Rose to Stoke (4 Viewers)

usskyblue

Decent free squad filler for Stoke.
I hope we don't end up letting him go.
huh.gif

PVA

He was 5th choice by the end of last season and couldn't make the matchday squad.

Statistically quite poor as well.

He will benefit from a run of games, but I don't think we will miss him too much.

junglej13

After three years of being in the Championship the jury was still out on it he was good enough at this level. Think that says enough really. He never quite got over the hip injury after the League 1 title season. Had his biggest opportunity when McFadzean was injured last season after the World Cup and simply didn't take it. Stoke is a good move for him.

Grendel

I thought Rose's passing was his strength, far better than McNally's. McNally was a far better defender though.

Rose is a good player but I will be happy if we find better.

We turned down £750k - he was only 5th choice as he was left out when he refused a new contract - the club wanted him to stay

Grendel

Well he wasn't as good as fadz , Doyle or mcnally was he either

I reckon that's why he was left out

We rejected a bid from Stoke and offered him a deal to stay

Grendel

Yep, I'd imagine that's exactly why he didn't accept the deal - he wanted to be first choice and we weren't offering that.

why did we turn down £750,000?

Evo1883

We didn't get mcnally in until before the west brom game towards the end of January, maybe that's why we turned it down

Hertsccfc

We turned down £750k - he was only 5th choice as he was left out when he refused a new contract - the club wanted him to stay
Yes we wanted a squad of players. I think you're the only one who thinks he was better than McNally, McFadzean and Doyle.

Grendel

Yes that's fine , but I'd imagine as a squad player .. hence Rose now playing for a team that finished bottom half of the championship

I don’t really see last years league position as that relevant tbh

Hertsccfc

Insanity? Tbh it was probably only a third of that as fee at best, with many incentives.

Anyway, probably because we had sod all defenders! Still do, mind you...
Would have been insanity to get rid if him and leave ourselves with three fit defenders if we wanted to get into the play offs.

Reactions: SBT

Grendel

Yes we wanted a squad of players. I think you're the only one who thinks he was better than McNally, McFadzean and Doyle.

I don’t think I’ve said anything

I did see though you thought Gyokeres had a poor goal scoring record before he arrived here. That was an interesting read

Users who are viewing this thread