SISU score an own goal (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

They hardly have the money to fight SISU, so don't be silly. They had to take it down.

I don't expect them to fight it. I don't expect them to shout this from the rooftops though.

If sisu have sent them a letter then there is nothing they can do about the trust telling the truth.

BinleyBlue

Remember that the Trust Board are all volunteers, who put their own time into this with no payment, no expenses. Do you seriously expect them to risk being sued?

And look at the impact the news of taking the article down has had. Not exactly gone quiet has it.

James Smith

Could this result in an attack on a charity, for the good of her "investors", but I'm sure its OK,

PS She is a devout christian.. I'm not sure myself what that means, can someone explain?

Sadly after this revalation I suspect that everyone will have to watch their backs - whether it's a charity set up to benefit the people of Coventry, the Trust, the council, the press, the fans etc.

Sky Blues

SISU are an absolute disgrace and most of us know that. I just hope that this latest revelation makes those that go to Sixfields to think again- it must be the first time in history that a club has threatened to sue its own fans.

It's not the first time a Coventry fan/fans have been threatened with being sued by club management. Anyone on GMK about 10 years ago will remember what I'm thinking about.

Last edited:

Tonylinc

It's at times like this that I wish that I had continued with my legal career (I "retired" in 1982 to pursue other options). I would have loved taking these bastards on and would gladly have done so fro free!

bigfatronssba

It's not the first time a Coventry fan (or fans) have been threatened with being sued by club management. Anyone on GMK about 10 years ago will remember what I'm thinking about.

From what I remember though that was for an accusation.

This is for simply putting up a link!

CJ_covblaze

It's not the first time a Coventry fan/fans have been threatened with being sued by club management. Anyone on GMK about 10 years ago will remember what I'm thinking about.

Nev Hadsley. That was shocking

skybluetony176

SISU are an absolute disgrace and most of us know that. I just hope that this latest revelation makes those that go to Sixfields to think again- it must be the first time in history that a club has threatened to sue its own fans.

andrea B would be happy if that happened. he/she would be able to park even nearer and get away even quicker.

duffer

I'd just like to be get this straight.

As I understand it the club have threatened to sue the Sky Blue Trust for linking to an article written by a widely respected journalist, published in The Guardian here:

http://www.theguardian.com/football...entry-city-owners-northampton-league-one-sisu

By doing that, they are clearly suggesting to the Trust that the writer of this article is not telling the truth. Most right thinking people would consider that suggestion discredits Mr Conn's reputation, and that of his paper. I'm not a lawyer, but this would seem to fit under the broad heading of defamation and libel:

http://www.thompsons.law.co.uk/ltext/defamation.htm

I'd ask the Trust to pass on any correspondence relating to this matter to David Conn and The Guardian directly, and if the club has evidence of any inaccuracies in Mr Conn's article to provide it forthwith or withdraw the suggestion that Mr Conn is not telling the truth.

James Smith

From what I remember though that was for an accusation.

This is for simply putting up a link!

Wasn't it for calling someone at the club a word beginning with the letter R meaning dishonest?

This is I agree totally different.

dadgad

It seems odd that Sisu can continue in this belligerent adversarial style. What do they hope to gain from this "if it moves sue it" policy. ?

AJB1983

Thing is there is nothing in the article that is arguable? He's basically stated fact of what has happened in the saga hasn't he?
So looking at it sisu don't like the truth/facts being reported by a respected publication, as they would rather have everybody believe the fisher/labovitch version of events, which themselves are open to questioning, whilst 'nasty' acl/council aren't allowed to comment.
Pots and kettles.
But remember, tim is always 'crystal clear' about everything....doesn't mean it's the truth though does it?
Labovitch used to work for Tony Blair too...make of that what you will

bigfatronssba

Labovitch used to work for Tony Blair too...make of that what you will

If tonight's interview was an example of his PR skills he clearly didn't learn much off Blair or Alistair Campbell.

James Smith

Ratlike?
Reprehensible?
Repulsive?
Reptilian?

Help me out here.....

Rearrange the following letters into a word: goreu and you've got it.

AJB1983

Acl will have been advised of this already....the sisu pr changes week by week...Ann Lucas was the brunt of it not so long ago, not the angle is 'acl are horrible tenants, unprofessional at running the stadium and they bled club dry'...currently this is all fisher and labovitch are pushing.
It's pure spin and propaganda designed to try and gets fans on their side.
Please see through it...

dancers lance

Could this result in an attack on a charity, for the good of her "investors", but I'm sure its OK,

PS She is a devout christian.. I'm not sure myself what that means, can someone explain?

Well then, that explains a lot, if she believes in fairy tales that allow you to do bad things just as long as you say sorry later........... she is knocking herself out.

sky blue john

Didn't TF mention last night that he was meeting the person who will oversee the new stadium and mentioned he was a lawyer by profession !!!
How many lawyers does Sisu need ?

AJB1983

No doubt this stadium group will be made up of some of fishers bum chums off the SCG.....
A lawyer with good links to community but also effectively on sisu's side for moving club out of the community? Mmm...

Spionkop

Not read all the posts here - so apologies if I'm repeating things.
For those that haven't looked on the Sky Blue Trust site, here's their brief statement about the Guardian article and Sisu taking CCFC to the abyss.

"We have removed the link we posted to The Guardian's article on the Club of 2nd December. This is because we received a letter from the Club's lawyers informing us that if we did not do so and the Club takes legal action against The Guardian, the Club would take legal action against the Trust too."

Nick

Administrator
Was it anything to do with the email they sent out about it? Have they posted the letter up?

Users who are viewing this thread