Pressley blames the pitch (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

I'm all for bringing on academy players but they have to be good enough! Imo only thomas and christie and possibly wilson deserve a place in the team

There are lots of kids we have not seen yet.

The left back was a nice surprise the other day.

dongonzalos

He hasn't got a clue, can't sense when it's time to change things. Negative, boring tactics. No threat to opposition playing 4-5-1. Not with the squad we have. No pace either in the squad.

No pace is not something he could change though.
That will come with his own signings or the kids.

Kids if it is the SISU route.
Own signings if it is the yanks

dongonzalos

Chelsea have had 10 managers in ten years. Southampton and Qpr also and all have had some success. If Pressley fails to deliver next season he will be out by Christmas, that's if we even start with him.

Chelsea are in a battle just to get in the top 4 after what they have spent, If they had stuck with Carlos they would be battling with Utd now.

QPR are about to get relegated despite spending a fortune. Madness.

Southampton the argie has had a good start next season will be interesting

Last edited:

skybluegod

He hasn't got a clue, can't sense when it's time to change things. Negative, boring tactics. No threat to opposition playing 4-5-1. Not with the squad we have. No pace either in the squad.

His fault how with some of those things? We haven't has pace all season and he hasn't been able to bring players in due to transfer embargo, we have played 4-5-1 all season, it's only boring ATM because we are missing our only decent striker Clarke. You can't expect us to be playing teams off the park after a few matches under a new manager. Give him time to get his ideas across he isn't happy either about the performance

J

Jack Griffin

Simple answer to all of this Pressley will not be here if we are taken over, and an experienced manager will be brought in! If SISU retain power Pressley will still be here, and he will go for youth as he seen by his experimenting and tinkering in last couple of matches and the fact that in his defence 7 of the Falkirk team that played so well yesterday in Scottish semi final are from the Falkirk academy that he brought through as falkirk also have no money and this is the main reason SISU employed him. We are potentially are too big a club for that type of building and experimenting and the fans clearly and rightly expect more with the size of our city and our history, and we have not got the patience to wait while we play before home crowds of 4,000 to 5,000. Pressley obviously has been told at previous interviews that the youth is the future of this club and that the wage bill be slashed accordingly in the summer, and all of our top earning players will be sold. SISU plans are so obvious it's unreal and also expect even more youth players in the team for the last few matches

Which of course shows they were planning next season & no sign of a change of plans happening so far.. I think they'll hang on next year & go for a cash neutral budget... while they dispute everythng in court.

dongonzalos

Which of course shows they were planning next season & no sign of a change of plans happening so far.. I think they'll hang on next year & go for a cash neutral budget... while they dispute everythng in court.

I think that maybe their

Hopefully the administrator is actually neutral and sorts it in the summer.

Not impressed so far though.

Buggering off on hols when their is a potential buyer sitting here and the golden share. Is still a mystery

fernandopartridge

The point about the first at 8 games might make him compare well with his predecessors, but his record looks less impressive if you look at the 8 games prior to him taking over

Before Pressley; P8, W4, D0, L4 (Win percentage of 50%)

Before Robins; P8, W1, D3, L4 (Win percentage of 12.5%)

Before Thorn: P8, W1 D2 L5 (Win percentage of 12.5%)

ajsccfc

But on the other hand, Robins and Thorn didn't have administration and eviction to go along with their welcome pack so cases can be made for either side of the argument.

Personally, I see his job starting properly in pre-season. Assuming all the nonsense is somewhat sorted out, he's got the chance to start forming his own team so whatever we put out in August is down to him.

Grendel

I would hope no one would judge him by that. If MR was still here and SISU were off, he wouldn't be judged by that surely?

He arrived at the very end of sisu ownership and is seen as a very cheap option. If we exit administration I will be amazed if he survived many want him sacked already.

fernandopartridge

But on the other hand, Robins and Thorn didn't have administration and eviction to go along with their welcome pack so cases can be made for either side of the argument.

Personally, I see his job starting properly in pre-season. Assuming all the nonsense is somewhat sorted out, he's got the chance to start forming his own team so whatever we put out in August is down to him.

Fair enough - you are right that his job starts proper then. His 'trial' at the moment isn't look promising, regardless of the mitigating circumstances imo.

Sterling Archer

He's experimenting god sake fans ask for youngsters to be given a go as we have nothing to play for then have a go at him for doing so.

The problem was throwing in the two youngsters into CM together. Play one of them one week alongside a more experienced CM and one the next. Putting them both in together was always a bad choice . it showed. Both Thomas and Daniells looked awful.

skybluegod

The problem was throwing in the two youngsters into CM together. Play one of them one week alongside a more experienced CM and one the next. Putting them both in together was always a bad choice . it showed. Both Thomas and Daniells looked awful.

People have been calling for Jennings and bailey to be dropped for the last 3 weeks or so. That's what he did and those we he only other options available. As moussa is the only player who can play on the LW decently

skybluegod

Thomas isn't exactly inexperienced he has a season in the championship behind him now. Still not experienced but should be able to do alright. Especially if he went on loan to Liverpool but then also he hasn't played much first team football for a year

stupot07

People have been calling for Jennings and bailey to be dropped for the last 3 weeks or so. That's what he did and those we he only other options available. As moussa is the only player who can play on the LW decently

Moussa is poor on the LW.

skybluegod

I'd play Bell on the left wing instead of Moussa tbh! Or Bell on the right and Baker left. Moussa is wasted out wide (and even he must think so considering how little time he spends out on the wing and always coming inside, with or without the ball)

I don't understand why he is being played out there unless he wants to though? I thought pressley made them write down their position on a piece of paper? And that he didn't like to play people out of position?

RoboCCFC90

I'm all for bringing on academy players but they have to be good enough! Imo only thomas and christie and possibly wilson deserve a place in the team

Lobjoit and Willis need game time too (Admittedly both injured at the moment) had they of been fit they probably would have played at least 1 of the last three games..

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I don't understand why he is being played out there unless he wants to though? I thought pressley made them write down their position on a piece of paper? And that he didn't like to play people out of position?

I guess we have too many options of who prefers it in the middle than we do for the left so not everyone can play in their preferred positon.

Users who are viewing this thread