Match Thread Stoke City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Feb (6 Viewers)

lifeskyblue

Not playing particularly well but still picking up points way from CBS. Robins will be happy I’m sure with a win and draw this week. Looking forward now to league and cup games at home where hopefully push on in terms of performance and results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Another week closer to sheaf return
Great win and I'm glad Simms got the goal. His celebration to the crowd to get them going (more Bidders than MvE ). Good to see.
Definitely going to need Torp against Preston. Then give him the day off Vs Maidstone.

Fingers crossed Saka can get over what he has then since we've more or less got a full week before Preston. We should be playing a full strength side (barring injuries).

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
Mr av dl always find a way

TomRad85

Too rash for me and not great when he’s being run at. Reminds me of Hyam. Gives his full back absolute crap to work with too.
For me, he's massive, athletic, aggressive, incredibly composed on the ball for a centre back and he's just turned 23 I think? He's only going to get better and better. He's not even comparable to Hyam, I think he'd pull Hyams arms off with his bare hands.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

napolimp

Deserved to win but fuck me do we make it difficult for ourselves. Stoke fans seem to think they played brilliantly and were robbed by the officials which is a ludicrous take.

Isn't that the standard response from every team we play? We clearly have all the EFL refs on our payroll.

TomRad85

Opinions and all but I think he’d get torn apart in the Prem. Let’s hope we find out.
In the making, not now. I think all our players would get pulled to pieces in the Prem atm but there's certainly a handful I think would grow into it and he's one of them.

TomRad85

Deserved to win but fuck me do we make it difficult for ourselves. Stoke fans seem to think they played brilliantly and were robbed by the officials which is a ludicrous take.
Dunno why they were so irate with the ref throughout. He was just your bog standard not great, but not awful championship ref. Seen far far worse.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
6 changes, squad rotation, 4 points in the week with players getting breaks with all these games, still in 6th place and competing, even if we’re not as fluid as we were some weeks ago, all about 3 points and getting through this next 6-8 games which will make and define the run in.

Its a risk from Robins but we have to trust him and hopefully lots of energy and fit players with the run in.

considering no sheaf, no allen and o hare back from a season out along with suspensions to sheaf and the extra cup games, I’m happy, as we should all be right now

time for beers and a curry

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Dunno why they were so irate with the ref throughout. He was just your bog standard not great, but not awful championship ref. Seen far far worse.

Had previous with them and sent one off in last game with poor decisions so they thought similar today

Happy_Martian

He also took 3 good clean catches and cleared the danger each time. Nothing spectacular and I'd have been disappointed if he'd dropped any, but it's the one attribute he has over Collins imo and I wish he'd come out and claim more often.

This is the point. He didn't need to make any award winning saves. But he was solid, did the important things right and the defence had confidence in him. In the end, Stoke didn't have any clear cut chances and we won. Wilson was unlucky in a few instances at the start of the season and to most on here, he's now utterly crap. Collins has had similar games but hasn't been given the same treatment.

But some members only look at the stats. Shmmeee says 1 shot on target means he did nothing else all game. Haven't read the whole thread but bet someone has said Simms only scored 1 goal so he contributed little.

This forum loves to hate some players.

TomRad85

Had previous with them and sent one off in last game with poor decisions so they thought similar today
Do we know the decisions against them in the previous game were poor or are we taking forum ramblings or the ramblings of incredibly bias comms as gospel?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Do we know the decisions against them in the previous game were poor or are we taking forum ramblings or the ramblings of incredibly bias comms as gospel?

He sent off the player who was booked first today for them, I’m going on the noise of the fans and trying to explain why the angst as today probably didn’t warrant the extent of the noise from his display, didn’t listen to any ramblings of their commentary

quinn1971

might not like all theses changes we make but got to admit robins is brilliant at it, just knows what players to slot in and where and we keep getting results, keep in or around the play offs with 5 or 6 games to go then hopefully we’ll be able to go full strength for the run In with everyone back fit , we’re lucky we’ve got a brilliant manager

TomRad85

He sent off the player who was booked first today for them, I’m going on the noise of the fans and trying to explain why the angst as today probably didn’t warrant the extent of the noise from his display, didn’t listen to any ramblings of their commentary
The commentary team were awful. You didn't miss anything.

Astute

6 changes, squad rotation, 4 points in the week with players getting breaks with all these games, still in 6th place and competing, even if we’re not as fluid as we were some weeks ago, all about 3 points and getting through this next 6-8 games which will make and define the run in.

Its a risk from Robins but we have to trust him and hopefully lots of energy and fit players with the run in.

considering no sheaf, no allen and o hare back from a season out along with suspensions to sheaf and the extra cup games, I’m happy, as we should all be right now

time for beers and a curry
Less of the positivity. Some on here know better than Robins.

skybluegod

In all seriousness he’s our best RCB, I just think he’s raw and blows hot and cold. I think Esoterica’s point about Kitching is fair, and he’ll probably calm down with experience. I just think we could do better and he’s behind Binks and Kitching in terms of quality, especially on the ball.

I don't think both cb's need to be ball playing tbf.

He was great today, and he is good at getting his body in the way of things, and in the air. He makes mistakes, but I think he's a great signing, with big potential to develop for us.

Johnnythespider

He sent one of them off the last time he reffed them, so he clearly has an agenda against them

steve101

A thought on Tavares. Didn't see much of him from an attacking sense apart from a decent cross. However, I liked the way he kept the width and felt he did a good defensive job, good pressing and recovery runs. Played a part in the clean sheet. Better in that regard than Wright and Palmer.

Mucca Mad Boys

In the making, not now. I think all our players would get pulled to pieces in the Prem atm but there's certainly a handful I think would grow into it and he's one of them.

We’ve got a lot of young players who might not be Prem quality right now, but will be in 1-2 seasons.

If we get promoted we’ll end up signing players in positions who are definitely Prem calibre.

Trust the process.

Brighton Sky Blue

He did ignore a blatant pull on Palmer as he was through

AiS86

Fuck it, I'm upgrading from guess work to undeniable fact. COLLINS ISN'T PLAYING BECAUSE HIS HAND WAS STOOD ON AGAINST PLYMOUTH AND HE WAS IN VISIBLE PAIN
A very deniable fact apparently. "Collins back in soon" I'm guessing that will go down well

OldBedrocker

And so has Collins. But he doesn't get the shit Wilson does. Even if he doesn't catch and just punch balls away (comments others have raised on here)

Some people on here love to target players regardless of how they play. Godden, Wilson, JDS, Simms. Never do anything right for forumites.

And so has Collins. But he doesn't get the shit Wilson does. Even if he doesn't catch and just punch balls away (comments others have raised on here)

Some people on here love to target players regardless of how they play. Godden, Wilson, JDS, Simms. Never do anything right for forumites.
Not a criticism but Collins is a far better all round keeper than Wilson.

CV22SBA

Didn’t deserve to lose but think a draw would have been a fair result. That was probably our poorest performance of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread