SIGNED!!!! - Tatsuhiro Sakamoto (2 Viewers)

slowpoke

You can only look at these clips and think wow what have we got here, skill, pace and a wand of a left foot, of course the hurly burly of the championship is the acid test but looking at these clips this fella won’t be looking at being a bench warmer going to give MR some interesting problems.
Along with the Koreans Japanese players are starting to emerge as top talents, Chinese will be the same, this acquisition and more to come is making the wait for the big kick-off a test of my patience

Last edited:

Finham

Looks exactly like him

Hmm does this mean he can speak English already? That would be a huge bonus-and possibly a reason we wanted him so much as it will make a hell of a difference settling in.

Also, he likes being called "Tatsu" or "Saka", useful to know when building songs!

slowpoke

Hmm does this mean he can speak English already? That would be a huge bonus-and possibly a reason we wanted him so much as it will make a hell of a difference settling in.

Also, he likes being called "Tatsu" or "Saka", useful to know when building songs!
You will find English very much a second language in the Japanese culture, big American influence in their way of life over there.

slowpoke

Hamer’s replacement?? (Puts tin hat on and retreats)
Why would he now leave ? He can see players, good players being signed, he likes it here, so unless there is serious interest from the PL or top end European clubs sure he will sign up and stay.

It is dragging on a bit I know but he has travelled to Portugal despite an on going ankle issue so for me the signs look good.

CDK

He's with the squad in Portugal already so this must've been worked on for a while , another one that no one knew anything about
Absolutely love the way we're doing our business
Will be interesting to see the Portugal photos.

Robccfc87

He's with the squad in Portugal already so this must've been worked on for a while , another one that no one knew anything about
Absolutely love the way we're doing our business
Absolutely, for those who jump to conclusions and whinge when they haven’t had a personal phone call from the club secretary on the exact hour to hour movements on targets, incomings and outgoings, this is what goes on behind the scenes, we’ll know when we need to!!

torchomatic

One for older readers:

He's got them turning up and turning down, turning in and turning round

Sakamoto's Japanese, Sakamoto's Japanese
I really think so
Sakamoto's Japanese, Sakamoto's Japanese
I really think so

Last edited:

PVA

Some of the defending in those compilation videos is very poor, but he looks to have really good technique and an eye for goal.

I think he'll play in the AM role.

djr8369

So so glad we are getting another CAM. Palmer, this geeza and Ohare competing for 2 spots (when Ohare is back) and we don't have to watch Allen try and play that role painfully

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Is he not more of a winger and wing back?

robbiekeane

to tune of wake me up before you go go

You better wake up, cause Sakamoto,
Will have you on toast even going solo,
You better wake up, cause Sakamoto,
Will keep the city flying highhh

skyblu3sk

Doesn't appear to have played in the middle much looking at that reel. Makes me wonder if we are changing shape/want options as he looks an all out winger to me.

PVA

Doesn't appear to have played in the middle much looking at that reel. Makes me wonder if we are changing shape/want options as he looks an all out winger to me.

He has played centrally in his career.

My guess is he'd be AM and if we play the box formation he'd play on the right of the two and drift out wide

AFCCOVENTRY

Speaks English and already had a season in Europe to adjust to a more physical league than J-League. He stats in his overall play has also improved and won player of the season.

Very impressive and a smart coup by us.

San Francisco

I was hoping the ‘honest guv’ would drive home that I was talking the piss out of the suggestion that someone would suddenly turn up because someone else from their general area in the world signed for a team.

It’s patronising as fuck. Was there an extra load of season tickets sold from Coundon when Michael Doyle re-signed a few years back?

Agreed. Some real deluded comments here thinking Japanese people are going to come out in droves to watch CCFC because we signed a guy who only played two international fixtures for them.

sylus

Looks great at going forward and attacking but what about his defensive qualities i fear

skyblu3sk

He has played centrally in his career.

My guess is he'd be AM and if we play the box formation he'd play on the right of the two and drift out wide
Only played centrally twice in the last 3 seasons mostly played left back by the looks hasn't he? Looks like he can play a number of positions though.

PVA

Only played centrally twice in the last 3 seasons mostly played left back by the looks hasn't he? Looks like he can play a number of positions though.

I make it 8 times in the last 2 seasons centrally, according to Transfermarkt.

But yes mostly on the flanks.

Looks quite versatile

skyblueelephant76

Looks quite versatile
There is an article below about his rise in Japan. He started out playing in the two behind the striker.

Sounds a bit like the Hamer deal, he had been playing RWB before we signed him

Perryccfc

Brilliant and reassuring that our European scouting didn’t die with Badlans exit. Unless this is one from Badlans database.

skyblu3sk

Looks quite versatile
Getting different results from different sites. Suggests twice according to who scored so its a mystery 🤣.

Users who are viewing this thread