Pkh (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Dead right and any other supporters forum would have kicked him out the room for even mentioning that. No doubt our supporters were nodding and clapping their hands. Another reason we are the laughing stock of the football world.

Why? We want all the money that the Ricoh makes then we have a vested interest in making it the ultimate venue. Having owners who are experts in property development would thus be the ideal solution.

Again i can see no reason why it hasn't been done in the past if so important.

It seems a clause designed to attract people(such as Sisu in the past, and PH4 now) who would have no interest really in the football club as it's own entity.

If somebody rocked up with a few bob who was only interested in the football club, would they then be refused?

just a quick question, is ccfc a anchor round the ricoh?

lordsummerisle

If we want all the money the Ricoh makes then an expert in property development is kinda important.

Not really, or does it not make any money now?

As a club owning having half the revenues from the Ricoh should surely be enough without spending loads of money on development projects that may lose money.

What stops the council/ACL(nobody has really said who owns the ground around it) from selling land to Hotel developers etc now or in the past?

dongonzalos

Dead right and any other supporters forum would have kicked him out the room for even mentioning that. No doubt our supporters were nodding and clapping their hands. Another reason we are the laughing stock of the football world.

There has always only one thing that makes other clubs pity us, not laugh it has gone beyond that they pity us and its not the fans liking a bloke from a local charity.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not really, or does it not make any money now?

As a club owning having half the revenues from the Ricoh should surely be enough without spending loads of money on development projects that may lose money.

What stops the council/ACL(nobody has really said who owns the ground around it) from selling land to Hotel developers etc now or in the past?

Half of the shareholding in ACL doesn't give us half the revenue. I am certain that the stadium already makes money but we're talking about trying to make even more and make the enterprise all the more profitable-it's no different to a football club expanding its stadium. Ultimately nobody can draw money from ACL until it repays the council's loan in its entirety.

lordsummerisle

Why? We want all the money that the Ricoh makes then we have a vested interest in making it the ultimate venue. Having owners who are experts in property development would thus be the ideal solution.

I really don't think that building a 200 room hotel will suddenly turn us into a succesful football club.

lordsummerisle

Half of the shareholding in ACL doesn't give us half the revenue. I am certain that the stadium already makes money but we're talking about trying to make even more and make the enterprise all the more profitable-it's no different to a football club expanding its stadium. Ultimately nobody can draw money from ACL until it repays the council's loan in its entirety.

By loading more debt onto the club through property development?

Again, if so important why hasn't it been done before?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Cashless,

Only 150 Trust members turned up at the Ricoh on Saturday . And I bet most of them wasn't members so best have a pop at the other 2050 members that didn't turn up.

I think a lot of people signed up and paid their £1 to the Trust like most people put their small change in the charity box in the pub.
A pointless organisation that is not and never will be the voice of Ccfc fans. My opinion .
The Trust really gets under your skin doesnt it? I'm so pleased:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Brighton Sky Blue

By loading more debt onto the club through property development?

Again, if so important why hasn't it been done before?

Again, where did I say this would be the case? I am not in charge of ACL and I can't speak for how they choose to run their business. This is a purely hypothetical scenario and requires the club to own the freehold currently owned by CCC in order to be viable.

lordsummerisle

Again, where did I say this would be the case? I am not in charge of ACL and I can't speak for how they choose to run their business. This is a purely hypothetical scenario and requires the club to own the freehold currently owned by CCC in order to be viable.

How much is the freehold? Is the freehold for sale to any owners of the football club?

Believe that some councillors have said that the freehold would nveer be sold to the club no matter who the owners are.

I believe that the Higgs share of ACL is only for the leasehold anyway, nothing to do with the freehold?

Brighton Sky Blue

Come on BSB you must know that's not the way it works here. If they can't pick holes in your opinion, then they just create an opinion for you and slate it. You must be used to that by now.

People seem to be going off on wild tangents. If you want all the money that the stadium makes then that means you take responsibility for making it as successful a venue as physically possible-and an owner with property acumen would be an ideal vehicle for achieving this.

dongonzalos

People seem to be going off on wild tangents. If you want all the money that the stadium makes then that means you take responsibility for making it as successful a venue as physically possible-and an owner with property acumen would be an ideal vehicle for achieving this.

You can't be slated for that opinion, so it will be misconstrued.

Brighton Sky Blue

How much is the freehold? Is the freehold for sale to any owners of the football club?

Believe that some councillors have said that the freehold would nveer be sold to the club no matter who the owners are.

I believe that the Higgs share of ACL is only for the leasehold anyway, nothing to do with the freehold?

I don't think anyone has ever come forward for the freehold itself as presumably the council would put an enormous price upon it. Those views were indeed from a few councillors but it's difficult to establish the council's official stance as leadership changes on a semi regular basis. The Higgs share is indeed for the leasehold.

lordsummerisle

Come on BSB you must know that's not the way it works here. If they can't pick holes in your opinion, then they just create an opinion for you and slate it. You must be used to that by now.

What is the point of doing the property development that apparently the club have to do if it isn't to help make the club successful?

lordsummerisle

This for example BSB, is where I endorse dragging Nuneaton fans kicking and screaming away from their spiritual home. Which is an absolute identical situation to ours and I am a hypocrite of the highest order.

It is what you have actually advocated several times though dongle.

dongonzalos

What is the point of doing the property development that apparently the club have to do if it isn't to help make the club successful?

That's a bit different to accusing BSB of saying putting 80 extra hotel rooms in will single handily make the football club successful.

NorthernWisdom

Call me old fashioned, but a football club dealing in football, with its own stadium, while a property developer deals in property entirely separately seems best to me.

Why should, after all, property be developed around the Ricoh? If it's a property developer we're after, if they regenerate the Swanswell, they should be handed the keys to the club? Or maybe they should have saved the Leofric?

It puts an overly onerous task on finding an appropriate owner (property developers tend to like making money out of property after all) and detracts from the fact that a football club owner can be a perfectly decent owner without having to build a hulking great hotel. Diversify sports clubs, take away their focus from what they are, and they're also liable to forget the reason why they exist.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's not complicated-if we want access to all the money the Ricoh makes, and we got that access, it would become in our best interests to oversee all facets of the complex to improve in order to maximise the money made. The best people to do this would be those with prior experience in it i.e. property development-this unites the club and ACL into the same business and makes the interest of one mutual to the other.

Covcraig@bury

Funny isnt it all the "true City till I die/not a penny more" types that are so voiciferous on this board couldnt be arsed to go along and support the trust tonight. Believe me they REALLY need you and less than 30 people turned up to the AGM.

If I was the Trust I would come on here and tell you lazy, apathetic bastards to take a running jump. REAL organisation and agitation takes action, active membership and debate. Something that far to many people on here are more willing to do from a keyboard. Shame on you.

Broken, this says it all. 30 people turned up for the Trusts AGM. That's what it's so called members think of them.

Having said that , instead of calling it an AGM just call it a (Protest) !

Totally Embarrassing

dongonzalos

The point I make for example is
If the majority of Nuneaton fans would like to do it. Then if I were Mr Haskell I would consider it.
If I were ACL I would also consider it if Coventry City were removed from the Ricoh. As it will give them another option.
It is not the same as it what is happening to CCFC as the Nuneaton are potentially are facing going under. They would have a new multi millionaire owner. Who wants to get them back to back promotions. They would move to a state of the art stadium 5 miles away.

At a club that a lot of them already regularly visit.

Again it should only happen if most of the fans wanted it.

You have no idea like I don't, to how they would react.

Last edited:

wingy

There Is a problem In the equation somewhere involving the profit levels in ACL where It becomes liable to pay some sort of Superate once over a profit level of around £3.5M.
Whether that negates the desire to get over that line Is open to question as they'd be swiftly down to £2.5M. Who Is the beneficiary of that rate CCC/Govt?
CCC has already benifited to the Tune of £1M. Lagbi money Per An I believe as a result of the whole development,I'm sure If they were that Beneficiary they'd rather have It ,so a possible source of Friction? the fact that CCC benefits to this £1M. if taken overall does kind of offsets Its new loan agreement with ACL.

The rebate that CCC paid back to the Club circa £400K. may make a significant dent in that ,and If It had to be backdated would be a body blow I'm sure ,factors such as this are no doubt playing their part in the stances of all the various parties.

Users who are viewing this thread