O'Hare stats this season (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Think it's pretty unfair to say he misses sitters weekly. Yes his finishing needs to get better and there's a few where he should have done better.

Alongside the right players, in the right system, he'd be an asset to most championship teams. You can't say that about too many of our other players.

giphy.gif

My post was sarcastic , about the team missing sitters, but he's blaming ohare

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Games started: 33
Won: 7
Drawn: 11
Lost: 15

Games not started: 4
Won: 2
Drawn: 1
Lost: 1

As you can see, we have a 50% win record in games O'Hare hasn't been able to ruin every single attack from minute 1. Coincidence? I think not.

If you also take into account that the games he didn't start were against Middlesbrough (A), Reading (H), Cardiff (H) and Blackburn (A), all games that we would have been favourites to lose, I think these statistics are even more telling.

His overall stats:

Played: 37
Goals: 2
Assists: 5 (none until game week 24!!!)

Your messiah ladies and gentleman. We have persisted with a number 10 who is a detriment to the team and has an embarrassingly bad G/A record for 37 games. It is not working. Drop him and play him off the bench for the rest of the season. Then we might just stay up.
Christ Grendel is this your back up account?

fatso

O’Hare is a quality player, but his 2 goal return from 37 games is shockingly bad, and 5 assists is nothing to shout about either. If Baka had those stats he’d get dogs abuse.
O’Hare has not been helped by only having Biamou up front who is too slow and immobile to trouble most defences. But we really need to look at how we can get a better return from all his ability.

Also, we arnt exactly blessed with options in the no10 position, Shipley and Allen have been tried and failed there, and Jobello’s not been available, Kastaneer and Hilssner couldn’t even make the bench, Baka is on his way out, and injuries have limited other options.

Last edited:

Briles

Games started: 33
Won: 7
Drawn: 11
Lost: 15

Games not started: 4
Won: 2
Drawn: 1
Lost: 1

As you can see, we have a 50% win record in games O'Hare hasn't been able to ruin every single attack from minute 1. Coincidence? I think not.

If you also take into account that the games he didn't start were against Middlesbrough (A), Reading (H), Cardiff (H) and Blackburn (A), all games that we would have been favourites to lose, I think these statistics are even more telling.

His overall stats:

Played: 37
Goals: 2
Assists: 5 (none until game week 24!!!)

Your messiah ladies and gentleman. We have persisted with a number 10 who is a detriment to the team and has an embarrassingly bad G/A record for 37 games. It is not working. Drop him and play him off the bench for the rest of the season. Then we might just stay up.

Unless you're going to drill down into formations played, opposition and other players playing, then you may as well have hit a wok to express your point.

fernandopartridge

I agree with that. The OP makes some valid points, his output is nowhere near good enough for a number 10. He may have had a 2-3 more assists had Biamous finishing been better but just 2 goals is really poor for the position he plays in.

I'm not entirely convinced he is a number 10 to be honest, and I think we miss the impact he gives from the bench. I'd like to see Allen given more of a run in an attacking midfield role.

There was a lot of talk last week comparing last seasons 4-1 win vs Wycombe to the dour 0-0. Interestingly, O'Hare was on the bench thay day, and Shipley and Westbrook were the 2 advanced in the box.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
He isn't playing a number 10, he's almost a target man playing with his back to goal. I think your ongoing criticism of him is nonsense tbh

stupot07

He isn't playing a number 10, he's almost a target man playing with his back to goal. I think your ongoing criticism of him is nonsense tbh
What would you say acceptable goal tally would be for a target man?

My only criticism of him has been lack if goals.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

How is he going to score when he's playing with his back to goal, 50 yards from goal most of the time? How can you criticise a player for not scoring enough goals when he's in a system where he doesn't that often get into goalscoring positions?

Evo1883

One team is 3rd , one is 20th .

Hard to explain to somebody really

Basically not taking our chances and individual errors , o hare would and should have many more assists

20210329_153503.jpg

shmmeee

One team is 3rd , one is 20th .

Hard to explain to somebody really

Basically not taking our chances and individual errors , o hare would and should have many more assists

View attachment 19353

We should sign one of Swansea’s strikers! Maybe we can’t afford the first team but say 3rd/4th choice should be enough.

Just going to leave this here:

View attachment 19352

I was just searching for this to post. EFL Ones to Watch highlighted him, it is a small segment and honest about his strengths and limitations. Imagine if we had someone of similar ability to rotate, and more clinical players around him (fit and available) to learn from, he has all of the attributes. Time will tell his level, I'm very pleased he is with us though.

Not really

Goals definitely, assists are sometimes misleading, chance creation is often very telling. Shot accuracy and conversion rate also. From watching he should have had more goals and assists so far this year, lets hope he can end on a more productive note. I don't think we have really had viable alternatives available, I think he would have benefited from a rest. His energy level throughout the entire 90+ minutes are incredible really.

Can anyone recommend a good site with in-depth player stats? I am genuinely intrigued. Thanks in advance.

shmmeee

Goals definitely, assists are sometimes misleading, chance creation is often very telling.

Can anyone recommend a good site with in-depth stats? I am genuinely intrigued. Thanks in advance.

If you don’t mind clicking through player by player and only care about us the official City site is pretty good. Otherwise InfoGol and WhoScored seem to be the go to ones. TBH I tend to Google the player and the stat and sometimes find a blog post or something (that’s actually how I found O’Hares Key Passes stat on the offal)

If you don’t mind clicking through player by player and only care about us the official City site is pretty good. Otherwise InfoGol and WhoScored seem to be the go to ones. TBH I tend to Google the player and the stat and sometimes find a blog post or something (that’s actually how I found O’Hares Key Passes stat on the offal)

Hi,

thanks for that I will explore. I have had a look on Squawka as per the above post but the player stats are limited.

cov donkey kick

A target man he plays a game that lays off the ball to midfield runners provides flick ons and nod ons to other players and unsettles opposing defenders and at any leivel of the game gets a fare share of goals. How many I think 10 to 15 is a fair return with his other abilities to the team.

TM8792

O’Hare has probably missed more chances than any other Coventry player this season. You could make a compilation

Users who are viewing this thread