RIP OldSkyBlue58 (1 Viewer)

jordan210

Awful news, Enjoyed like others his insights in to more complex matters what I would have no idea about.

Condolences to his friends and family

covcity4life

I remember a guy I played 5 a side with who is an accountant mocking me for putting forward OSB thoughts. He said osb was a hack and didn't feel he should be challenged about finances and ccfc by someone like me based on info from a forum poster. Very snobby

This same guy said wasps ran a good business model and would be in cov forever and should be supported by the people of coventry.

We know how it turned out. He was the hack

W for OSB as always.

higgs

Big loss to our dysfunctional family so can't imagine how much of a loss he is to his real family. Always took the time to explain the finances to us clueless followers he appeared to be very patient aswell in his explanations. Will be sorely missed on here RIP gent hope you had a safe journey pusb

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Covkid1968#

Sad news… as an accountant who isn’t that good… it was always good to read his analysis. RIP Sir

Terry Gibson's perm

Real shame this he was always a welcome contributor and helped make sense of some of the Sisu shenanigans.

RIP

RedSalmon

So very sad to hear this news, condolences to his family. He always came across as lovely person who understood the finances of the club better than the people who owned it.
Always enjoyed his detailed posts, they were so informative and helped to explain what was happening to the club behind the scenes. I will really miss them.
RIP OSB, you will be sorely missed.

no_loyalty

I didn’t know him personally, but came across as a top bloke who certainly knew his stuff. Gone to join the Sky Blue army in heaven. R.I.P.

Skybluesince82

I haven’t been on here for a while, and the first thing I see was the passing of OldSkyBlue58. Like many on here I didn’t know him, but I used to look forward to his posts - his knowledge, insight and just his way of making things understandable.

He didn’t get drawn into arguments or squabbles, and admirably was always respectful of Wasps and their fans as well. He was the accountant we didn’t know we needed and he was also the voice of reason on here. It is genuinely clear that he was universally admired, respected and from the comments on here will be missed by all. RIP OldSkyBlue58.

CJ_covblaze

scottccfc

R.i.p OSB.
Whenever there was financial news coming out of the club your posts were the ones that I looked for to calm the muddy waters.

Paxman II

Oh no! I can't beleive it. A poster we feel we kinda knew thanks to his insight. We will miss him terrible with regard to the financials of the football club. He was always there decifering SISU's management of the club, with the explanation we all needed, and now they have finally gone, he has gone too. Oh very sad and irreplaceable to all of us on here. Condolences to his family and may he find a little Sky Blue heaven.

wantageskyblue

Condolences to his family and friends. Like so many I didn’t know Mark but his posts on the club’s finances were always informative , insightful and a bloody good read.

On a personal note I too am a qualified accountant and a lot of his posts were way over my head. He was obviously a very knowledgeable and well qualified man, whereas I just feel like an imposter.

RIP OSB58

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

What sad news, a real loss to the forum. I'd always look out for his posts around accounts being published as they made it so much easier to have a clue what might be going on at our club.

letsallsingtogether

Was told this at the weekend Mark was a great guy used to have a chat outside my house whenever he was passing.
Will be sadly missed RIP Mark.

Paul Anthony

Like many, I only knew him through his posts on here, but I always appreciated his analysis of the financials and his breaking them down, especially as I'm a bit of a simpleton where numbers are concerned. Cheers OSB, you'll be sadly missed.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Is there time to organise a minutes applause on the 58th minute at the Reading game on Saturday? Perhaps Pete could speak to a few people to get his photo on the big screen?
Nice gesture, but shouldn't it be the 64th minute?

I feel like the least we could do in his honour is get the sums right (which I nearly didn't until I saw his DoB)

I was eleven in 87

I never knew the man but whenever any ‘big’ news came out about the Sky Blues, I always looked forward to reading about his take on things.

I think 4 pages in on this forum and there has been absolutely no one with a bad word to say about him, pretty much says everything you need to know about the man.

RIP OldSkyBlue58 I miss you already!!

Users who are viewing this thread