Reasons to be positive (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

I know I need some, I’m sure there are many and I would like to see them

Genuine ones only
I'm going to sleep like a log tonight.

As gutted as I am, the weight of all the stress, anxiety and tension of the past couple of weeks just evaporated on the way home.

Flying Fokker

We get another chance to:
Enjoy a trip to Wembley. Not many Premium clubs get that chance,

We may have the pleasure of the Ply-Offs again…Great day out. Great fans.

Greggs

wont have to sit next to loads or Man u, Chelsea and Arsenal fans at the CBS and parking prices wont double. That's about it. disembark the badwagon

cstring82

MR and AV staying on for another four years.
Some great games and football witnessed this season.
My son absolutely loving watching City this season (last was more playing on my phone) and loving his trip to Wembley and away game to QPR.
An improvement on last season place finish.
Excited that we should be seeing a number of changes in players and who is coming into the club.

djr8369

League 2 playoff was more important to win than this one as not sure we would have rised through the league's if that didn't happen that day.
Said same before the game. That was like playing for the future of the club. This was a bit of a free hit in comparison, although with a lot at stake.

For my positives though;
MR and the team find some great players and push us on, somehow.
The players we keep will have gotten some amazing experience the last few games.
The club has new ownership and MR seems very pleased with the stability that has brought and less chaos around that means he can focus on the footballing side.

djr8369

Can someone explain where this £20 million figure for solidarity payments comes from? All I see is a figure of around £5m that each club gets? From what I gather, the total revenue from the play off run would not be too significant either as 50% of it is split between the 4 clubs?
I would love to know as well. I was trying to estimate the revenue from the ‘boro home leg. I though 3/4 million in tickets, probably not a lot from beer and food as can’t imagine our cut is a lot. It will maybe be mentioned in the next set of financials but that will be sometime away.

cooperskyblue

It is still very raw. It hurts and am absolutely gutted it didn't go our way. And while right now it is hard to see, there are so many positives to take from this season. A new owner, Robins & Vivieash signing new 4yr deals, no wasps, a new stadium deal as well as a summer to build a better squad.
Yes we may sell Vik and Hamer but the spread of those funds around the squad can make us a better team with better depth.
We only have to look at last summer and the discontent with 'all the loan signings' and 'just the 1 perm signing we made' etc but look what we achieved. Robins has earnt the right for us to be positive for the future. Robins has improved us every season and he is going to have more backing so no reason to doubt we can't improve again.

Devastated at the moment. But the future is bright. PUSB

its a buzzard

Hope we don't put in as wooden a performance again as the first half yesterday.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

larry_david

It really is down to how we recruit now. In theory we should be a very attractive place for prem clubs to send us their doyles, bncs and the like.

We'd need a good loan plan, we'd need our core squad to step up and we need to replace the two big players who will leave.

It really can go either way from here.

skybluestub

It's heart breaking, it really is. The fact it went down to the wire with penalties just shows how close a game it was. Couple that with the two draws we had against them in the league, there was not much to separate us and Luton.

Positives from this season:
- Eccles has a season of experience in the Championship under his belt. He just needs a bit of muscle behind him and he will be a cracking player. We have to remember pre-January he was operating in the RWB role swapping in and out for Dabo and Kane. He's now playing in his preferred central position, and will only improve.
- 5 year agreement for the CBS, no uncertainty around where we're playing and (hopefully) no interruption to our games
- Mark and Adi committing for 4 years is huge, look at what we've achieved in the four years prior to now under less supportive ownership
- We have players with value, who we could cash in on and reinvest. I personally would love us to retain Hamer irrespective of his contract situation. He is the heartbeat of that midfield and we (albeit injury dependent) have strong foundations there with Palmer/O'Hare/Sheaf/Eccles/Allen/Howley.
- We've got a new owner who has stated the desire for us to be up there competing to return to the PL. This season was never part of that plan, it was an added bonus and hopefully (as Robin's said) this hurt can drive us on.

Probably the most important of all, the city got behind the club. The players saw and felt the support. We have a fan base who will support this team, win, lose or draw. The more we can fill the CBS and look to make it a fortress, the better.

its a buzzard

Negativity eats you up. It's amusing having people less than half your age implying you're something of a lesser fan because you weren't there, or you're not joining in the wailing and gnashing of teeth. I'm in my sixties now and it's well over fifty years since my first game. I sat on my hands in with the Crawley fans, when we were arguably at our lowest ebb, and watched a certain James Maddison come on as a sub and turn the game around completely. It's been a wonderful journey since then, and I can't be the only one genuinely excited about the summer transfer market and next season. With MR and AV still with us, we can go on to bigger and brighter things. The future is Sky Blue. Strap yourselves in!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

I never want to see us in the playoffs ever again.
I’ll take the boredom of 2nd place every time

bigfatronssba

Hopefully history will repeat itself.

In the 1965-66 season we missed out on promotion to division 1 by the narrowest of margins (just one point).
The following season we won the title.

Otis

I have confidence Robins will be able to replace Gyokeres and Hamer.

Means unearthing unknown potential gems maybe, but I trust that he and Adi Viveash can do that.

And maybe, just maybe, instead of being overly reliant on two star players, we could spread the load a little. Get quality players, albeit maybe not quite as good as the two above, but more quality in more positions.

slowpoke

Hopefully Robins will sign better players which in turn should help our better players and our squad will be stronger for the tough premier challenge, let’s be honest had we made it we would probably have needed as much as 15 better quality players to have had a chance of survival, a massive task, but not impossible none of last seasons promoted teams have been relegated have they.

Hiraeth

Our League One Champions Team never really got the stage their achievement deserved. I was happy to see some of our squad from that era get the chance to play at Wembley.

People would ask how players like Godden, Allen, Dabo, Wilson, Fadz and Kelly might cope in the Championship? Well with a number of intelligent additions they came as close as you can to getting to the Premier League without actually being promoted. I don't think many would have predicted them coming so close in advance.

We can continue to grow and build from this with four more years on Mark and Adi's contracts.

bigfatronssba

AndreasB

I’m not going to have to remortgage to renew my Club Coventry seat next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread