Rose to Stoke (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Of course you don't, we finished 5th so it was your most miserable and disappointing season in years 😢

well that’s an odd take as I put my money where my mouth is every season unlike certain posters who talk the talk and only walk the walk when the play offs take place

“I can’t get a ticket as I’ve got no points”

Grendel

Do you think zero goals in 11 league appearances is good? You do have problems with stats.

I didn’t contribute to the discussion - all I saw was a load of posters taking the piss regarding your lack of comprehension ability

Evo1883

well that’s an odd take as I put my money where my mouth is every season unlike certain posters who talk the talk and only walk the walk when the play offs take place

“I can’t get a ticket as I’ve got no points”
Away from the usual arguments .. do we agree that rose probably was the clubs 5th best centre half from February on ... panzo took an injury after west brom we had 4 centre halves

Rose probably was always going to be a squad player even this season , we need better than rose to start

Grendel

Away from the usual arguments .. do we agree that rose probably was the clubs 5th best centre half from February on ... panzo took an injury after west brom we had 4 centre halves

Rose probably was always going to be a squad player even this season , we need better than rose to start

Well no as he was basically frozen out the squad and in a bomb squad of his own - unless there were injuries when he made a couple of appearances

Ccfcisparks

Well no as he was basically frozen out the squad and in a bomb squad of his own - unless there were injuries when he made a couple of appearances
So you think that Rose would have been ahead of Panzo, Doyle, Mcnally and Fadz in the pecking order if he were to sign a deal?

NorthernWisdom

I'd have played him ahead of Panzo.

But yeah, when McFadzean was out he didn't step up as hoped and that was his time to shine. He's the kind of player if we signed however, we'd be reasonably happy and maybe a fresh start is best for him - maybe it gives him the energy to get back to his best form.

PVA

Yes he was 5th choice on merit really. Didn't take his chance when he had it.

Given the current lack of CBs it would have been good to have him around as backup, can't blame him for wanting more game time though, just wasn't going to get it here.

Londonccfcfan

We didn't get mcnally in until before the west brom game towards the end of January, maybe that's why we turned it down
Yeah it was obvious why we didnt let him go in January. As We had Mcfadz injured/no mcNally yet. Squad was threadbare.

Londonccfcfan

Good luck to him. I thought he was ok but our worst CB so not too bothered he's gone.

But as always thanks for the memories and helping us continue to climb back as a club
Good in league 1. Thought then he would make step up easily. Way too easily bullied in the air for a championship centre back. Reminds me of A Willis. Good in league 1 , could potentially play right back and is quick. Wish him the best. Wont be missed.

procdoc

Rose was a decent centre half and squad player but think we can get better centre halves this summer. Good luck to the lad

Offhegoes

Rose was great in our L1 winning season. Quicker and technically better than most defenders in that league. However he’s not strong and aggressive enough for me. Teams like Luton targeted him, and usually got some success.

Hobo

We rejected a bid from Stoke and offered him a deal to stay
We were thin on ground at that point and we went out and brought in relatively inexperienced players who kept him out of the team. Hyam being sold and McFadz getting injured gave him two opportunities to claim the shirt. At 28 years he should have been capable of that? Offered a deal - but what was the deal we offered him?

Hobo

Wonder why? Perhaps he didn't want it enough? Even if you are not match fit you can still show desire in training and when you get the chance through injury. For me he just wasn't commanding enough. As a CB you need that.

Skybluedownunder

Weird we rejected a bid then froze him out and didn’t even put him on the bench! What a missed opportunity for funds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hertsccfc

Weird we rejected a bid then froze him out and didn’t even put him on the bench! What a missed opportunity for funds

Not weird at all. Who would you have dropped for him? Doyle, McFadzean or McNally? Do you think we needed no cover in case any if them got injured?

Reactions: PVA

Hincha

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

If we had sold Rose and then had similar injury issues at CB to the ones we had in midfield in the second half of last season everyone would've been crying and saying we were stupid to sell him.

Speedie's Head

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

If we had sold Rose and then had similar injury issues at CB to the ones we had in midfield in the second half of last season everyone would've been crying and saying we were stupid to sell him.
Yes, they didn't make that mistake thankfully. Robins was still sore about Hyam and was very mindful of the we struggled with the Fadz injury, I'm sure. He'd come on a free I think from Ayr and there was little value remaining in his contract to sell anyway.

CDK

Well not sure how in a statement 2years ago was the best defender in the club is able to walk .If he new he had offers where he is better off then fine.as it stands we would be better off right now with him .

Users who are viewing this thread