parties isn't right though as they are different constituencies and they have been voted for by those people.

MEPs are voted for like your mate Nigel farage. It's people like juncker who aren't voted for who the world doesn't have respect for. Barroso was the same before him. He commanded no respect on the world stage as he wasn't elected for. Dress it up how you like but you can't vote for juncker and you can't remove him. Some democracy.

martcov

Again completely agree and fair points about House of Lords which I detest and the monarchy/queen.

The Scottish welsh and NI parties isn't right though as they are different constituencies and they have been voted for by those people.

MEPs are voted for like your mate Nigel farage. It's people like juncker who aren't voted for who the world doesn't have respect for. Barroso was the same before him. He commanded no respect on the world stage as he wasn't elected for. Dress it up how you like but you can't vote for juncker and you can't remove him. Some democracy.

Oh really...? Is Juncker there for life? How did he get his position?

martcov

Can you vote in Germany?

If I get my citizenship- I have the forms, but haven't had the time.. I must do that. Really urgent. Especially as someone stole my UK Passport and I am waiting for a new one. Had to get a temporary one recently to go to a funeral in London. If I had both I could keep them separately so as not to lose 2 at once. I can vote in EU and municipal elections at the moment.

martcov

Farage's mates at AfD are now asking for Wehrmacht and SS actions to be looked at in a different light. He asked the AfD to speak the "unspeakable" and they are obliging him.

SIR ERNIE

Yes, I got your point.

Clearly you were smarting about my criticism of The Guardian on another thread. My Daily Mail link gave you the excuse to have your little rant, not about the subject of the link of course (which was in fact a Times article) but about the Daily Mail itself.

Bizarre but as I said, entirely predictable.

Life goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread