Match Thread Stoke City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Feb (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Stoke City - Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Legia Sky Blue

On a completely level playing field we win, but I'm worried about the lack of recovery time after the Plymouth game. Players wouldn't have got to bed until well into the early hours this morning, so today they will probably just rest up, while tomorrow shouldn't be too taxing either with a game the next day. Hopefully O'Hare will be firing on all cylinders though to help the cause.

Bad Boy

Lived up in North Staffordshire for nearly thirty years and hardly missed us v the clayheads at theirs in all that time.
I won't be going on Saturday but I'll be there in spirit hoping that we give them a spanking.

Cov kid 55

On a completely level playing field we win, but I'm worried about the lack of recovery time after the Plymouth game. Players wouldn't have got to bed until well into the early hours this morning, so today they will probably just rest up, while tomorrow shouldn't be too taxing either with a game the next day. Hopefully O'Hare will be firing on all cylinders though to help the cause.
Yep, my concern too. A tough ask, and no doubt rotation (needed) again. Kelly into midfield to protect our defence? O’Hare will presumably be keen to prove a point - and to stick two fingers up to Robins for leaving him out!😁 0-1 would be a cracking result, and we owe them for last season’s legends day!😡

MikeyMoo

Well Wright and Sakamoto only played 30 minutes, they will start most likely? Assumedly Sims also starts and at 60 minutes or so swaps out for Godden. As to the rest, O'Hare for Palmer, Robins might tinker, but I can't see Kelly starting.

Cov kid 55

Well Wright and Sakamoto only played 30 minutes, they will start most likely? Assumedly Sims also starts and at 60 minutes or so swaps out for Godden. As to the rest, O'Hare for Palmer, Robins might tinker, but I can't see Kelly starting.
To be fair, I’m not sure how fit Kelly is, certainly not match fit, so you may be right.

SBT

If playing a second-string team against Maidstone is apparently out of the question then we will need to make wholesale changes for this game.

TomRad85

No fucking about here. Don’t care if they’re tired. Need wins in the next two.

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles Torp
Saka O’Hare Wright
Simms
Only one I'd consider is Lati for MVE as MVE genuinely looks a bit fucked. Other than that then absolutely this.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

slowpoke

If fit play the best available team should include Wright & COH but MR& Ady seem to think differently, imo it’s cost us points, play Binks yesterday we win.

Skyblueweeman

It was always a tough one. We looked at staying at the same hotel after the match or staying someone on the way back (like Bristol) but then you'd be getting back to Cov later today so it was decided the best of a bad bunch of options was to head back straight after the game.

Even flying would've meant players not getting in to around 1.30-2am.

Grendel

If playing a second-string team against Maidstone is apparently out of the question then we will need to make wholesale changes for this game.

I know you keep banging this drum but what are you actually suggesting we do? The bench shows options aren’t exactly huge unless we get into U23 players.

You suggested Rus - you can’t have seen him play - he made Lameries look like Cyril Smith - he’d have been battered

Balli001

Simple, Binks is the better player by a distance & I’m not saying Kitching should not play as you say he played okay yesterday.
Well kitching is better in my opinion so its clearly not simple is it? Also still doesn't answer how binks playing means we would have won last night.

napolimp

Start with the strongest side possible, try and win the game early so we can make plenty of subs. Pretty much a weeks rest after this Saturday anyway. Think we're going to win the next 3 🤞

Paxman II

We win this at a canter. remain top 6 and llok to be strong over the next few fixtures to establish a gap in the top 6 and the ones below.

Pezza

I don't see how Binks is better than Kitch, Binks was terrible for the first 10 minutes again Millwall, lost every header and was at fault for their big chance. For me Binks is tidy on the ball, loves to ping a long ball but I'm not sure how much more he can or will develop.... let's see.

Londonccfcfan

At least this one isnt too far relatively speaking. So would assume some light training Friday afternoon? and players would head up for the hour journey on Saturday mid morning?

Torp and MVE look tired.

I think they might be the ones who miss. Maidstone.

Collins
MVE, Thomas,Kitching,Bidwell
Eccles, Torp
Saka, Ohare, Wright
Simms

Mucca Mad Boys

At least this one isnt too far relatively speaking. So would assume some light training Friday afternoon? and players would head up for the hour journey on Saturday mid morning?

Torp and MVE look tired.

I think they might be the ones who miss. Maidstone.

Collins
MVE, Thomas,Kitching,Bidwell
Eccles, Torp
Saka, Ohare, Wright
Simms
Agree with that, putting Lati in at RB could help with MVE’s fatigue. PNE is an important game now so we need to be as fresh as possible.

JohnWH

I’ve been terrible at match predictions. I'll wait for the team sheets then give a guess. Would like a clean sheet, though.

Offhegoes

Lati at RB to give MVE a rest.
O'Hare for Palmer
Wright for Da Silva
Sakamoto for Godden, and move Simms to the central role.
Eccles & Kelly in CM. Torp to get a rest.
Otherwise unchanged.

long way home

I can Milan getting a rest on Saturday with Lats switching in and Eccles starting in the midfield. It may be the right time to give Kelly some minutes with Torp coming off the bench.

You can hear frustration in Robins and its because he feels the side even with injuries should be winning games. And i think he was disappointed we didn't get 1 or 2 in before the window closed to help spread the workload.

slowpoke

It’s all opinions but I respectfully suggest you look closer.
As for last night Binks would have just taken the ball off either of Plymouths scorers.

slowpoke

I know you keep banging this drum but what are you actually suggesting we do? The bench shows options aren’t exactly huge unless we get into U23 players.

You suggested Rus - you can’t have seen him play - he made Lameries look like Cyril Smith - he’d have been battered
Rus has gone back home to Romania permanently.

Users who are viewing this thread