Parking (1 Viewer)

ricohroar

I usually get a lift to games but this week I'm struggling and probably have to drive. Looking at not having to pay lots to park, I dont mind £5 but most places now seem £10-£15. Looked to see if any roads within walking distance are any good and found this: CCC Site Lots of roads around the ground are not on the list, including Hen lane and others. Its a bit confusing. I used to park on Blackburn road years ago, any one have any idea on good parking?

PVA

All the car parks are £10+

I think your only chance of parking for less than £10 is a space off here:

ricohroar

£27 on there no thanks lol. I had to pay £50 for me and my 13 year old lad, then we gonna have food drink and a program £10 parking its a £80 afternoon of 2nd rate footy :(

PVA

£27 on there no thanks lol. I had to pay £50 for me and my 13 year old lad, then we gonna have food drink and a program £10 parking its a £80 afternoon of 2nd rate footy :(

I have seen them on there for under a tenner, but you probably have to book quite far in advance.

I appreciate it all adds up and it's an expensive day, but the organised parking is a tenner, so you're not going to save much elsewhere.

Last edited:

Grendel

Park at Tesco. Buy a £50 gift card from Arena to use on either shopping or fuel. Technically free parking.

not a great idea

Senior Vick from Alicante

I park at the 3 Horseshoes its a £10 but its an easy getaway after the match. Tesco is a nightmare to get out of but the £10 charge is probably a reflection on the shortage of spaces rather than a value for money thing.

Hobo

You can park on the street for free, but will have approx a 20 minutes walk. I appreciate this is not ideal or practical for people with disabilities. But for the average person it should not be a big deal. Plenty of fans do it judging by foot traffic to and from the ground.

SBT

Park at Tesco. Buy a £50 gift card from Arena to use on either shopping or fuel. Technically free parking.
Have tried various parking spots over the years and this still seems to be the best option overall.

SHUNT31

Have tried various parking spots over the years and this still seems to be the best option overall.
It’s free as you’ll most likely spend £50 in Tesco anyway or could use it for fuel.

If you know where to park you get out pretty quickly too. I’m usually on the M6 within 20 mins of leaving the stadium.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

How come? I literally do this every time I come to a game. Never once been asked for proof of purchasing anything.
I got caught out doing it the one time I did it haha (Wycombe in the JPT semi-final). Thankfully by the time they sent me the fine it had been three weeks, I checked the small print on the website and it said 'Keep receipts for two weeks as proof of purchase'. I called and said as the two weeks had elapsed I had binned the receipts and they cancelled the fine. Was expecting much harder work of it to be fair... I would say it's a risk, but given you have way more experience than I do, it clearly isn't much of a risk, I just got unlucky.

Grendel

I was fined twice and as it was a company car they just paid the fine and sent me the bill

skybluejelly

A strategically placed leaf or a splash of mud on your number plate makes it unreadable by the anpr cameras at the arena shopping park , I have never had a fine yet

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Frank Alsop

I always park at Finbarrs. 20 minute walk and by the time you get back to your car most of the traffic has gone. £10

SHUNT31

I was fined twice and as it was a company car they just paid the fine and sent me the bill
So it may not be a good idea if you use a company car but I imagine 99% of the people that do this use their own car.

I always spend £50 in there (exception was Norwich at home last year as forgot it closed at 4 on BH) but have never once been fined or had to send in proof.

Skybluemichael

The arena car parking used to be free for 5hours before you needed to show proof of £50 purchase, this year on match days you only get 2hours free before you might be asked of proof of £50 purchase

MTK

We've parked in Tesco for years. WE always spend the £50 and we have had probably 12-15 fines down the years. It seems to happen in bursts. Always assumed they do it every now and again as a deterrent, or if the shops complain about too many cars obviously linked to the football. Rarely been seriously delayed getting out, but if we are we shrug it off. Small price to pay for the 'free' parking. We've just got into the unconscious habit of saving purchases we need to make for footy match days. But we wouldn't risk parking without purchasing because we have had fines.

Si80

Hen Lane is definitely on the list. It's in AC - Arena Zone. Watery Lane is outside the parking zone and is about a 20 min walk to the CBS but the road isn't great for parking.

slowpoke

There’s a public car park on Longford Road near the doctors, get there early enough there’s normally room, I’d say before 1.

skybluelee

Going to be cutting it fine later so it’s likely a Tesco job. Anyone been caught out with a fine yet this year?
I got a fine through for the first time ever after the Sunderland game. I always spend the requisite £50 in store though so I sent them the receipt and they cancelled it.

SkyBlueSoul

Going to be cutting it fine later so it’s likely a Tesco job. Anyone been caught out with a fine yet this year?
Haven't had a problem since they relaxed it for match day, when I drive I always park in Tesco and it's been fine. For a 19:45 game I turn up about 19:20 and leave about 22:30 with no issue.

skybluepm2

Usually only tend to drive in midweek games and I park down the bottom, in one of the industrial units adjacent to Dhillons for free. Haven’t been stung yet in well over 5 years so worth a gamble.

slowpoke

Trouble with parking at Tesco they seem to allow it for a while then out of the blue have a purge. The parking company running the car park are unbelievable to deal with, don’t answer phones or letters. Another thing if you use Tesco make sure front end, back end & wheels are within the the lines not even on them or you will possibly be fined.

chiefdave

Trouble with parking at Tesco they seem to allow it for a while then out of the blue have a purge. The parking company running the car park are unbelievable to deal with, don’t answer phones or letters. Another thing if you use Tesco make sure front end, back end & wheels are within the the lines not even on them or you will possibly be fined.
Most places like that you’ll get a quicker response from the shopping centre manager if you can find an email for them

Users who are viewing this thread