Match Thread Stoke City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Feb (1 Viewer)

Briles

My main concern with that Stoke team is that thug Pearson is playing - I'll be surprised if he doesn't try to take out O'Hare - he's up there with O'Nien for sh&thousery.

he always scores against us too

fatso

Good use of the squad, Palmer, Sakamoto and MVE havnt been at their best in the last couple of games so its good to leave them out and give them a rest.
This is an excellent chance for Tavares to show what he can do against a Stoke team that will have fatigued players.

SkyBlueMatt

Cov fans are so dramatic

On second look it's not a bad side. MvE has been lagging a bit recently so needs a rest, Lati will fit in fine. I'm looking forward to seeing what Taveres can do. Wilson is still a good keeper, golden glove last year. He'll be fine.

Godden off the bench to score the winner!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

JAM See

FFS, forgot the team selection drama.

We had a rare child free afternoon (and evening!) and I was heading to - and had agreement (!) - the local micropub with an iPad to watch the game. Even more of a treat as I’m on a health kick so not drinking much at the minute.

However, babysitters dropped out just as we were leaving to drop the kids off. So instead we’re heading to the cinema to watch Migration and pay about £50 for fruits shoots and popcorn they won’t eat, with zero chance of me watching the game.
That word is doing a lot of heavy lifting there mate!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Why is he on the bench then?
Rare for keepers to get subbed mid game so probably still a better bet than Moore.

I know many are anti Wilson and these words may come back to haunt in a few hours but I don’t think he is the worst replacement, we have had far worse in the past and should be capable for today. I do believe Collins is better but if slightly injured, needs to be benched, will be on his mind when diving, catching etc

skyblue_55

Wow …… too many changes for me , when you look at a poor Stoke team & the great possibility of 3 points …..z well I hope I’m wrong at 4.45pm

HadjiChippo

Big boost having Callum back, expect another back and forth game with us just having a little more quality going forward.

shepardo01

Better than i thought it would be

However, Wilson? Why?
Starting Tavares when he hasn't used him to chase/change/impact a game up to now is a weird one!
Wilson too.... Any rumours of more widespread illness than Saka?? Only thing I can think justifies a start for Wilson/Tav... and Kitching out!??

Mucca Mad Boys

But if the right players aren’t available at the right price, you either overpay for a short term fix , or wait and build for the future. Big money doesn’t always mean big returns.
Stoke would know - they spent £60m the year they came down to the Championship. They’re now fighting for survival.

I got a brief history of the club this morning and another fan looking at us as a Premiership club to be from the outside.

David O'Day

Starting Tavares when he hasn't used him to chase/change/impact a game up to now is a weird one!
Wilson too.... Any rumours of more widespread illness than Saka?? Only thing I can think justifies a start for Wilson/Tab/ and Kitching out!??
Not really, it was this or play godden and move simms to the right

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

StrettoBoy

I think Wilson for Collins is the only real surprise. Wilson at his best is a good goalkeeper and it does no harm to have some competition to keep Collins on his toes.

Lots on here have suggested that MVE and Tats should be rested and have called for Tavares to be given a game. I'm happy with the starting line up.

Terry Gibson's perm

If you play Tavares on the right you need Lati behind him as Tats covers MVE better.

Garlana86

Happy with rotation as it's necessary from time to time, just prefer if we'd save it for home games where those players that don't play as often can be gotten behind by the home crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread