Match Thread Rotherham United FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 25th Oct (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Rotherham United FC - Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Skyblue_CP

Lati has to come into midfield for Eccles imo. Give Sheaf the freedom to get further forward, Eccles hasn’t been offering anything in recent matches.

Wilson
Thomas Fadz Binks
MVE Lat Sheaf DaSilva
Tats
Godden Simms

Grendel

Whatever happens put Eccles out of his corner taking misery or at least just play a different routine.

It’s strange we’ve signed wing backs to provide better quality delivery and yet there’s little evidence they do and they take very few corners

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s strange we’ve signed wing backs to provide better quality delivery and yet there’s little evidence they do and they take very few corners
Eccles started off taking corners that couldn’t beat the first man before trying comically lofted ones to the back post. You may as well have the shortest player on the pitch in DaSilva taking them.

SkyblueTexan

With our current form there's not many teams out there at least on paper where you'd think that we could beat them. But after yesterday's fiasco, I feel Rotherham will be fancying their chances against us. They did beat Norwich and drew with Southampton.

ProfessorbyGrace

Hopefully, Allen will be back to energise that midfield. Otherwise, I fear it’ll be more of the same.

Any idea if Marco Rus is anywhere near being ready for the first team?

Seamus1

It will probably be the same team, but Wright in for Simms as seems the usual from MR. The Simms-Wright partnership did not produce a goal between them in the one game where they have played together for any meaningful period of time, so MR will persist with Godden and then keep switching the other two for the next eight games.

Kingokings204

If we dont win this I'm calling MR under pressure from Douglas.....

come on now. No need for massive over reactions. No one is happy with losing football games but it’s clear we play good football we just can’t put the ball in the net.

13 games in is a bit strong to be calling for a head of a manager with a brand new team and lost his 2 best players.

SkyblueTexan

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

junglej13

If we lose this the knives will really be out. If we carrying on playing the same system with the same personnel I fear for us the next few weeks. Hoping Allen and O'Hare can add a different dynamic.

Saddlebrains

come on now. No need for massive over reactions. No one is happy with losing football games but it’s clear we play good football we just can’t put the ball in the net.

13 games in is a bit strong to be calling for a head of a manager with a brand new team and lost his 2 best players.

Im not calling for anyones head. And nor is anyone at the club at the moment.

But before you know it half the seasons gone and if we're pissing about in 17th after an outlay of 20 million quid (yes I know it was income) from what i know about how Doug is with the running of the club ( a lethal fucker who does it his way) I wouldn't be surprised to see him letting Robins know his displeasure

Brighton Sky Blue

But before you know it half the seasons gone and if we're pissing about in 17th after an outlay of 20 million quid (yes I know it was income) from what i know about how Doug is with the running of the club ( a lethal fucker who does it his way) I wouldn't be surprised to see him letting Robins know his displeasure
Well already we've heard

'This'll be a good team at some point, honest'
'It's a work in progress'
'Everyone's quiet'

You can't ride on those all season.

pusbccfc

2200 behind the goal backing the lads will be good.

fatso

Massive game (imo) win this one, and with key players returning, things are looking better.

Lose it, against a team near the bottom, and the negativity really starts to set in.

I'm going for a 2-0 win and Simms or Wright getting on the score sheet. And this being the start of a good run 🤞

slowpoke

Need a win. I’d change the system but Robins won’t so I’d go:

Wilson
Lats Binks Kitching
MvE Allen Sheaf Sakamoto Dasilva
Simms Wright

Time to go post Fadz, none of our strikers are scoring so may as well play the ones that cost loads.
I agree with taking Fadz out and bedding Kitching in at centre-half, personally I’d put Joel L CDM for the Rotherham game.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Discuss the Rotherham United FC - Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Heavy rain forecast for Wednesday in Rotherham, game could get called off. 🙈

Sky Blue Harry H

When Ann Proctor Brown starts liking your post, it's time to reconsider the content.

shmmeee

I agree with taking Fadz out and bedding Kitching in at centre-half, personally I’d put Joel L CDM for the Rotherham game.

I just think we become too defensive with two out and out DMs at the base. A three with Saka and Allen I’m hoping makes up for slightly less defensive solidity with energy.

CCFC54321

I'm sure conversations are being had.

The thing that is peeving people off is that if these two signings decided to contribute then we would be in a top 6 position in the table. The football isn't bad it's just we look without Godden toothless.

I'm trying not to blame individual players but i can't help it, these two signings so far as we head into late October have been absolutely dreadful.

skybluecam

I'm sure conversations are being had.

The thing that is peeving people off is that if these two signings decided to contribute then we would be in a top 6 position in the table. The football isn't bad it's just we look without Godden toothless.

I'm trying not to blame individual players but i can't help it, these two signings so far as we head into late October have been absolutely dreadful.
“Decided”? Do you actually think they’ve both decided not to contribute?

“Yeah mate might just move to the championship and tank my career for the banter”

Users who are viewing this thread