RIP OldSkyBlue58 (3 Viewers)

1ccfc

I can't claim that I knew OSB, but this has really shocked me and I'm genuinely gutted. All my thoughts are with his family. RIP OSB.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Sadly Mark passed away on Sunday. He was a lovely, genuine guy and a true sky blue. Any tributes or comments left in here will be passed on to his family.

Oh no. RIP Mark ❣️ will be sadly missed.

MTK

That’s shocking and sad to hear. When there was ever anything financial going on, I used to look out for his post to begin to understand it. It seemed impenetrable otherwise. Thoughts are with his family. Safe home x

Finham

That's heart-beaking news. Was, as others have said, one of the good one's and really informative with his accounts posts. RIP OSB.

It’sabatch87

Always good to hear from someone with knowledge of finances as I’m more of a manual/ engineering person myself.
Thanks OSB keep the Skyblue flag flying high up there. RIP!!!

CJ_covblaze

That is a real shame. Like most always appreciated his posts about the financial shenanigans. A proper poster.

I believe he got up once and took Fisher to task at a fans forum? fair play.
hopefully there’s time to include him in the memorial thing at the reading game.
That’s right he did. Tied him up in knots. Was polite and courteous but assertive whilst doing it too. If you only knew him through here what you saw on here is exactly what he was like in person.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Wanted to wait until it had some time to settle before posting this as it only happened on Sunday. I'm not sure if it has been cleared by anyone in the family to be honest... But now it's out there it makes sense to leave a tribute. He was a really decent and knowledgeable chap. Always supportive as well, and was a positive person on the sidelines when I used to play with his son a few years ago. It's easy to say that now, but he was genuinely
a stand out voice of reason among what was often gobby and aggresive parents/supporters.

I guess now SISU have gone the accounts need a bit less scrutiny - all being well at least! (Cause most of us are clueless) - I'm very glad he was with us to see through that period, as I'm sure everyone else on here was too. The insight was invaluable.

The last time I saw him was at a party towards the end of last year and we had a good joke about CCFC and if we were going to get relegated or not... We all said we thought it was likely! Wouldn't it be sweet if we did the opposite now. Hopefully they can do it for him. We also had the odd joke about Wasps of course, which he knew I'd never let him forget about.

R.I.P Mark - You will be missed.

ccfc1234

His posts were normally detailed and always full of insights. His ability to disseminate complex financials and turn them into concise information that all fans could understand was a skill he was very well respect for. Regards to his family.

shepardo01

Wanted to wait until it had some time to settle before posting this as it only happened on Sunday. I'm not sure if it has been cleared by anyone in the family to be honest... But now it's out there it makes sense to leave a tribute. He was a really decent and knowledgeable chap. Always supportive as well, and was a positive person on the sidelines when I used to play with his son a few years ago. It's easy to say that now, but he was genuinely
a stand out voice of reason among what was often gobby and aggresive parents/supporters.

I guess now SISU have gone the accounts need a bit less scrutiny - all being well at least! (Cause most of us are clueless) - I'm very glad he was with us to see through that period, as I'm sure everyone else on here was too. The insight was invaluable.

The last time I saw him was at a party towards the end of last year and we had a good joke about CCFC and if we were going to get relegated or not... We all said we thought it was likely! Wouldn't it be sweet if we did the opposite now. Hopefully they can do it for him. We also had the odd joke about Wasps of course, which he knew I'd never let him forget about.

R.I.P Mark - You will be missed.
Lovely post ESB.

Users who are viewing this thread