Relegation Candidates (1 Viewer)

FRY-CCFC

All the fools who were saying we're going to be around the relegation zone this year. You were wrong. I was right.
762a1082cf175757b98e60499eed746e.jpg

Kingokings204

That start , nouble , allsop , mcqoid , i believe we will tie nouble up for the season , well hoping actually

And coulibaly. All 3 were 6 months loans. Not sure how useful those 3 are. Alsopp doesn't look a good goalkeeper to me well put it simpler don't see why he starts over a permanate lee burge who is our future. Burge actually commands the area for one.

Coulibaly hasn't played any league match I believe and mcquiod is ok with a few goals but wouldn't be majorly missed so yes send all 3 back and keep noble. Put burge in goal and sign some good players to see us through the season.

Ashdown

Early days I know but we looked a reasonable outfit yesterday for this level. Nice unbeaten run developing. I'd take 4 points from the next two matches and set us up for the next home game. Pressley has done well in attracting who he has to CCFC, especially under the circumstances.

skybluelee

At Shitfields I think we would have struggled. Think I predicted lower mid-table. There's a feel good factor about the place now.

Suspect being told a return to the Ricoh was likely played a part in convincing quality players like O'Brien and Jackson to sign.

Ashdown

Jackson if fit and playing will be a real threat at this level, I was impressed with his pace and link up with Nouble.

ccfcway

in all seriousness, when was the last season where we won more points after xmas than before ?

Astute

in all seriousness, when was the last season where we won more points after xmas than before ?

If the Titanic was painted sky blue it would never have gone down.

What has happened twice after hearing that for many years?

Gazolba

Didn't we do just as well at the start of last season and ended up flirting with relegation. A lot can happen between now and the end of the season. I hope we stay where we are or move up but all it takes is a few defeats or draws, then people will be saying 'six games without a win' instead of 'six games undefeated'.

Hobo

I like Pressley, he is doing well, but it is along season....let's take a few games at a time.

Astute

Didn't we do just as well at the start of last season and ended up flirting with relegation. A lot can happen between now and the end of the season. I hope we stay where we are or move up but all it takes is a few defeats or draws, then people will be saying 'six games without a win' instead of 'six games undefeated'.

Try looking at the reason.

We had two strikers scoring for fun. One got sold. One got injured. No fit strikers at the club . Defence leaking goals. Defender used up front. End of season.

Which is why many of us are worried about what happens in January.

NorthernWisdom

The squad at this stage is stronger than last season's.

Worse forwards, better defenders, jury out on midfield (depending on whether O'Brien keeps going or not v Baker and Moussa).

Youngsters a year wiser, but worse keeper.

Still not convinced we've a better squad than last season. What we haven't had however is the loss of ten points, and the shock of a move to Northampton.

stupot07

You do worry about the impact of an injury to fleck, o'brien or one of the back 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Brighton Sky Blue

Every season is a marathon not a sprint. What has stood out from the games so far though is how much more energy we seem to have going forward. Players not afraid to run at defenders, not afraid to try shots from anywhere, not afraid to press defenders. There will be setbacks to come but it's a bright start for sure.

Gint11

Game of fine margins in this league. Jim O briens effort from distance drops in rather than hits the bar making it 2-0 after half hour, we would have gone on comfortably and like the Gills game, we could and nearly did concede 1 or 2. The first 7 games have been impressive. Considering the teams we have played, only lost 1, It's a foundation. Most managers say first 10 games is the first indication but we all know CCFC are generally consistently inconsistent so we will see.

Kingokings204

7 games in. Come on let's get real. It's a decent start for sure but I look at each point as being closer to safety.

That's just me as a Coventry fan talking. Sad really.

Covstu

Lets face it, we get beat 2-3 times in the next couple of games and we will find ourselves in the wrong end of the table so i am not getting too carried away just yet. We are grinding out results which is a positive but we are heavily reliant on loanees which means our team could drastically change in 6 months time and potentially upset the momentum (or add to it who knows!).

Last season was an example of how we fizzled out from a playoff potential spot to close to relegation, unfortunately we cannot predict what the parent clubs of the loan guys will do or the further actions of SISU for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread