Ratings (1 Viewer)

stupot07

This forum amazes me sometimes. On Saturday we played the worst team we’ve played all season and because we win everyone scores 7’s and 8’s yet we were brought down to their standard on only just beat them.
Tonight we play arguably the best team we’ve played all season. We were shit for the first 15 minutes and we’ve got 2’s, 3’s and 4’s everywhere. Had their 2nd goal been ruled out for the offside everyone would have scored 6’s and 7’s.
I didnt give 7s and 8s vs Hull. I thought we were poor but better than Hull

We were poor for the majority of tonight not just the first 15. We had some good moment though. Second half was a masterclass at how to see a game out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

steve101

Moore 6 (could have got a stronger hand on first goal. Excellent reactive save later)

Dabo 6 (like a few started slowly but improved. Got into some good positions but didn't do enough with crosses. Unlucky with left foot curler at the end)

Maatsen 5 (exposed far too often by a very good player)

Hyam 6 (got lucky when Fadz rescued things but was otherwise steady and made a good block which may have been going in)

McFadzean 7 (played with some urgency from the back. Great header and should have had another)

Clarke-Salter 5 (he had a start not too different to the Luton game, looking slow with his reactions resulting in a very poor clearance for first goal and some woeful passing. Thankfully improved after first quarter)

Hamer 7 (some quality cross field passing and close to threading it through a few times. Set pieces were better than of recent)

Allen 7 (kept the ball well and made some great runs that were not often spotted)

O'Hare 5 (it goes without saying that his industry deserves so much respect but his use of the ball was so poor)

Godden 5 (worked hard but frustratingly finding himself in offside positions)

Gyokeres 5 (some great runs but decision making poor)

Jones 6 (didn't do anything wrong. Kept the ball well and should have been given a cutback from Gyokeres which he pulled away from his marker to receive)

rob9872

Moore 6 (could have got a stronger hand on first goal. Excellent reactive save later)

Dabo 6 (like a few started slowly but improved. Got into some good positions but didn't do enough with crosses. Unlucky with left foot curler at the end)

Maatsen 5 (exposed far too often by a very good player)

Hyam 6 (got lucky when Fadz rescued things but was otherwise steady and made a good block which may have been going in)

McFadzean 7 (played with some urgency from the back. Great header and should have had another)

Clarke-Salter 5 (he had a start not too different to the Luton game, looking slow with his reactions resulting in a very poor clearance for first goal and some woeful passing. Thankfully improved after first quarter)

Hamer 7 (some quality cross field passing and close to threading it through a few times. Set pieces were better than of recent)

Allen 7 (kept the ball well and made some great runs that were not often spotted)

O'Hare 5 (it goes without saying that his industry deserves so much respect but his use of the ball was so poor)

Godden 5 (worked hard but frustratingly finding himself in offside positions)

Gyokeres 5 (some great runs but decision making poor)

Jones 6 (didn't do anything wrong. Kept the ball well and should have been given a cutback from Gyokeres which he pulled away from his marker to receive)
Agree with most scores and reasoning but a point off Hamer Allen and Jones.

Biggest problem for me was selection. We needed a Sheaf or Kelly in there and I'd have probably sacrificed a striker to play them, most likely Vic up on his own. Hamer getting booked early didn't help.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

This forum amazes me sometimes. On Saturday we played the worst team we’ve played all season and because we win everyone scores 7’s and 8’s yet we were brought down to their standard on only just beat them.
Tonight we play arguably the best team we’ve played all season. We were shit for the first 15 minutes and we’ve got 2’s, 3’s and 4’s everywhere. Had their 2nd goal been ruled out for the offside everyone would have scored 6’s and 7’s.

I thought we were average at best on Saturday, i thought we were poor tonight and I also don’t think they were anywhere near arguably the best team we’ve played all season personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

I thought we were average at best on Saturday, i thought we were poor tonight and I also don’t think they were anywhere near arguably the best team we’ve played all season personally

They haven’t won an away game since august so no this on paper was a home win

Sky Blue Pete

Moore 5 - Could be wrong but thought he could have came out and cleared for the second goal when the original ball was played through

Hyam - 6

Fadz - 6

JCS 5 - wasn’t as bad a people are saying. Poor first 15 but was pretty good and adapted quite well after that

Dabo 4 - Dissapointing. Looked knackered after 50 mins. Final ball really let’s him down. Would definitely bring Kane in for Bristol City.

Maatsen 4 - horrific first 35 mins defensively. Quite good after that

Hamer 4 - tried to pass it through players all the time. Frustrating player this season.

Allen 5 - ok. First touch took him backwards a lot but the tidiest of the midfield.

Ohare 2 - pass completion must have been 10% at max. Big fan of him but he has to start doing more at the edge of the box. Probably our biggest problem is we have absolutely no options in his position.

Godden 5 - quite good first half anonymous second. Still looks a lot quicker and stronger than last season.

Vik 6 - actually thought he was quite good. Massively underused him by not playing any balls for him to chase into the channels.

Jodi 5 - Doesn’t look like he’s going to get back to how he was really. Nowhere near this level currently. Might just need time

No idea why Walker came on so late

Dabo looked knackered flying past their players on the runs last 15? Did you go!

standupforcity

Terrible game from our point of view. We were chasing it early on and despite the goal never looked like getting a second. Swansea were in total control after going two up and they had so much space. Their keeper was taking the piss and passing it around for fun.

Missed the first few minutes after queueing up for over 20 minutes. All round shit night.
Haha! Which game were you watching?

covcity4life

Jcs bit poor 1st half but recovered. Godden involved more but needs to work on offsides and he's just not got physical attributes to be top striker in this league I fear. Liked passing play and control of hamer and Allen

Would give um all 6s overall. It was a good performance.

rexo87

Dabo looked knackered flying past their players on the runs last 15? Did you go!

Yes I did go and definitely did not see Dabo flying past anyone. Admittedly he did seem to have a bit more life in the last 15 mins. The main problem is just that his crossing is absolutely shocking

Sky Blue Pete

Moore 6 thought he could have saved the first and why didn’t he come out for the second?? Very strange
Dabo 6 needs to do better with his crossing unlucky with the shot
Maatsen 6.5 thought he kept going well after being embarrassed by laird first 20
Jcs 5 poor header and didn’t back maatsen up well. Improved but still looked likely to make a mistake
McFadzean - 7 good goal
Hyam - 6.5 how can you score him lower than Jcs? Thought his passing was excellent second half
Allen - 6 wrong game for him but his energy and endeavour were not in question . Good touch and found space
Hamer - 7 was worried after early booking but I thought he was good second half. Range of passing and he was always looking to get us moving forward
Ohare 6 shocking miss when chance presented on a plate. He is not at the level he was at but everything good tends to go through him
Gyokeres - 6.5 unlucky for me with his first half chance some good runs wound me up when he didn’t just pass the ball to someone in the middle when clean through
Godden - 6 didn’t stop running. He is always looking for the through ball which is why he’s often offside. I thought the link up with gyokeres on occasion was excellent
Jones - 5 nice touches but loathed to take players on or work space for a shot. Not sure he’s ever going to make it. Was good for him to get some minutes

walker -na should have been given at least 15 mins for me

Robins -6 can’t legislate for poor play but I thought we were too open with Allen for sheaf. Earlier subs and walker for longer may have led to a point

3’s nah bollox you’re having a laugh

SlowerThanPlatt

Moore 6 thought he could have saved the first and why didn’t he come out for the second?? Very strange
Maatsen 6.5 thought he kept going well after being embarrassed by laird first 20
Jcs 5 poor header and didn’t back maatsen up well. Improved but still looked likely to make a mistake
McFadzean - 7 good goal
Hyam - 6.5 how can you score him lower than Jcs? Thought his passing was excellent second half
Allen - 6 wrong game for him but his energy and endeavour were not in question . Good touch and found space
Hamer - 7 was worried after early booking but I thought he was good second half. Range of passing and he was always looking to get us moving forward
Ohare 6 shocking miss when chance presented on a plate. He is not at the level he was at but everything good tends to go through him
Gyokeres - 6.5 unlucky for me with his first half chance some good runs wound me up when he didn’t just pass the ball to someone in the middle when clean through
Godden - 6 didn’t stop running. He is always looking for the through ball which is why he’s often offside. I thought the link up with gyokeres on occasion was excellent
Jones - 5 nice touches but loathed to take players on or work space for a shot. Not sure he’s ever going to make it. Was good for him to get some minutes

Robins -6 can’t legislate for poor play but I thought we were too open with Allen for sheaf. Earlier subs and walker for longer may have led to a point

For me can’t be too critical of Jones tonight. He’s been thrown on this season for the first time in that position and looked lost. Why have we not been given him 10/20 minutes in games already won/lost?

KG7

Moore 5 - I like him but there seem to be a lot of goals flying in centrally. Maybe harsh.

Dabo 6
Hyam 6
Fadz 6
Clarke-Salter 7 regained his composure after a shaky start
Maatsen 6

Hamer - 6
Allen - 6

O’Hare - 7

Gyokeres - 7
Godden - 7 played well, just doesn’t have the pace to get away from his man. Link up is good, work rate is good, but he can only really score with chances requiring a touch and a shot.

Thought we played well, better than Hull. Shaky start but grew into the game and deserved a point.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

McFadzean - 7 good goal

I understand your positivity and desire to defend players so have moaned about 3s but you’ve also just given O’Hare and even Allen a 6 which I think is extraordinarily generous

larry_david

For me can’t be too critical of Jones tonight. He’s been thrown on this season for the first time in that position and looked lost. Why have we not been given him 10/20 minutes in games already won/lost?
It may all be a master plan but yes, in theory 5-10 minute cameos in matches the result is known would have put him in better stead for tonight when needed.

tommy hutch legend

McFadzean - 7 good goal

At last realistic ratings not ott ratings because we lost

The Philosopher

It’s days like this that we need a (5 year ago) Michael Doyle type character. Someone to get in the refs ear about O’Hare being fouled all the time. Someone to create a bit of mischief. I thought Kelly would step to that but doesn’t seem to have the “gobby” side to him. It was awful how Swansea got away with running down the clock with every throw in and foul. Doyle would have been right in the ear of the Ref.

covcity4life

At last realistic ratings not ott ratings because we lost
That's it isn't it? Ratings are given by emotional fans. I get it .it's an emotional sport. But most ppl can calm down at some point and say actually I've been a bit harsh there.

Or do some fans actually just think we were shit every day till next game? That's crazy.

Londonccfcfan

I didnt give 7s and 8s vs Hull. I thought we were poor but better than Hull

We were poor for the majority of tonight not just the first 15. We had some good moment though. Second half was a masterclass at how to see a game out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2nd half was a masterclass in how to waste time. And the Referee bought it all the time.

cc84cov

We’ve I’ve been saying give jones a go for O’Hare,been games O’Hare clearly shattered and he won’t take him off

Londonccfcfan

It’s awfully strange. Bringing him on tonight was an admission of running out of ideas

Baffling. There must be something hes seen in training that no one has seen on a pitch in 2/3 years. He looked like headless chicken. And I'm saying this as he was one of my fav players.

pusbccfc

He gave the ball away less than O'Hare yes, but not Hamer.

Hamer was playing in midfield on his own most of the night

Hamer was good second half but very poor in the first.

slowpoke

Didn’t go so can’t mark and haven’t seen the Swansea goals but we are slow starters and when you concede early you are up against it, concede two even worse but independent reports say after the two goals we played well and atleast we didn’t fold, let’s see how we bounce back Saturday critical game now imo.

Users who are viewing this thread