Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Friday 26th Jan (2 Viewers)

Gynnsthetonic

I was at the game and have just watched the highlights from last night, I was right behind the goal and still cannot understand what Simms was trying to do at the start of the second half, he had a clear sight of goal or a straight run in but decided to go sideways and played it so a defender was in front of him. Strange thing to do. Good lay off for Allen at the end who should of buried it in the corner but hit straight at the goalie. Oh well still on the hat for tomorrow

fernandopartridge

I was at the game and have just watched the highlights from last night, I was right behind the goal and still cannot understand what Simms was trying to do at the start of the second half, he had a clear sight of goal or a straight run in but decided to go sideways and played it so a defender was in front of him. Strange thing to do. Good lay off for Allen at the end who should of buried it in the corner but hit straight at the goalie. Oh well still on the hat for tomorrow
That's just a chronic lack of confidence imo

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Astute

You said I made a comment about Jamie Allen. I didn't. You also said that I only looked at the league table, which wasn't true either. I made my own judgments on them not being a very good side on a variety of metrics which aren't only confined to looking at the league table. Your 'counter-stats' don't really do anything to validate that we should be happy with a draw there, they just point out that they are even worse away from home, but have gotten a few more results in recent times than they did at the beginning of the season.

They are a poor team regardless, and they only got a draw yesterday because we were our own worst enemy. I don't see how either of those assessments are wrong. I know you are absolutely itching for an argument regardless of context, and you keep replying without really reading what I've said, but let's leave it at that. The rest of the forum must be having a headache.
Me after an argument?

You're ignoring one of the best if not the best form sides at home. I'm leaving it here. Not wasting any more time with you on stating facts you're trying your best to ignore.

HerneBayGaz

So you're prioritising the FA cup as our main objective this season?
Even stranger.
You go out to with intent to win every game. I take it you didn't realise Doug King wanted a cup run if possible. Yes, priority is the league. But Robins put a team out to win the game not to LOSE it. If that was the case he would have put the fringe players in.

Astute

We will probably get Maidstone away next round,
That would be fantastic other than the arguments that would start over do STH's have more of a right to a ticket over the occasional supporter and why do you need 20 gazillion points to get a ticket.

oscillatewildly

What's a flex?
Bending the knee I think
You go out to with intent to win every game. I take it you didn't realise Doug King wanted a cup run if possible. Yes, priority is the league. But Robins put a team out to win the game not to LOSE it. If that was the case he would have put the fringe players in.
I didn't say there was intention to lose but given the potential repercussions a replay could throw up, the better option from a drawing position (other than obviously winning!) would have been defeat.
The draw was the bum hand given what I would imagine would be Doug's favoured finale.

Balli001

That would be fantastic other than the arguments that would start over do STH's have more of a right to a ticket over the occasional supporter and why do you need 20 gazillion points to get a ticket.
Especially as they don't have a designated away section too

HerneBayGaz

Bending the knee I think

I didn't say there was intention to lose but given the potential repercussions a replay could throw up, the better option from a drawing position (other than obviously winning!) would have been defeat.
The draw was the bum hand given what I would imagine would be Doug's favoured finale.

Bending the knee I think

I quote. I said, drawing the game was better then losing, you quoted NO, I rest my case..

letsallsingtogether

You’re joking and you know you are. The Hillsborough pitch was shite last weekend and a little worse last night. Absolutely nowhere near the worst condition our pitch was in though.
No I'm not joking and anyway you get used to what you play on so should use it to thore advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread