Singers corner closed for Derby game! (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Turns out this incident in 2007 is the reason.

pusbccfc

Maybe one of our fans going over and sparking an away fan out and knocking him 2 rows down has something to do with it??

If he tried that at any other ground he'd have failed. Why was he allowed to do that?

I wonder if Leicester are going to block off 6 blocks of seats after Legia Warsaw fans tried getting into the home ends?

pusbccfc

I had a season ticket there at one time. Most games we told we couldn’t sit in our seats due to safety issues. Gave up in the end and moved back to the telegraph stand

It didn't help that you had to move every time an away side had a big following.

Briles

Surely keeping all the people who are there for a row in one place is more sensible than them mixing with the family folk?

chiefdave

Sounds about right, problem outside the ground so they bring in restrictions in the ground 😂

What I don't get is there's occasions where there are incidents at pretty much every other ground in the country but they don't get the OTT response we get.

pusbccfc

Sounds about right, problem outside the ground so they bring in restrictions in the ground 😂

What I don't get is there's occasions where there are incidents at pretty much every other ground in the country but they don't get the OTT response we get.

Again, spot on.

Millwall and West Brom fans clashed when a gate was knocked through. No sign of them stopping their home fans sitting next to the home fans.

Who is the current safety officer?

JAM See

No 'Pay On The Day' on a third round FA cup day is really going to hit the gate (I predict less than 8,000).

If nothing else, I hope this prompts the club to open meaningful discussions with plod.

This arrangement suits nobody.

pusbccfc

Said this before that the massive gap between home and away fans is what causes the issues, rather than solving them. You can build up a head of steam with a massive gap that you can’t with the police breathing down your neck for 90 minutes!

Another spot on post.

Marty

I had a season ticket there at one time. Most games we told we couldn’t sit in our seats due to safety issues. Gave up in the end and moved back to the telegraph stand

Us too, got a spare ticket and free pie and pint each for the trouble. I don't remember it being too busy though. Maybe a few hundred at most?

oakey

Just throwing this into the mix -
1) Car park B has been closed for last 2 fixtures. Before that they had brought in - will close one hour before KO rule.
This rule not in place when I paid £200 for season pass for car park B.
2) No option but car park A , since I bring a disabled family member.
3) Arrived a full hour before KO and only just got last disabled bay last time. Previously had to move others with stewards help to get wheelchair bit done. Also full hour before KO
4) Had full hour wait to leave at the end, both times, as away coaches were given priority.
5) Please note that is 4 hours outside in winter for a wheelchair bound person who is not in the best of health.

The fans are not really being well served at the moment.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Said this before that the massive gap between home and away fans is what causes the issues, rather than solving them. You can build up a head of steam with a massive gap that you can’t with the police breathing down your neck for 90 minutes!

Very well said. On Saturday we went next to the home fans, right down the middle of the stand as these were the only spare seats by the time we got in.

It was just out of reach of touching distance with a bit of perspex and stewards down the middle. We didn’t get any bother off the home fans beyond the usual chanting etc and what a surprise the junior SIB weren’t interested in sitting right next to the opposition. Copper had a couple of words when a few of our fans got a bit arsey late in the game but that was about it. Even seen one of our fans shaking hands across the perspex with a Hudds fan after the game.

Surely this is a better approach than having 2 blocks netted off, people focusing on the away fans (because they’re a safe distance away) and kids running across the blocks when we score?

SkyBlueScottie

I was going to ask this question, as I genuinely think fans are better behaved the closer they are, but, a big divide and people generally taunt the oppsotiotion more leading to outbreaks like we saw at Derby.

SkyBlueScottie

Just throwing this into the mix -
1) Car park B has been closed for last 2 fixtures. Before that they had brought in - will close one hour before KO rule.
This rule not in place when I paid £200 for season pass for car park B.
2) No option but car park A , since I bring a disabled family member.
3) Arrived a full hour before KO and only just got last disabled bay last time. Previously had to move others with stewards help to get wheelchair bit done. Also full hour before KO
4) Had full hour wait to leave at the end, both times, as away coaches were given priority.
5) Please note that is 4 hours outside in winter for a wheelchair bound person who is not in the best of health.

The fans are not really being well served at the moment.
That needs to be raised to the club.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

The problem with the guy who managed to make the long arduous trip across to the Derby fans is how he was allowed to do so with ease. The fix clearly isn't to close off more stands, but to put Adi Viveash in charge of training the stewards

You’d get a palm strike for sitting in the wrong seat!!

Users who are viewing this thread