Fleck : 5.
O'Brien : 5.
Nouble : 7.
Jackson : 6.

Swanson : 3/4.
Finch : 6.
Tudgay : 6.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Here are my ratings. I was NOT impressed.

Alsopp 4

Clarke 4

Webster 4

Willis 7

Hines 6

Pugh 6

Thomas 1

Fleck 4

O'Brien 5

Noble 5

Jackson 3

Swanson 4

Finch 7

Tudgay 6

Kingokings204

Here are my ratings. I was NOT impressed.

Alsopp 4

Clarke 4

Webster 4

Willis 7

Hines 6

Pugh 6

Thomas 1

Fleck 4

O'Brien 5

Noble 5

Jackson 3

Swanson 4

Finch 7

Tudgay 6

Your best two players were our Coventry teenagers. Says a lot. I agree however. Just making the point. Willis has come of age this season and will compete at a higher level than us imo. We will keep J Clarke forever instead.

Grendel

Your best two players were our Coventry teenagers. Says a lot. I agree however. Just making the point. Willis has come of age this season and will compete at a higher level than us imo. We will keep J Clarke forever instead.

I am sure as soon as the teenagers turn 20 they can enjoy the fruits of football adulthood by getting a 0 out of 10.

letsallsingtogether

Allsopp : 2 Got to be the worst goalkeeper we have had was super glued to the line most of the time and really should have been a Boxer.
Willis : 7.
Webster : 7.
Hines : 8. was
Clarke : 7.
Pugh : 7.
Thomas : 3. What they see in him is beyond me?
O'Brien : 6.

Swanson : 4.
Tudgay : 4.

The strikers never really had anything to do up front, our Midfield is awful at the moment really need to step up.
Passing side to side and backwards too much, Passes not making their intended player and passing without even looking.

Hopefully they have learnt from these two games and prove us wrong on Saturday.

LJC_CCFC

Allsopp : 2 Got to be the worst goalkeeper we have had was super glued to the line most of the time and really should have been a Boxer.
Hines : 8. was
Clarke : 7.
Pugh : 7.
Thomas : 3. What they see in him is beyond me?
O'Brien : 6.

Swanson : 4.
Tudgay : 4.

The strikers never really had anything to do up front, our Midfield is awful at the moment really need to step up.
Passing side to side and backwards too much, Passes not making their intended player and passing without even looking.

Hopefully they have learnt from these two games and prove us wrong on Saturday.

5-3-2 has that affect on a team

SkyBlue_Bear83

I thought LJC had done us all a favour an stopped posting after the two games at the Ricoh, unfortunately he was just taking a rest until we lost a game.

I don't think Thomas played as poorly as some are suggesting. I'd go for

Allsopp : 5.
Hines : 8.
Clarke : 6.
Pugh : 6.
Thomas : 5.
O'Brien : 5.

Swanson : 3/4.
Tudgay : 6.

Thomas 5? Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahhaahhaahahahhahaahhaahaahahh. Coughs a bit. Hahahahahahaaahhaha. Clears throat. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha. You've cheered my night right up. Ta mate.

LJC_CCFC

I thought LJC had done us all a favour an stopped posting after the two games at the Ricoh, unfortunately he was just taking a rest until we lost a game.

ROFL

I actually didn't buy into the hysteria that followed after the Gillingham game. I instead questioned the longevity of success we could achieve playing 5-3-2, and how the flaws in it were blatantly obvious in that game. A slightly better team would have beaten us that night (arguably if Gillingham had Kedwell at their disposal they would have).

I missed the Yeovil game as I was going back to Uni that weekend, I see no point in commenting on a home game that I haven't watched. Mainly because there are another 10,000 people who can offer substantial views of the game, so why would I give my opinion on something I haven't seen and they have.

I was going to refrain from 'banging on' about it, however after reading rubbish such as:

The players aren't good enough
They can't pass
They can't attack
The strikers don't offer anything
Etc

All comments that emanate from the fact that 5-3-2 is restricting our attacking prowess and preventing the players from performing to their best. For some reason many on here are oblivious to this fact, or they disagree and offer no alternative reason for our underwhelming performances this season.

What I will say is this:

1) If we continue to play 5-3-2 we won't make the play-offs
2) The fans will turn on Elvis and he'll be gone before the end of the season

Grendel

woody11462

Thomas 5? Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahhaahhaahahahhahaahhaahaahahh. Coughs a bit. Hahahahahahaaahhaha. Clears throat. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha. You've cheered my night right up. Ta mate.

He didn't have a good game by any stretch, got caught in possession yet again stood motionless. But still won a couple of challenges and moved the ball positively a few times.
Swanson was miles worse yesterday.

SkyBlue_Bear83

ROFL

I actually didn't buy into the hysteria that followed after the Gillingham game. I instead questioned the longevity of success we could achieve playing 5-3-2, and how the flaws in it were blatantly obvious in that game. A slightly better team would have beaten us that night (arguably if Gillingham had Kedwell at their disposal they would have).

I missed the Yeovil game as I was going back to Uni that weekend, I see no point in commenting on a home game that I haven't watched. Mainly because there are another 10,000 people who can offer substantial views of the game, so why would I give my opinion on something I haven't seen and they have.

I was going to refrain from 'banging on' about it, however after reading rubbish such as:

The players aren't good enough
They can't pass
They can't attack
The strikers don't offer anything
Etc

All comments that emanate from the fact that 5-3-2 is restricting our attacking prowess and preventing the players from performing to their best. For some reason many on here are oblivious to this fact, or they disagree and offer no alternative reason for our underwhelming performances this season.

What I will say is this:

1) If we continue to play 5-3-2 we won't make the play-offs
2) The fans will turn on Elvis and he'll be gone before the end of the season

Someone better tell Bristol they have no chance of promotion playing 5-3-2 before its too late for them.

Covstu

Wow, after the Yeovil game i seem to remember many saying how balanced the 5-3-2 formation was and betting on us winning the league, now its all doom and gloom!

LJC_CCFC

Someone better tell Bristol they have no chance of promotion playing 5-3-2 before its too late for them.

Oh okay so instead of challenging my argument you come out with a statement like that.

Well

Manchester City won the Premier League playing 4-4-2

Germany won the World Cup playing 4-2-3-1

Real Madrid won the UCL playing 4-3-3

All pointless facts in the context of our team

Covstu

Oh okay so instead of challenging my argument you come out with a statement like that.

Well

Maybe if we play 4-2-3-1, we can win the world cup?? Whats the magic formula for winning the JPT?? :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well

Why would I bother trying to debate with someone as stubborn as you? I'd have more joy bashing my head against a brick wall.

All the teams you have mentioned are elite sides, what works at the top level doesn't necessarily work at the other levels. Bristol are a league 1 team playing the same calibre of teams we are facing so its more relevant that what you mentioned.

Truth is those teams could make almost any formation work.

You don't even make a proper argument, you're just tiresome and make outlandish statements like Pressley will be sacked by December if he doesn't see the error of his ways and listen to you, you have this belief that you are gods gift to football tactics and anyone who disagrees is silly and their opinion is inferior to your own.

Nearly all formations can be successful or failure depending on how they are applied and the quality of the players, you just shouting 532 is the devil of football at every opportunity isn't constructive and it doesn't make you look clever.

letsallsingtogether

Don't remember him.........

Yes but I can slag him off as he is not one of ours!! we should be playing our players first if they are fit.

I thought it was me who slagged players off? And no he isn't worse that Rafeal Du Nuzzo or whatever he was called.

Sterling Archer

I'm not sure Thomas is becoming a scapegoat, I think he just genuinely isn't that good.

He was excellent in the first 60 against Gillingham but he's ranged from poor to atrocious on the other 30-40 occasions I've seen him.

Of course you want him to do well, you want every player who plays for us to do well. This is a forum where we discuss how players perform, if someone isn't performing, here is where we vent.

There's been cases in the past where we as a group of fans have unfairly singled people out but I haven't seen enough to suggest the same is happening with Thomas. He unfortunately looks out of his depth.

LJC_CCFC

Why would I bother trying to debate with someone as stubborn as you? I'd have more joy bashing my head against a brick wall.

All the teams you have mentioned are elite sides, what works at the top level doesn't necessarily work at the other levels. Bristol are a league 1 team playing the same calibre of teams we are facing so its more relevant that what you mentioned.

Truth is those teams could make almost any formation work.

You don't even make a proper argument, you're just tiresome and make outlandish statements like Pressley will be sacked by December if he doesn't see the error of his ways and listen to you, you have this belief that you are gods gift to football tactics and anyone who disagrees is silly and their opinion is inferior to your own.

Nearly all formations can be successful or failure depending on how they are applied and the quality of the players, you just shouting 532 is the devil of football at every opportunity isn't constructive and it doesn't make you look clever.

Hahahahahahahaha

You've made some hilarious baffling errors there matey, but fuck me if I'm going to correct them.

'Truth is those teams could make almost any formation work.'

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread