O hare doesn’t flatter to deceive (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Oct 12, 2015
I am a massive fan of COH, but some perspective is needed. Up until today he had no assists and no goals all season. To pretend that is good enough is pretty ridiculous. Even by his own standards we have seen in recent weeks that he has been frustrated with himself.

Then, look at today. He gets that goal and then literally played like Messi for the rest of the game. That is the effect that confidence can have, and at that point he would have been the last player on the pitch you would want to take off. He was like the fucking terminator. I think most of the criticism aimed at him as been pretty fair, and as I said, he knows he can do better. We all do. That player we saw today is exactly what I believe he can do, and I hope he can continue with it because his application and commitment to the club only makes me feel warm about him. Well done today Callum!

The criticism that he cant finish is fair. I mean lets be honest its below average. Bit its what else he brings to the table, has almost everything else.

Unfair to criticise him for assists, hes usually created the chance openings like vs Forest he created both openings. But doesnt get credit for it.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
COH us genuinely the most exciting alround player I've seen in my 40 years of following them... This guy is pure gold for us. Love his attitude to the game (Bright should have taken a look at him). Just great to have him in our team...

The attitude also is the key. When people were scrambling around trying to think of better players we had some were suggesting soldiers of fortune like Leon Clarke and Mcgoldrick

I mean seriously. They had zero interest in the club at all.

He’s not the same as Hutchison but he’s as vital and as such probably is one of the best signings I can remember we’ve ever had

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
Everybody begging him to start scoring will be shitting themselves when he eventually starts doing it regular ..

It will happen and when it does he will be gone , and we will have a very big problem replacing him

Also not been out injured once in his time here which is also down to the ridiculous fitness levels. If he ever gets taken out for a month it’s just Jamie Allen in reserve

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Also not been out injured once in his time here which is also down to the ridiculous fitness levels. If he ever gets taken out for a month it’s just Jamie Allen in reserve

No it’s hillsner according to Paxman

Jamesimus

Jul 19, 2011

Someone may have to get on the pitch and scythe him down if he starts scoring too often, keep him out the team for a few games and bring him back in for the last 10 games of the season.

That bloke who told Michael Doyle off at Forest Green gets my vote.

SBT

Sep 14, 2012
It will happen and when it does he will be gone , and we will have a very big problem replacing him

If that all happens, I assume there’ll be a big fee involved, which always helps with that particular problem.

Reactions: Evo1883

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
Someone may have to get on the pitch and scythe him down if he starts scoring too often, keep him out the team for a few games and bring him back in for the last 10 games of the season.

That bloke who told Michael Doyle off at Forest Green gets my vote.

Mrs BSB said ‘he looks like someone who’d take you out for dinner, shag you then ghost you’. Get him out please

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Aug 16, 2018
The attitude also is the key. When people were scrambling around trying to think of better players we had some were suggesting soldiers of fortune like Leon Clarke and Mcgoldrick

I mean seriously. They had zero interest in the club at all.

He’s not the same as Hutchison but he’s as vital and as such probably is one of the best signings I can remember we’ve ever had

Whether a player has an interest in the club isn't the same as asking if someone is a better player. If Ronaldo joined I doubt he'd give a fuck but he'd be our best player by a country mile.

Do you think when Callum first joined his thoughts were "Brilliant! I'm joining Coventry!" or that he saw it as a step along his career progression? Do you think if we hadn't had such a great season when he was here he'd have been clamouring to sign? Even now, when he clearly has a great affinity to the club, do you think he would turn down a move to a decent Premier League or European club offering him a vast increase in wages?

Now, to be honest it's a bit difficult to compare players because they perform different roles or play slightly differently. Probably the most similar is James Maddison, who doesn't work as hard as Callum but is far superior technically and it would be difficult to argue that he is not a better player.

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
Whether a player has an interest in the club isn't the same as asking if someone is a better player. If Ronaldo joined I doubt he'd give a fuck but he'd be our best player by a country mile.

Do you think when Callum first joined his thoughts were "Brilliant! I'm joining Coventry!" or that he saw it as a step along his career progression? Do you think if we hadn't had such a great season when he was here he'd have been clamouring to sign? Even now, when he clearly has a great affinity to the club, do you think he would turn down a move to a decent Premier League or European club offering him a vast increase in wages?

Now, to be honest it's a bit difficult to compare players because they perform different roles or play slightly differently. Probably the most similar is James Maddison, who doesn't work as hard as Callum but is far superior technically and it would be difficult to argue that he is not a better player.
I actually do think o hare joined as he loved it here , the players have a great togetherness , it's very close knit and the fact he was guaranteed football made it all that bit easier for him

The "pump it up " promotion video in the streets of Solihull with a sky blue wig on ? Would never be Leon Clarke

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Aug 16, 2018
I actually do think o hare joined as he loved it here , the players have a great togetherness , it's very close knit and the fact he was guaranteed football made it all that bit easier for him

The "pump it up " promotion video in the streets of Solihull with a sky blue wig on ? Would never be Leon Clarke

I meant when he initially joined on loan, hence why I said whether he would have then been so keen to join if we hadn't had the great season we did.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

Clueless

covboy9

Aug 29, 2010
Happy he scored everyone likes him and wants him to do well

As many people that hype him don’t rate him, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle

Liquid Gold

Sep 16, 2013
Brizzle
He's an incredible player. It's great that we have a system that suits him too. The box allowed him the ability to do his thing in L1 and now the hole behind the strikers with wingbacks as outlets is perfect for him.

If he starts scoring goals regularly he'll pay off our debts. Villa paid £40m for Buendia because he scored a load of goals from midfield in this league.

Hopefully the ghost is off his back with goals now and they'll be more regular.

Liquid Gold

Sep 16, 2013
Brizzle
I am a massive fan of COH, but some perspective is needed. Up until today he had no assists and no goals all season. To pretend that is good enough is pretty ridiculous. Even by his own standards we have seen in recent weeks that he has been frustrated with himself.

Then, look at today. He gets that goal and then literally played like Messi for the rest of the game. That is the effect that confidence can have, and at that point he would have been the last player on the pitch you would want to take off. He was like the fucking terminator. I think most of the criticism aimed at him as been pretty fair, and as I said, he knows he can do better. We all do. That player we saw today is exactly what I believe he can do, and I hope he can continue with it because his application and commitment to the club only makes me feel warm about him. Well done today Callum!
"I just don't think you understand"

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry

He had 3 assists.

Fergusons_Beard

Aug 18, 2011
We all know we have a player with Callum O’Hare and we all know his work rate is phenomenal.

I think part of the problem ( & why this thread was started) is because we he’s in the last third of the pitch (to be honest this could apply to quite a few of our players) that his final ball, be it a pass or a shot , has been lacking in the last 4/5 games.

Whether that’s down to tiredness or confidence it’s bloody frustrating when we all know how much ability he has.

I really don’t think it’s criticism just fans willing him to make that crucial pass or take the opportunity to smash it into the net-just like he did on Satdee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Nov 15, 2014
Did not get a good view of his antics in the first half (opposite end ) but in the second half he got cliped and should have gone down but stayed on his feet making him unbalanced for his pass .I personally think he should go down more often when fouled and Mac (great captain by the way) keep pointing out to the ref how many places and how many times he has been fouled.I think he is badly treated by refs.Mind you judging by the referees standard in the West Ham game (Arron Cresswellls 60's tackle) there should have no fouls given in our game.

ptr

Mar 2, 2015
When, not if, he starts adding goals to his game, he is as good as gone. We really do need to get him to sign a new contract. Would be painful seeing him leave on a free when he could be sold for millions.

SleepyGinger

Feb 5, 2020
When, not if, he starts adding goals to his game, he is as good as gone. We really do need to get him to sign a new contract. Would be painful seeing him leave on a free when he could be sold for millions.
I’m sure @wingy said we are in talks over a new contract

Users who are viewing this thread