Singers corner closed for Derby game! (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Over the top response to say the least. All things like this does is whip the supporters up into a frenzy increasing the chance of trouble.

Just put proper crowd management in place that happens at every single other ground in the county.

SkyBlueScottie

I would imagine it's more to do with the fact we can't restrict the number of Derby fans attending so to provide a gap and possibly segregation downstairs we need to close the corner.

David O'Day

I would imagine it's more to do with the fact we can't restrict the number of Derby fans attending so to provide a gap and possibly segregation downstairs we need to close the corner.

The club says it's a consequence of the league game though

If I can't sit in my ow seat then no chance

Liquid Gold

FA cup rules say away fans should be allowed up to 10%. That would be less than they bought in the league game so I could have kept my seat and beet further away from them.

I was undecided about coming but this has made my mind up, if they are going to tread me like a prick then they can fuck off.

theferret

FA cup rules say away fans should be allowed up to 10%. That would be less than they bought in the league game so I could have kept my seat and beet further away from them.

I was undecided about coming but this has made my mind up, if they are going to tread me like a prick then they can fuck off.

15% actually. Either way, Derby won't be bringing much to this game in any case.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Over the top response to say the least. All things like this does is whip the supporters up into a frenzy increasing the chance of trouble.

Just put proper crowd management in place that happens at every single other ground in the county.

It’s becoming a joke. Huddersfield Saturday there was about 3 foot with a waist height bit of perspex and row of stewards between us and the home fans.
Since we played Derby there’s been more netting and no repeats.

Why does the Ricoh need 3 blocks empty? It will end up killing the great atmosphere the corner is generating.

Can see this being a 8K crowd, unappealing fixture, another lunch time kick off, £20 tickets, no pay on the gate and no corner to get the noise going.

Grendel

It’s becoming a joke. Huddersfield Saturday there was about 3 foot with a waist height bit of perspex and row of stewards between us and the home fans.

Why does the Ricoh need 3 blocks empty? It will end up killing the great atmosphere the corner is generating.

Can see this being a 8K crowd, unappealing fixture, another lunch time kick off, £20 tickets, no pay on the gate and no corner to get the noise going.

Is it lunch time? Why no pay at the gate?

Tommo1993

When we were getting the Cardiff tickets earlier my old man mentioned Derby tickets. Just sort of shrugged. I can remember the same level of interest I had for when we played Arlesey Town that time

clint van damme

Well that's mademy mind up on whether to go or not. Going to sack it off.
Total over reaction, absolute nonsense.

Blind-Faith

It’s almost like someone has thought , how could we make this tie anymore boring and unattractive than it already is for an FA cup game??? Oh hang on a minute , let’s give this a go 😂

pusbccfc

It's an absolute embarrassment for WMP.

Look at Huddersfield Saturday. A line of police and a bit of tape. No bother.

Whereas at the Ricoh you need 6 blocks, a 3 metre fence at a ground in the middle of nowhere.

Pathetic.

Marty

That's me decided, If I can't be in my season ticket spot, I ain't going.

Could this actually be a thing from next season? only sell upto 16, and keep 15-13 closed to home fans.

chiefdave

It's an absolute embarrassment for WMP.
The club really need to be pushing back against this and demanding some explanation. If necessary have a word with the local media and get them to run pieces embarrassing whoever is making these desicons.

Hopefully there will come a point when we can sell out the stadium and if we can't use thousands of seats every week because those in charge of crowd management are incompetent that's a decent chunk of revenue lost. Need to act before this becomes the norm, before you know it we won't be allowed to sell season tickets there or something equally stupid.

pusbccfc

The club really need to be pushing back against this and demanding some explanation. If necessary have a word with the local media and get them to run pieces embarrassing whoever is making these desicons.

Hopefully there will come a point when we can sell out the stadium and if we can't use thousands of seats every week because those in charge of crowd management are incompetent that's a decent chunk of revenue lost. Need to act before this becomes the norm, before you know it we won't be allowed to sell season tickets there or something equally stupid.

Agreed.

They need to question why at other West Midlands games, including West Brom, fans are separated by a line of police.

Londonccfcfan

This will probably be half the crowd of the league game.

pricing is ridiculous. would have considered it if it was priced right. Especially after 2 back to back home game which will be the priority for non season ticket holders.

JAM See

My seat is in Block 15. I saw this morning that it was unavailable.

Was a bit pissed off but thought I'd just pay on the day and sit down the other end, maybe take the missus.

Doubt I'll bother now. That's forty quid, plus a couple of pints that aren't going to the club.

Makes no sense.

Brighton Sky Blue

Mrs BSB still very keen to go despite knowing there’s basically no redeeming features to the game. £40 it is, at least we’ll have the ground to ourselves

JAM See

I think I'm more pissed off about this than the Bournemouth debacle.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It is no coincidence that when the opportunity to kick off is taken away you start to complain!

wingy

Absolutely, just bending all the time.
Get it in print as well,embarass the f***"*rs.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I can actually see that happening and it will kill any atmosphere.

The safety officer and SCG are fucking morons.

I definitely can see it, they shut Block 13 and 14 in the late 00s. Worrying as there’s more chance of Bright getting out of bed on a Monday morning than any atmosphere being made in the Telegraph stand.

To me the segregation since Derby has been overkill as it is. Some common sense is needed. Don’t understand why the CBS is treated so differently to any other ground.

Sick Boy

Was there a particular incident that happened that led to massive gap between home and away fans?

pusbccfc

Yep, they closed 13/14 in the late 00s and it, for a short while, spoilt the atmosphere which was growing at the time.

I can see it coming if I'm honest. While our crowds are still only 20k, to them they will probably see it as being common sense to move everyone around.

It would ruin the atmosphere. What makes the corner so good is being next to away fans.

pusbccfc

Was there a particular incident that happened that led to massive gap between home and away fans?

Only thing I can ever think of was the Chelsea game where there was a tiny bit of bother. By that, I mean bottle throwing.

Let's not forget, in the first season at the Ricoh, they were trying to promote sitting behind the goal next to away fans as the new 'West Terrace'.

pusbccfc

I definitely can see it, they shut Block 13 and 14 in the late 00s. Worrying as there’s more chance of Bright getting out of bed on a Monday morning than any atmosphere being made in the Telegraph stand.

To me the segregation since Derby has been overkill as it is. Some common sense is needed. Don’t understand why the CBS is treated so differently to any other ground.

Could it be that the club aren't spending enough on good stewards? Or the stadium safety officer is not good at their job?

Blind-Faith

Maybe one of our fans going over and sparking an away fan out and knocking him 2 rows down has something to do with it??

OldBedrocker

Only thing I can ever think of was the Chelsea game where there was a tiny bit of bother. By that, I mean bottle throwing.

Let's not forget, in the first season at the Ricoh, they were trying to promote sitting behind the goal next to away fans as the new 'West Terrace'.
I had a season ticket there at one time. Most games we told we couldn’t sit in our seats due to safety issues. Gave up in the end and moved back to the telegraph stand

Users who are viewing this thread