Parking (2 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

Trouble with parking at Tesco they seem to allow it for a while then out of the blue have a purge. The parking company running the car park are unbelievable to deal with, don’t answer phones or letters. Another thing if you use Tesco make sure front end, back end & wheels are within the the lines not even on them or you will possibly be fined.

Good way to tell everyone you're shit at parking

Theonlywayisskyblue

Sorry if I'm being dense but the website on parking is not at all clear. If we spend £50 tomorrow in the shopping centre can we park free in the Arena car park or are you talking on here specifically about parking at Tesco ?

edgy

Sorry if I'm being dense but the website on parking is not at all clear. If we spend £50 tomorrow in the shopping centre can we park free in the Arena car park or are you talking on here specifically about parking at Tesco ?
Tesco carpark only.

You'll get the fine through the post a while later, then show them the receipts to have it cancelled. They have 2 weeks to contact you.

Theonlywayisskyblue

Tesco carpark only.

You'll get the fine through the post a while later, then show them the receipts to have it cancelled. They have 2 weeks to contact you.
Thanks Edgy - and Tesco is better for a quick exit that the main Arena car park ? I usually park in a nearby pub but may not get there in time tomorrow.

slowpoke

Tesco carpark only.

They do, but I got one on the 12th day of the date on their letter. If you do get a letter forget phoning, use recorded delivery letter if contesting it. I have never got a reply from over a year ago.

edgy

Thanks Edgy - and Tesco is better for a quick exit that the main Arena car park ? I usually park in a nearby pub but may not get there in time tomorrow.

Depends on where you park in the carpark. It can take ages to get out. Some areas are very difficult to get out of due to the layout.

It's a good idea in life to always think, "if the worse was to happen, where are my escape routes" ........ ;)

Theonlywayisskyblue

I emailed the Arena shopping centre about parking tomorrow and received this reply which didn't really clarify things for the 5 hour stay:

We usually operate on a 5 hour free parking policy within the car park. However during match day and events held at the Coventry Building Society Arena there is a 2 hour parking restriction.

During the 2 hour policy; you will need to spend £50 or above at the shopping park. Please retain your receipts for up to 14days which you will need to provide to Premier Watch once they have been in touch via post.

If the £50 is spent you can park you can park for the full day.

The same applies if you exceed the 5 hour parking limit.

Mcbean

I emailed the Arena shopping centre about parking tomorrow and received this reply which didn't really clarify things for the 5 hour stay:

We usually operate on a 5 hour free parking policy within the car park. However during match day and events held at the Coventry Building Society Arena there is a 2 hour parking restriction.

During the 2 hour policy; you will need to spend £50 or above at the shopping park. Please retain your receipts for up to 14days which you will need to provide to Premier Watch once they have been in touch via post.

If the £50 is spent you can park you can park for the full day.

The same applies if you exceed the 5 hour parking limit.
Non match days the limit is 5 hours ( spend £50 its good for all day ) - Match day its 2 hours free unless you spend £50 when its all day as well - i think :unsure:

Captain_Slackbladder

I usually get a lift to games but this week I'm struggling and probably have to drive. Looking at not having to pay lots to park, I dont mind £5 but most places now seem £10-£15. Looked to see if any roads within walking distance are any good and found this: CCC Site Lots of roads around the ground are not on the list, including Hen lane and others. Its a bit confusing. I used to park on Blackburn road years ago, any one have any idea on good parking?
Blackburn Road is OK still, but you need to get there increasingly early to get a spot, especially with a big crowd like tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread