Sydney Attack (6 Viewers)

shmmeee

In all seriousness. Lovely young men with internet access are probably of a size and consistent ideology at this point to be classed along with other terrorist groups.

David O'Day

In all seriousness. Lovely young men with internet access are probably of a size and consistent ideology at this point to be classed along with other terrorist groups.
They have killed a fair few people as well now.

skybluetony176

They have killed a fair few people as well now.
5 in Plymouth just a couple of years ago from an INCEL. Look at the Cult of Tate too, he has a few supporters on here who see him as some sort of hero. Even over the weekend Hannah Waddington had to tell a photographer on the red carpet where to go because he asked her to show some leg. It’s behaviour towards women that shouldn’t ever have been allowed to go unchallenged and certainly not in today’s society. That photographer should be arrested for harassment and not allowed to be near a red carpet again. We need to call it out at every level because if we don’t we just legitimise it, mix that with mental health issues and events like Sydney and Plymouth are going to become more and more common.

Otis

5 in Plymouth just a couple of years ago from an INCEL. Look at the Cult of Tate too, he has a few supporters on here who see him as some sort of hero. Even over the weekend Hannah Waddington had to tell a photographer on the red carpet where to go because he asked her to show some leg. It’s behaviour towards women that shouldn’t ever have been allowed to go unchallenged and certainly not in today’s society. That photographer should be arrested for harassment and not allowed to be near a red carpet again. We need to call it out at every level because if we don’t we just legitimise it, mix that with mental health issues and events like Sydney and Plymouth are going to become more and more common.
A bit harsh.

I would just stick him on bereavement notices, or lost and found pets, for a year or two

Liquid Gold

I’m being facetious. But on a separate note I do think it’s a bit curious that attacks by Muslims or asylum seekers will generate pages and pages of debate on this forum, whereas an attack like this one results in basically nothing.
Jokes on page two because people can't use it as an excuse to flaunt their racism. Although a few managed it early on.

skybluetony176

You do understand that finding someone calling out misogamy funny you’re proving my point. What’s up? Do you not have any women in your life that you respect? A grandmother? Mother? Sister? Wife? Daughter? If you did I suspect that you wouldn’t find them being asked to flash a body part funny or someone calling that pattern of behaviour out funny. If someone is willing to do that in front of a crowd to someone with a profile imagine what they’re thinking behind closed doors. Why did that “man” feel empowered to do it in the first place? Probably because people like you find him being called out funny, he thinks everywhere is a safe space to behave like that only because enough turn a blind eye to it and empower him and others like him to do it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Jokes on page two because people can't use it as an excuse to flaunt their racism. Although a few managed it early on.

If there is racism then report it and get the posters banned. From what I can see it is some people thinking the attack had a different motive to what it actually did. Not really any kind of crime, and not really anything surprising given that an attack like this is the usual modus operandi of ISIS et al, who have also issued direct warnings recently at the west that they were going to attack.

jimmyhillsfanclub

You do understand that finding someone calling out misogamy funny you’re proving my point. What’s up? Do you not have any women in your life that you respect? A grandmother? Mother? Sister? Wife? Daughter? If you did I suspect that you wouldn’t find them being asked to flash a body part funny or someone calling that pattern of behaviour out funny. If someone is willing to do that in front of a crowd to someone with a profile imagine what they’re thinking behind closed doors. Why did that “man” feel empowered to do it in the first place? Probably because people like you find him being called out funny, he thinks everywhere is a safe space to behave like that only because enough turn a blind eye to it and empower him and others like him to do it.

Ha ha....yep. you're right tony. Carry on. Arrest him. Quick.

Crime won't crack itself......

Otis

It's obviously wrong, but I can't see you can arrest someone for it.

At best, he should lose his job.

David O'Day

There's been a few incel killing sprees in North America as well.

PVA

Authorities previously said the attack was most likely "related to the mental health" of Mr Cauchi, who was shot dead by a lone police officer on Saturday.

His father, Andrew Cauchi, told reporters his son had battled with mental illness and recently come off his medication.

"To you he is a monster. To me, he was a very sick boy," he said, in a video posted by The Australian newspaper.

"He wanted a girlfriend and he's got no social skills and he was frustrated out of his brain," he added, when asked about why his son may have targeted women.

Grendel

I’m being facetious. But on a separate note I do think it’s a bit curious that attacks by Muslims or asylum seekers will generate pages and pages of debate on this forum, whereas an attack like this one results in basically nothing.

The attack on Israel generated no posts whatsoever

ajsccfc

People going far down the incel route are exposed to all kinds of nonsense about how women are objects who can be manipulated into paying them attention and/or the enemy, it's a real worry.

skybluetony176

It's obviously wrong, but I can't see you can arrest someone for it.

At best, he should lose his job.
There are currently sexual harassment laws in place that they could arrest him under. To the government’s credit there is currently a bill going through parliament to strengthen those laws especially against catcalling and street harassment. You may be right in thinking that as the law stands there might not be enough to prosecute but there might be enough to arrest and question should a complaint be made. The real shame is that we need these laws in the first place. Just shouldn’t be like that.

skybluetony176

People going far down the incel route are exposed to all kinds of nonsense about how women are objects who can be manipulated into paying them attention and/or the enemy, it's a real worry.
The title INCEL tells you everything you need to know about these men. It’s self titled, it’s not something that has been bestowed on them by media, the police or governments. These “men” are literally saying that they are involuntary celibate because women haven’t done their jobs by volunteering to fulfil their needs. It’s pure entitlement dangerously linked with anger and part of the wider problem of misogyny.

Grendel

3 days into this thread and we're talking about Hannah Waddingham and Pizza Hut buffets.

3 days into the Israel/Palestine thread anyone saying Israel isn't squeaky clean were accused of being terrorist sympathisers.

Were they? Can you substantiate that statement? No country is squeaky clean are they? The point - which you deliberately ignored - was that the rape killing and torture of the people at the festival did not generate a single post - correct?

PVA

Were they? Can you substantiate that statement? No country is squeaky clean are they? The point - which you deliberately ignored - was that the rape killing and torture of the people at the festival did not generate a single post - correct?

If you ignore the 4,000 posts in that thread then sure, not a single post generated on the topic.

skybluetony176

Incorrect.

Grendel

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

skybluetony176

Er the thread wasn’t started until Israel retaliated
So you was one of the people who had nothing to say then. Ironically. Even when you did join the conversation it wasn’t to condemn either side it was to argue over what does or doesn’t constitute a terrorist organisation.

hill83

If there is racism then report it and get the posters banned. From what I can see it is some people thinking the attack had a different motive to what it actually did. Not really any kind of crime, and not really anything surprising given that an attack like this is the usual modus operandi of ISIS et al, who have also issued direct warnings recently at the west that they were going to attack.

Tbf mate you are close. Surprised you don’t say cuck in a post for once

Same weapons eveytime

Brighton Sky Blue

Well for a start that would require the forum administrator to ban himself. It’s fine for people to admit that they profiled the killer here based on the ‘MO’ and location. Seems to be some reluctance to do that for some reason.

SBT

Maybe if people are going to be wrong this often they need to change their preconceptions about who the “usual” perpetrators are.

David O'Day

Well for a start that would require the forum administrator to ban himself. It’s fine for people to admit that they profiled the killer here based on the ‘MO’ and location. Seems to be some reluctance to do that for some reason.
The MO wasn't a 100% match though either to be fair. They fact he seems to have already been at the location left and then came back armed is not a perfect match for "terrorism".

Users who are viewing this thread