Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Friday 26th Jan (2 Viewers)

Old Warwickshire lad

Is it easy enough parking at Meadow Hall. Will it be easy to get back there after the game ? Thanks in advance.

Travs

Is it easy enough parking at Meadow Hall. Will it be easy to get back there after the game ? Thanks in advance.

We usually park at Meadowhall..... although i haven't been for a while, i think its two trams..... one back to centre, then another out to Meadowhall

SkyBlueSoul

Any good suggestions on parking for Friday from those who went last week?

Not been on match day but there is park & ride at Middlewood. Get the tram a couple of stops - don't be tempted to walk as may get ticketed.
We got the park and ride on Saturday, decent option. Depends if you get there early enough to get a spot, we got there about 3 hours before kick off. Took a while getting out afterwards but it's light controlled so wasn't too bad once you're on the road.

hamertime

A lot of people were saying fans were just buying tickets for the points for this. From what i can see there are loads of people asking for tickets. Should be a great day out again Friday, hopefully we can see some of Torp.

mark82

We got the park and ride on Saturday, decent option. Depends if you get there early enough to get a spot, we got there about 3 hours before kick off. Took a while getting out afterwards but it's light controlled so wasn't too bad once you're on the road.
You can go to Meadowhall P&R too which is close to M1 but quite a long trip on the tram.

Langers70

Ive got the feeling we absolutely hammer these on Friday.Would love Kasey to score a hat-trick and stick it right up em.

Londonccfcfan

A bit left field.

But there's a few like Saka who needs a rest Saturday wasn't his best game. Seems tired.

What's the chances Robins gos back to 5 at the back?

Wilson

Eccles RWB
Kitching
Mcfadz
Binks
Da Silva LWB

Sheaf
Allen

Simms
Godden

Rest :Ohare/Palmer/Thomas/Saka/Bidwell

McLovin87

Just worked out a way how to watch the game for free on Friday night, it's on Paramount Plus Australia.

1. Set your VPN to Australia on your firestick ( I'm using Surfshark: Adelaide, Australia)
2. Download Paramount Plus App on Firestick.
3. They're offering a Free 7 Day trial - I've just created a Gmail address to register a new account.
4. Make sure you turn off the Auto Renewal - this will be in your Amazon Account subscriptions.
5. Choose sports in the App menu and the games are at the top - the City game is ready to go on Friday night when you scroll right.

SkyBlueSoul

A bit left field.

But there's a few like Saka who needs a rest Saturday wasn't his best game. Seems tired.

Wilson

Eccles RWB
Kitching
Mcfadz
Binks
Da Silva LWB

Sheaf
Allen

Simms
Godden

I know they're shit but only playing with 10 would be very left field

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Had a read of this to see the palmer incident video. Read the 3 pages, this comment lol

"Coventry falling out with us and trying to create a rivalry is like Rotherham having beef with Real Madrid"

Hoping we give the championship real Madrid a 3rd spanking this friday,
He's clearly got us down as Real Madrid. There's nowt like dissing your own club.

SBT

Udinese have also been ordered to play a game behind closed doors, but doesn’t seem like there’s been any punishment for anyone at all in relation to the incident at our game. Oh well.

Marty

Put the bit part players and kids in for this one, I've got no interest in progressing and we should concentrate on the league imo. Can't let ourselves be distracted by a competition we won't win.

curly_tom

We won’t win the league either
This is what I've been thinking. Realistically we have a slim chance of promotion with the strength of the 4 teams at the top. I don't think it's impossible but I'm not sure that 1 or 2 more games in the cup will derail our push for playoffs. I think that geberally speaking a good cup run is galvanising for a team and fun for the fans. I've never understood the concept of resting players for the FA Cup. Full strength team please MR

slowpoke

This is what I've been thinking. Realistically we have a slim chance of promotion with the strength of the 4 teams at the top. I don't think it's impossible but I'm not sure that 1 or 2 more games in the cup will derail our push for playoffs. I think that geberally speaking a good cup run is galvanising for a team and fun for the fans. I've never understood the concept of resting players for the FA Cup. Full strength team please MR
Have you watched any of the top four lately ?

Sky Blue Pete

We have an excellent chance of getting in the play offs and staying in the top 6. I’d rather build a decent cushion of points between us and 7th place than hope we can somehow make it to the quarters of the cup. The cup is dominated by the big clubs anyway because they have the squads to negotiate the early rounds. I’d love a cup run but realistically I’d prefer a top 6 finish over the quarters of the cup. Think most fans would
We don’t have to choose

Brighton Sky Blue

No, but the cup has lost its lustre over the past 20 years, mainly due to teams playing their reserve teams. Taking Southampton to extra time and losing 2-1 didn’t do much for our league form after that a few years back. We gave everything that day and still lost. Top 6 over the cup anyday
They aren’t mutually exclusive

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

A bit left field.

Wilson

Eccles RWB
Kitching
Mcfadz
Binks
Da Silva LWB

Sheaf
Allen

Simms
Godden

being that confident to only play 10 men - I like it 👍🏼

SkyblueTexan

I think we have a big enough squad to be able to rest players, use subs liberally and still put out a competitive team to beat Sheff Wed.

Users who are viewing this thread