Match Thread Swindon Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 26th Sep (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Away win would be great, a draw acceptable.

Its about time we beat them to be honest, will never forget the horror 3-1 defeat when they were in the top league for the only time and were comfortably the worst team in the league, and then if I recall correctly a shite 1-1 draw at home.
That 1-1 at home was the game Chris Marsden had a fantastic game and we played them off the park (not being sarcastic, but it was the biggest
1-1 thrashing think I've ever seen!)

Hobo

That 1-1 at home was the game Chris Marsden had a fantastic game and we played them off the park (not being sarcastic, but it was the biggest

Chris Marsden was a great player...still annoys me we weren't prepared to pay a paltry sum for him. His career after us speaks for itself. He was pure underrated class. For me he ranked alongside Willie Carr, Denis Mortimer, Gerry Daly, Stuart Robson and Dean Emmerson ..some, of the best midfielders we ever had.

Gazolba

Almost 57 years since we last beat them away in the league, although we had a couple of away victories in the FA cup since then.
It's difficult to see anything other than a draw from this game. But a draw would still be a good result.

vow

Indeed, I remember it felt more like a loss than a draw at the time after battering them for the whole game.

vow

Away win would be great, a draw acceptable.

Its about time we beat them to be honest, will never forget the horror 3-1 defeat when they were in the top league for the only time and were comfortably the worst team in the league, and then if I recall correctly a shite 1-1 draw at home.
Went to the 1-3 defeat at Swindon, what a shit-hole of a ground I remember thinking, I'm sure they used chicken-wire to hold up one of the stands back then!

I'm pretty sure it was Jan Aga Fortoft (dunno how you spell his name!) that got a hatrick that day and we had Julian Darby ~shudder~ in midfield.

steve82

Given our record against Swindon I'd be very happy to come away with a point 0-0 draw but I've got this feeling it could well be our night.
Like to see Biamou start this one.

Astute

Absolutely pissed off. I am off work. The wife is now off work. We are going to Coventry today. But the wife has not got the kids off school and won't allow them to be ill :shy: We would have needed clear roads to have made a home game. No chance of making Swindon. The kids are off school for over a week after today so wouldn't have made much difference.

I like their ground. It would be perfect for us. Other than location that is. And we are due a win there.

Otis

1-0 defeat, Hussey to score, drop to 9th out the play off places with Robins resigning after the game and Bobby Gould taking over for the rest of the season.
Bobby Gould taken ill after one game though due to high blood pressure and Mark Venus called back in to take over.

After 5 games Venus announces we are not good enough for League Two, or indeed the Conference, or indeed even the Midlands Alliance Combination League Division 2, U12's.

Venus awarded with new 5 year deal as a result of his ineptitude and club sculptor adds Venus's bust to his Joy Seppala statue plans.

Otis

Oh and the rules change and Old Donald is re-elected for a 5th term and over here everyone is saying, the Labour Party, remember them?

Nick

Administrator
Still not mega confident for a win, but hopefully scrape a well fought draw to keep confidence up for the weekend.

Liquid Gold

Absolutely pissed off. I am off work. The wife is now off work. We are going to Coventry today. But the wife has not got the kids off school and won't allow them to be ill :shy: We would have needed clear roads to have made a home game. No chance of making Swindon. The kids are off school for over a week after today so wouldn't have made much difference.

I like their ground. It would be perfect for us. Other than location that is. And we are due a win there.
Leave now, screw them all.

Ashdown

Feed the ball to Jodi Jones whenever possible. No one likes players running at them. Don't sit back, even away, you are always better off playing the game in their half. That's the team talk done then !!

steve82

---------------Burge----------------
Grimmer--Willis--McDonald--Stokes
---DeKE---Doyle(c)---Kelly----JJ---
---------Biamou----Nazon----------

Esoterica

surely can't be anything else can it?
I've a feeling Beavon will be back in for Biamou. Injury updates is one area where the club is still not communicating very well. Not expecting exact dates or anything just ball park. Was Vincenti's bad or not? What stage of recovery is Haynes at? Were Stevenson and DionKE ok after there returns for the U23s? etc etc

clint van damme

I've a feeling Beavon will be back in for Biamou. Injury updates is one area where the club is still not communicating very well. Not expecting exact dates or anything just ball park. Was Vincenti's bad or not? What stage of recovery is Haynes at? Were Stevenson and DionKE ok after there returns for the U23s? etc etc

you may be right. I'd prefer to keep Biamou in. I think he's going to start scoring soon, which is pretty much the kiss of death for the lad.

skybluesam66

4 points from today and Saturday will be good
6 will be excellent - and with the top 2 playing each other tonight would leave us on their heels

So far the top 2 have both only lost once - against the mighty sky blues, so if we were breathing down their necks, we would be in a good position

Leamington Pete

Chris Marsden was a great player...still annoys me we weren't prepared to pay a paltry sum for him. His career after us speaks for itself. He was pure underrated class. For me he ranked alongside Willie Carr, Denis Mortimer, Gerry Daly, Stuart Robson and Dean Emmerson ..some, of the best midfielders we ever had.

Have always felt that sometimes one player can galvanise a team and bring it all together, and Chris Marsden did just that. He completely transformed us during that spell and it was unbelievable that he wasn't signed.

oucho

If it's been announced then I have missed it, but please can someone tell me whether we have Vincenti and Beavon available tonight?

higgs

If it's been announced then I have missed it, but please can someone tell me whether we have Vincenti and Beavon available tonight?
robins said Vicente had a gash on his leg and bevon had a tight back so don't think they were serious injuries would imagine they both are available tonight

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread