Realistic Expectations next season (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

We'll have our work cut out. but with another decent striker in there is no reason not to think of top 10. We will surprise a few with our style of play, and if we continue our momentum from last season then threatening the playoffs is not beyond us. Just surviving would be acceptable but disappointing if we are all honest. The potential among our ranks suggest otherwise. I want to enjoy "proper football" and look forward to the Derby's, Villa and co. If we are back at the Ricoh I fully expect a near sell out home game against the Villa with our very own O'Hare playing a starring role!

Colin Steins Smile

Staying up by whatever means would be a fantastic season. I'm slightly nervous that we will be going into next season having last played competitive match in March.

cc84cov

Championship proven players we don’t have many and we have unknown signings can Hamer fill Walsh’s boots ? That’s the big one for me Walsh will be a huge miss.

shmmeee

Anything above relegation will be party time for me. Need a few seasons to establish ourselves and get the crowds back, and who knows maybe build a stadium.

That said, if we get some of the signings we’re rumoured to be looking at plus the ones we have play like they look like they could and a few existing players step up, who knows.

I honestly just hope we don’t get battered every week. I’ll take a last minute goal to keep us up on the final day.

cc84cov

Just looked at the championship table Birmingham look like they could possibly be relegated,imagine passing them on our way up...

JulianDarbyFTW

I honestly have no idea what to expect next season. The pessimist in me says 23rd, but if we get our possession hungry game on the go, and have adequate bite in midfield, then realistically top of the bottom half isn't beyond us. And it wasn't that long ago Southampton rose through the divisions with the pretty much the same squad of players going along with them, so who really knows!

no_loyalty

I think we will do ok, especially with the system we play, I am predicting we will finish 12th.

Am I right in thinking that Kyle Mcfadzean is the only player in our squad who has regularly played in the Championship in recent years?

If so that shows how tough we may have it. Even so with Robins in charge I'm predicting a 19th place finish. Would be delighted with that.

cc84cov

Am I right in thinking that Kyle Mcfadzean is the only player in our squad who has regularly played in the Championship in recent years?

If so that shows how tough we may have it. Even so with Robins in charge I'm predicting a 19th place finish. Would be delighted with that.
Jamie Allen also at Burton

SeaSeeEffCee

I’d be happy with anything above the bottom three. If you put me on the spot right now and ask we where I think we’ll finish with the current squad I’d probably say 20th. Bring in a better striker and I think we could push for 14th-15th kind of area.

johnwillomagic

I think llke most on here staying up has to be the aim if we do that great achievement - hope our fans realise this and continue great support but this season we will probably lose more than we win and us as fans need to change our expectations and mentality accordingly.

I have a sneaky feeling we may do slightly better but to be realistic would be delighted with finishing outside of relegation and if we finish much higher than that will be a real bonus - it is undoubtedly a big step up but other clubs will be severely financially hamstrung for sure next year which helps to level the playing field a bit next season!

cc84cov

I have a feeling we will be the surprise in the division but I’ll take staying up all day,the football we play the system we use should bode well.

robbiethemole

It’s all a far cry from the days of Fisher’s “the business plan is unsustainable in the Championship”. How much have things changed since Boddy came in and Fisher went quiet,both on and off the pitch. We certainly don’t miss all the shite he used to spout.

Saddlebrains

It’s all a far cry from the days of Fisher’s “the business plan is unsustainable in the Championship”. How much have things changed since Boddy came in and Fisher went quiet,both on and off the pitch. We certainly don’t miss all the shite he used to spout.

Didnt someone on here a while back spout shit about Sisu telling Robins not to get promoted due to the 'business model'?

Laughable

Magwitch

What does fisher actually do? I’ll make peace with joy if she fucks that prat off
One of the mysteries of Coventry City, despite all that’s gone on top of the league, season shut down, eventual promotion into the championship we have heard from him once a few weeks ago when interviewed on Talksport when he sounded about as interested in ccfc as I am in avfc. Is he paid ? Is on a contract if he is be a good idea to cancel it and use the money to fund another player.

Magwitch

One of the mysteries of Coventry City, despite all that’s gone on, top of the league, season shut down, eventual promotion into the championship we have heard from him once a few weeks ago when interviewed on Talksport when he sounded about as interested in ccfc as I am in avfc. Is he paid ? Is on a contract if he is be a good idea to cancel it and use the money to fund another player.

Mucca Mad Boys

Luton had even better momentum than we have...

Genuine question: How many of their L2 players remained starters in that title-winning L1 side?

I’m under the impression the teams were not too unchanged minus a couple of key signings.

On the topic of the thread, the sole objective is to avoid relegation. With the right recruitment, there’s no reason why we cannot do that. Hopefully, there is a plan in place for the club over the next 3-5 years that takes staying up and/or relegation back to L1 into account.

Gibbo

My first thought was "We have to be able to do better than Coleman, Dowie & Thorn" so mid-table. But then thought "...but the division is much tougher now, and last years's promoted teams have struggled" So I scaled back. Then I thought "...but our strength is our back 5 - Robbins Mark 2 has been distinctly defensively minded and the flip side of that is that we have won a lot of games by the odd goal"

In the end I went back to where I started - the current management team is a strong unit, if a bit conservative. The team will be well organized at the back, although may be short of goals. That has to be good for lower mid-table. With a bit of luck we might just inch into the top half; with a bit of bad luck we could be hovering above the drop.

It is going to be a hard season compared with the last three and some players will not be up to it. The jury is still out on whether buying in Europe is the way to go. A lot is riding on Hamer for instance.

12th-14th I hope.

Sky Blue Pete

My first thought was "We have to be able to do better than Coleman, Dowie & Thorn" so mid-table. But then thought "...but the division is much tougher now, and last years's promoted teams have struggled" So I scaled back. Then I thought "...but our strength is our back 5 - Robbins Mark 2 has been distinctly defensively minded and the flip side of that is that we have won a lot of games by the odd goal"

In the end I went back to where I started - the current management team is a strong unit, if a bit conservative. The team will be well organized at the back, although may be short of goals. That has to be good for lower mid-table. With a bit of luck we might just inch into the top half; with a bit of bad luck we could be hovering above the drop.

It is going to be a hard season compared with the last three and some players will not be up to it. The jury is still out on whether buying in Europe is the way to go. A lot is riding on Hamer for instance.

12th-14th I hope.
He’s been watched for 12 months at least no knee jerk signing. They know exactly what he’s capable of

Users who are viewing this thread