Sisu pr (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Whilst I'll concede that they might have done that for the first match at the Ricoh do you have anything to prove that they're still doing that? Or is this the same as when we were in Northampton and Tim was accused of giving them away and there was no evidence of this (to my knowledge) found.

All I know is my personal experience, that free tickets have found their way to 80yo ladies in Warwick.

I don't know how, or why... but it's a slightly surprising thing to happen IMNSHO! Probably isolated instances rather than a trend, I have no way of proving they've reached any further than my little pocket so can't speak wider than a small personal testimony but... not entirely sure they're the desired target market!

chiefdave

All I know is my personal experience, that free tickets have found their way to 80yo ladies in Warwick.

I live in Pompey and have been offered tickets to several games via companies I work with, none of whom are Midlands based. Admittedly they have offered them to me as they've made the Coventry connection but it still shows that tickets are floating around far and wide.

My Dad, who is retired and knows no one involved in rugby and also has no interest in it has also been offered tickets for games.

Of course we can't put a number or % per game on it but it would seem just from experiences of people on here there are a lot of free tickets and for pretty much every game, Leicester being the exception.

Grendel

I live in Pompey and have been offered tickets to several games via companies I work with, none of whom are Midlands based. Admittedly they have offered them to me as they've made the Coventry connection but it still shows that tickets are floating around far and wide.

My Dad, who is retired and knows no one involved in rugby and also has no interest in it has also been offered tickets for games.

Of course we can't put a number or % per game on it but it would seem just from experiences of people on here there are a lot of free tickets and for pretty much every game, Leicester being the exception.

Well it must be by the figures. a 50% increase in revenue given all the extra crowds, our rent, exhibition hall etc. is pathetic.

They stated a target of 700% increase when the purchased -- I am amazed Simon didn't mention that in his tribute (sorry news item) to Wasps

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Well it must be by the figures. a 50% increase in revenue given all the extra crowds, our rent, exhibition hall etc. is pathetic.

They stated a target of 700% increase when the purchased -- I am amazed Simon didn't mention that in his tribute (sorry news item) to Wasps

All depends if the revenue increase is based on figures from the start of the season compared to figures from comparable period to last season.

Nick

Administrator
Wasn't it turnover rather than profit? Surely I could turn over loads selling tenners for a fiver each?

duffer

As for Wasps paying off the loan in full, that's good news for the taxpayer I'd say - as long as the council aren't loaning them the money to do it. ;)

I wonder if this means that there is some nervousness from CCC/Wasps about the next proposed JR by SISU. It's academic if the loan is paid off, I'd guess.

shmmeee

This sour grapes about Wasps is getting pretty sad. Like obsessively checking your exs Facebook sad.

SkyBlue_Bear83

This sour grapes about Wasps is getting pretty sad. Like obsessively checking your exs Facebook sad.

But which is sadder? Obsessively checking your ex facebook or cosying up to her new boyfriend and becoming his bitch as people are doing and want the club to do?

(if you think of the Ricoh as the ex and the Wasps as the new boyfriend :p)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

True, I'd have no problem if that agenda was pro CCFC

I think the majority of people on here are pro CCFC,yes there are probably some who are plants I've no doubt,then again there are some cabbages like RFC. The problem is that the majority are divided in how they show this. The majority me included have allowed this to happen it was a gradual process now if we could go back 18 or 24 months in hindsight it would be so different now. If we could have seen what was going to happen we could have harnessed the anger that was prevelant at the time and gone after all parties concerned. But we didn't we fragmented we allowed the various parties to lie and manipulate us,and now people are entrenched. The anger has gone and now we have a period of resignation,we are accepting our fate and a lot have decided they have had enough and a lot of these were regulars and make no mistake apart from certain games they wont be back.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think the majority of people on here are pro CCFC,yes there are probably some who are plants I've no doubt,then again there are some cabbages like RFC. The problem is that the majority are divided in how they show this. The majority me included have allowed this to happen it was a gradual process now if we could go back 18 or 24 months in hindsight it would be so different now. If we could have seen what was going to happen we could have harnessed the anger that was prevelant at the time and gone after all parties concerned. But we didn't we fragmented we allowed the various parties to lie and manipulate us,and now people are entrenched. The anger has gone and now we have a period of resignation,we are accepting our fate and a lot have decided they have had enough and a lot of these were regulars and make no mistake apart from certain games they wont be back.

Maybe its just a few shouting the loudest and most frequently but I get the idea many still don't realise what is/has happened.

skybluetony176

If you're openly anti SISU like me you're apparently "anti club" in some poster's eye's. The same people of this opinion are also usually the one's claiming to be pro club not pro SISU. Can't see the real difference myself.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

If you're openly anti SISU like me you're apparently "anti club" in some poster's eye's. The same people of this opinion are also usually the one's claiming to be pro club not pro SISU. Can't see the real difference myself.

I'm openly anti SISU and also openly pro club.

Can't see the difference in what?

skybluetony176

I'm openly anti SISU and also openly pro club.

Can't see the difference in what?

Same here. But when certain posters tend to lose an argument it's a cheap shot to say "why do you hate the club" when in fact I just hate SISU. So when they say they're pro club not pro SISU well that's exactly how I feel. So unless they "hate" the club too they're obviously talking bollocks.

James Smith

Well, given they have publicly declared a 50% revenue increase and crowds are 400% up its believable isn't it?

Other than the last game tickets have been available from many sources as well as the BOGOF offers. Free tickets to sports clubs, schools and businesses have been common place.

Well if it's true then we'll hopefully see the Ricoh back on the market if they can't get enough paying supporters.

Grendel

Well if it's true then we'll hopefully see the Ricoh back on the market if they can't get enough paying supporters.

Not likely either. They can just use the asset to pile up debt. That's hedge funds for you.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Same here. But when certain posters tend to lose an argument it's a cheap shot to say "why do you hate the club" when in fact I just hate SISU. So when they say they're pro club not pro SISU well that's exactly how I feel. So unless they "hate" the club too they're obviously talking bollocks.
I'm not bothered if people want to criticise the owners and the direction they have taken/taking us, usually they are right and I will agree. It just pisses me off when that spills over and people have be negative about everything related to the club.

Example, I posted a thread a few weeks back highlighting some good charity work by the club. Basically some people weren't interested in trying to find/say anything positive about the club and told me that this sort of stuff should be like hygiene as washing your face, then the usual people who I would say are pro Wasps/ACL started going on about how shit the club is at interacting with the community and then when people posted about all the good work SBITC have done it was just ignored or dismissed.

The thread/story had nothing to do with SISU, yet people just twisted around what was a positive story into another stick to hit the club with.

Yes we hate SISU but some don't want to give the club credit for anything, not even the tiniest thing and have absolutely no intention of saying anything positive about the club, ever.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Wonder if there will be any credit for the sbitc stuff at half time with walking football and the old / disabled people

SkyBlue_Bear83

Wonder if there will be any credit for the sbitc stuff at half time with walking football and the old / disabled people
Its the same for kids for a quid and free for JSB U12, people should be saying credit to the club on such a fantastic offer I wish the club would advertise it more, I need to help spread the word.

Yet we just get moaning and nit picking at it and a lot of negativity towards what is a great offer, and the the people would rather moan that they had £10 for there junior ticket and took the moral stance and refused to pay it and how disgusting it is the club charge this and then go quiet when the JSB is mentioned.

torchomatic

Yeah that's when shmmeee said Wasps had done more in the community that City! And Bigfatronssba was agreeing. That's th i8nd of unbelievable rubbish that gets to me.

I'm not bothered if people want to criticise the owners and the direction they have taken/taking us, usually they are right and I will agree. It just pisses me off when that spills over and people have be negative about everything related to the club.

Example, I posted a thread a few weeks back highlighting some good charity work by the club. Basically some people weren't interested in trying to find/say anything positive about the club and told me that this sort of stuff should be like hygiene as washing your face, then the usual people who I would say are pro Wasps/ACL started going on about how shit the club is at interacting with the community and then when people posted about all the good work SBITC have done it was just ignored or dismissed.

The thread/story had nothing to do with SISU, yet people just twisted around what was a positive story into another stick to hit the club with.

Yes we hate SISU but some don't want to give the club credit for anything, not even the tiniest thing and have absolutely no intention of saying anything positive about the club, ever.

duffer

Naah, what's sad is pretending that Wasps isn't a franchise to justify getting one over on SISU. And then some even advocating that we sell the club to them because somehow Wasps have become model owners and champions of the city of Coventry at home and abroad.

Or is that just embarassing, I'm not quite sure. It makes me sad though, that's for sure...

Nick

Administrator
Another wasps exclusive article....

Not a franchise apparently, cov rfc attendances up because of wasps.

martcov

Its the same for kids for a quid and free for JSB U12, people should be saying credit to the club on such a fantastic offer I wish the club would advertise it more, I need to help spread the word.

Yet we just get moaning and nit picking at it and a lot of negativity towards what is a great offer, and the the people would rather moan that they had £10 for there junior ticket and took the moral stance and refused to pay it and how disgusting it is the club charge this and then go quiet when the JSB is mentioned.

I took advantage of the kids for a quid - think it is great. The price for adults on match day is a bit steep for league one - but the stadium is good ( far better than the third division stadium where I live in Kiel ), I had a good view of the game and apart from them selling out of hotdogs just before the second half, there were ample food and drink stands. I have no moral stance and understand that, if we want to keep someone like T.M. and offer him a sensible budget, then we need all the revenue we can get from ticket sales.

my gripe is against the confrontational policy of SISU ( even if CCC are difficult, you have to bite your lip and try and work it out ) which has led to us being day tenants whilst still annoying people with the JR - and against the talk ( hot air ) about an unlikely new stadium build.

Nick

Administrator
I took advantage of the kids for a quid - think it is great. The price for adults on match day is a bit steep for league one - but the stadium is good ( far better than the third division stadium where I live in Kiel ), I had a good view of the game and apart from them selling out of hotdogs just before the second half, there were ample food and drink stands. I have no moral stance and understand that, if we want to keep someone like T.M. and offer him a sensible budget, then we need all the revenue we can get from ticket sales.

my gripe is against the confrontational policy of SISU ( even if CCC are difficult, you have to bite your lip and try and work it out ) which has led to us being day tenants whilst still annoying people with the JR - and against the talk ( hot air ) about an unlikely new stadium build.
Aren't our prices about right for league one?

martcov

Aren't our prices about right for league one?

I can only compare with the third division here...it seems expensive ( 25 quid = 37,50 € per adult on match day ).. Maybe the prices are ok for England. Won't argue with you. Quid for a kid was good seeing as I only come home occasionally and it is therefore pointless for me to have a club membership for my kid.

Nick

Administrator
I can only compare with the third division here...it seems expensive ( 25 quid = 37,50 € per adult on match day ).. Maybe the prices are ok for England. Won't argue with you. Quid for a kid was good seeing as I only come home occasionally and it is therefore pointless for me to have a club membership for my kid.
Surely when looking at if prices are good for league one you compare them with league one prices? I think they about the same as most in league one.

Sick Boy

Surely when looking at if prices are good for league one you compare them with league one prices? I think they about the same as most in league one.

When I lived in Verona I could watch Serie A for 16€. Says it all.

SkyBlue_Bear83

They are, it's a wide problem with English football not just us. I think it was something like £26 to go watch us away at Peterborough the other week

torchomatic

As I said in another post, we went to Cheltenham a couple of months ago, L2, and it was £30 for me and the kid. Football in the UK is expensive. Not just the nasty CCFC taking advantage of its fans.

Users who are viewing this thread