Match Thread Swindon Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 26th Sep (2 Viewers)

skybluegod

We can’t all be wrong, can we? :)
Now that we have all predicted it I expect us to lose 6-0 ;)

Knowing our luck, RCC will end up getting subbed on when the goalie breaks his wrist, and will then score direct from a goal kick,

torchomatic

They've been rubbish at home this season so I expect them to finally find their foem this evening! I presume we'll only play well in the second half.

Esoterica

Are you thinking it's 4-4-2? I think MR (unfortunately) is gonna play his usual 4-2-3-1 with Nazon just behind Biamou.
Would like to see it 4-4-2 though with Kelly in a slightly advanced position in the middle.

On a side note, Hussey is out for them, so that's one less goal to worry about, although seem to remember that Matty Taylor always scores against us?
Well that's part of the problem for me, I don't see it as a 4-2-3-1 as neither Beavon or Nazon play deep enough to be the middle of a 3 and end up higher in a more classic 2nd striker position just behind the 9. Which turns it into a 4-4-2 with very deep CMs and a huge hole in the middle, hence no creativity centrally.

skybluegod

Well that's part of the problem for me, I don't see it as a 4-2-3-1 as neither Beavon or Nazon play deep enough to be the middle of a 3 and end up higher in a more classic number 2nd striker position just behind the 9. Which turns it into a 4-4-2 with very deep CMs and a huge hole in the middle, hence no creativity centrally.

Will probably suit us tonight. Swindon like to fly out of the traps apparently, so having the 2 DM’s tonight will be important at the start of each half to make sure we just stay nice and compact.

no_loyalty

Feed Biamou and he will score.

2-1 City win to finally end the winless run against them

lifeskyblue

I will happily take a point tonight but like many others I'm thinking we will nick this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Anyone else a bit worried about the line-up tonight? Seems a bit overly attacking perhaps and therefore slightly unbalanced.

We will either win or lose 3-0.

Esoterica

Will probably suit us tonight. Swindon like to fly out of the traps apparently, so having the 2 DM’s tonight will be important at the start of each half to make sure we just stay nice and compact.
Agree, was saying I like DKE and Jones on the wingfor this game so we have the option to counter from both sides of the pitch, rather than building through Vincenti.

no_loyalty

Anyone else a bit worried about the line-up tonight? Seems a bit overly attacking perhaps and therefore slightly unbalanced.

I'm confident Rod will build another wall :happy:

Esoterica

Rod will need to be immense again, not much heading ability in this team, so a bit concerned about them getting to the bi-line or set pieces.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Maybe Robins is trying to debunk the suggestion we are only a second half team.
Go gung ho for a 4-0 half time lead and then strangle it second half with a 5-5-0 formation??

oucho

Anyone else a bit worried about the line-up tonight? Seems a bit overly attacking perhaps and therefore slightly unbalanced..
With the current injuries, I don't think there's many others to pick from in midfield or attack unless he dips into the kids squad.

fatso

Massive night for Biamou tonight, he needs to show he has what it takes to be the first choice striker.

Otis

I'm confident Rod will build another wall :happy:
Hope so.

When Vincenti plays he also offers a bit of defensive support. Beavon and McNulty both work really hard.

Nazon and Biamou I don't think will help out at the back at all and so with DKE, Nazon, Jones and Biamou there is not a lot of defensive help capability.

Let's hope we keep attacking and keep scoring.

oucho

Jodi wins possession, runs from our half before getting his legs taken out
That's something we're all just going to have to get used to this season unfortunately. The other teams will know he is our main threat and take him out accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread