Player ratings v Rochdale (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

My ratings are as follows:

Alsopp - 3 not much to do but no talking, never commanding. Can't catch, can't punch. No good. Sorry.

Clarke- 6 always tries. Great engine and defends decent. Offers nothing going forward sadly.

Webster - 6 done ok. Not too much to do again. Always feel there is a mistake in there in 90 mins.

Willis - 7. I really like this lad. Next to go to the championship imo. Solid.

Hines - 7. Again a class above Webster. Showed nice touches and is a poor mans rio Ferdinand. Good for league 1 that's for sure.

Pugh - 6 looked rusty but did ok. Hasn't played much as we know due to RH but put in a quality cross for tudgay which he should of scored. Tried very hard next to the Cov fans.

Thomas - 0 honestly the worst performance I've seen in a city shirt for some time. Embarrassing. Rightly plugged at half time. Crap.

Fleck- 6 didn't think he was too bad actually. Wasn't exactly helped by a thomas masterclass next to him. Maybe injured SP said.

O'Brien -7. Really tried. Got battered by rochdales overweight players most times. Some nice touches and shots.

Noble 7. Glad we have this guy. Holds it up well but no crosses and no service so didn't score. Simples.

Jackson- 4 not convinced he is as good as everyone says. Looks ok I guess but doesn't stand out. Maybe more to come but today wasn't great sadly.

Swanson - 1 obviously him and thomas had a bet to
See who could do worse in 45 mins and thomas just won.

Finch - 7 looked good. Much better cn than cb that's for sure. Him and fleck for preston.

Tudgay - 4 maybe we are seeing why he has dropped to league 1. Missing chances and 1 golden one. Scores it maybe we win the game. Needs a break and some luck.

Let's have yours guys.

Kingokings204

nope, only been to Yeovil game this season so far :(

You didn't miss out today mate. 4 hour round trip for me from Cov. 5 away games and 2 points isn't great. If we had won 2 of those and lost 3 we would be second-third in the league.

ccfcway

You didn't miss out today mate. 4 hour round trip for me from Cov. 5 away games and 2 points isn't great. If we had won 2 of those and lost 3 we would be second-third in the league.

flying over to go to the crawley game, thats my next one

Thought we were pretty poor today. In fact, apart from Gillingham 1st half, haven't seen us play well at all (w2 d1 l2) Midfield really struggles Best player on the pitch was their 24 (Allen) Defence did well- was concerned about Matty Done who has been scoring for fun but we kept him quiet- apart from him moaning for the whole game. Anyway ratings

Allsop 4 - Didn't need to give away the penalty as their striker was hesitating and prob wouldn't have scored. Otherwise not too much to do. Kicking and distribution woeful.
Clarke 6 - Defended well but not a wing back. How many times do we need to say that?! (Although provided the only cross of the game)
Willis 8 - Thought he played really well today. Has improved greatly this season.
Webster 7 - Played well esp considering he was as sick as a dog at the start of the 2nd half. Surprised he played for as long as he did, as clearly was not well.
Hines 6 - Showed some neat touches and controlled ball well but a bit casual at times.
Pugh 6 - Not one of his better games. Didn't get forward enough. Assists at Bradford and Wycombe prove he can do it.
O'Brien 6 - Always plenty of running but lost the ball occasionally. Makes some good blind runs forward. Unfortunately our players don't see them either!
Thomas 4 - Receives a pass and passes it straight back instead of to someone in space. Unaware of play around him. Did try to support the forwards, which is a bit worrying considering his scoring record!
Fleck 5 - Summed up by a poor pass to a Rochdale player across the defence. Not his day.
Nouble 6 - Holds the ball up well but unable to impose himself on the game. Finished up playing on the wing...??
Jackson 5 - never looked likely to give Rochdale any problems. Easily knocked off the ball.
Subs
Swanson 4 - Very poor today. Unable to keep the ball. ran into brick walls.
Finch 6 - Not convinced he's ready yet. Passing was poor. Thought he struggled when he came on.
Tudgay 6 - Showed more passion than I've seen from him before now. Brought the ball down well for his chance but shot straight at keeper.

pusbccfc

Allsop 3 - Cannot kick, cannot catch, has no idea when or when not to come out. I'd be shocked to see him start next week.

Clarke 5 - I'm not convinced with him as a wing back. Obviously quick but never seems to want to beat the man. I'd like him to drop to CB as the ball playing defender.

Willis 6 - He's improving massively. First touch is a lot better these days.

Hines 6 - Looked quite good. Very quick for a centre back, but likes a wander! Could well start alongside Willis and Reda with Webster dropped.

Webster 6 - He doesn't look as good without Reda.

Pugh 4 - Really poor. Messed up a decent chance quite late on. Slowest wing back in football history. Haynes should have came on.

Fleck 6 - Why did he go off!?

O'Brien 6 - He must have bruises across his body. Fouled constantly each game.

Thomas 4 - Not good at all. Confidence is very low. This year's boo boy now Baker has left.

Jackson 6 - Looked a bit sharper. Will be a key player in a few months.

Nouble 5 - Had a good first half, but he was poor in the second. Seems very unfit.

Subs

Finch 7 - Could become a very tidy player. Reminds me a tad of the younger Connor Thomas.

Swanson 5 - He has a great first touch and looks impressive running with the ball, but probably had a pass completion of 15%.

Tudgay 5 - Could of grabbed us a point late on, was unlucky.

Grendel

How can anyone give a player rating of 0?

stupot07

Correct, all players get a standard '1' for managing to put their kit and boots on correctly.

Seems to me some people are willing Thomas to have a bad game just so they can slate him.

He cannot have been worse than Deegan against Southampton at Ricoh 2011/12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

All the Rochdale fans seem to think we were actually quite good and their assistant manager said we're the best side they have played

Kingokings204

Correct, all players get a standard '1' for managing to put their kit and boots on correctly.

Seems to me some people are willing Thomas to have a bad game just so they can slate him.

He cannot have been worse than Deegan against Southampton at Ricoh 2011/12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Don't patronise me in my ratings please. I gave my honest opinion from what I saw. Did you and Grendel go yesterday? If not then how would you know and if yes by all means post your ratings.

I gave thomas a zero and he was useless in every way. He was took off at HT in case you didn't know. He wasn't taken off because he was playing well. I gave players who had a shocker 0 and one and I gave some players 7 and 8. I called it how I saw it.

I will give him a 1 if it makes you feel better Grendel. Hope you are happier now. Sorry for my opinion.

fanta2580

I have to agree with the original posters ratings. Thomas to be honest was lucky to be given 0. I have never seen him play well in any game. I feel for O'Brien as he clearly has ability but is never given the ball despite his many attacking runs and looks like a £50 note found in a pile of fivers.

stupot07

I have to agree with the original posters ratings. Thomas to be honest was lucky to be given 0. I have never seen him play well in any game. I feel for O'Brien as he clearly has ability but is never given the ball despite his many attacking runs and looks like a £50 note found in a pile of fivers.

So you didn't watch the gillingham game where he was excellent for the first 60-65 minutes? Or Yeovil (I thought he was better vs gillingham)? Or sheff united last season (on sky)? I wasn't there but heRd he played well at wolves away last season too. So there's at least 4 games where he has played well in a game.

He played shit yesterday yes. Who's want to come through our academy.....hot a bad patch and labelled as shit, not a footballer, etc.

Last edited:

fanta2580

So you didn't watch the gillingham game where he was excellent for the first 60-65 minutes? Or Yeovil (I thought he was better vs gillingham)? Or sheff united last season (on sky)? I wasn't there but heRd he played well at wolves away last season too. So there's at least 4 games where he has played well in a game.

He played shit yesterday yes. Who's want to come through our academy.....hot a bad patch and labelled as shit, not a footballer, etc.

Yes I was the gillingham and Yeovil games and he wasn't excellent or even good. Even as a supporter of his you can only name 4 games where YOU thought he played well! He isn't and never will be a good player. The only reason I can find that fans stick by him is that he is local. Well so am I but I admit I am not a good footballer.

fanta2580

I did see both games and he wasn't good at all contrary to your view. You appear to be a big supporter of him yet can still only name 4 times even you thought he played well! He is and never will be a good player. Being local doesn't make players exempt from obvious criticism.

My ratings are as follows:

Alsopp - 3 not much to do but no talking, never commanding. Can't catch, can't punch. No good. Sorry.

Clarke- 6 always tries. Great engine and defends decent. Offers nothing going forward sadly.

Webster - 6 done ok. Not too much to do again. Always feel there is a mistake in there in 90 mins.

Willis - 7. I really like this lad. Next to go to the championship imo. Solid.

Hines - 7. Again a class above Webster. Showed nice touches and is a poor mans rio Ferdinand. Good for league 1 that's for sure.

Pugh - 6 looked rusty but did ok. Hasn't played much as we know due to RH but put in a quality cross for tudgay which he should of scored. Tried very hard next to the Cov fans.

Thomas - 0 honestly the worst performance I've seen in a city shirt for some time. Embarrassing. Rightly plugged at half time. Crap.

Fleck- 6 didn't think he was too bad actually. Wasn't exactly helped by a thomas masterclass next to him. Maybe injured SP said.

O'Brien -7. Really tried. Got battered by rochdales overweight players most times. Some nice touches and shots.

Noble 7. Glad we have this guy. Holds it up well but no crosses and no service so didn't score. Simples.

Jackson- 4 not convinced he is as good as everyone says. Looks ok I guess but doesn't stand out. Maybe more to come but today wasn't great sadly.

Swanson - 1 obviously him and thomas had a bet to
See who could do worse in 45 mins and thomas just won.

Finch - 7 looked good. Much better cn than cb that's for sure. Him and fleck for preston.

Tudgay - 4 maybe we are seeing why he has dropped to league 1. Missing chances and 1 golden one. Scores it maybe we win the game. Needs a break and some luck.

Let's have yours guys.

Broadly agree with this, although I'd have put Willis a notch lower, Fleck on 4 (but will forgive him if injured) and Nouble on 5.

Kingokings204

Broadly agree with this, although I'd have put Willis a notch lower, Fleck on 4 (but will forgive him if injured) and Nouble on 5.

Don't agree with me FP will have a little paddy like he mostly does.

Yes maybe fleck lower but he was struggling after scunthorpe we are told by SP. Noble tried so hard and had some quality about him but no service at all.

Moff

Come on G, I know you went to the same games I did in the early/mid eighties. Do you not remember Tommy Langley on loan, Graham Withey, Steve Jacobs, Andy Spring, Wayne Turner, some of those performances were truly shocking ;)

stupot07

and of course, SISU honour all contracts

Good job they don't, otherwise we'd have had thorn for the whole of the 2012/13 season and would have likely been relegated and playing on league two.....

Users who are viewing this thread