Northampton Town FC, winding up order. Horrendous news?? (1 Viewer)

Thought as much.
Worked there for a bit when we were between homes surrounded by Northampton fans who went along.
There were a few "I could get used to this, they should move in permanently" type comments.
I really didn't get it so had to ask!
that was when boothroyd was our manager and you had wilson/clarke probably.

torchomatic

Is the world that black and white for you then? You support CCFC so presumably you support the buffoons who own our club?

He stated that he votes Labour, that would indicate support for that Buffoon Corbyn

LB87ccfc

Erm...not really.

We want/need our own stadium.
Wasps will want to turn the seats yellow at some point.
SISU have taken us to Northampton before.
Sites for a new stadium appear to be thin on the ground.
Northampton might have a stadium but no team soon.
It's a golden opportunity for SISU as the stadium development there was to include other aspects giving 365 days a year revenue.

I'm not naïve enough to think that it's a certainty to happen but off course it could happen.

Could and will are two different things.

Wasps turning seats yellow - fuck me is that what worries you?

We want / need our own stadium - Sisu tactics deployed in the ricoh arguments that they lost, they have no interest in building and cannot raise the investment required - now looking at a longer term rent deal with Wasps that benefits both parties.

Sites for new stadium - Not required - have no interest in building.

Northampton might have a stadium but no team soon - Wont happen, many a team has faced winding up petitions, worry about ourselves not them.

It's a golden opportunity for SISU as the stadium development there was to include other aspects giving 365 days a year revenue - Again no need to worry , SISU will not be moving.

SISU have taken us to Northampton before - This was trying to use bullyboy tactics with the council and done out of spite to force ACL and CCC into a corner, which failed miserably, this line of action will not be repeated.

Tell me what would Sisu get out of moving to Northampton, ok I agree with your 365 revenue comment absolutely, however from a business model that failed hugely with their comments of the fans would follow when actually there was fuck all going to games, how would they benefit?

Honestly, I think you are thinking oh maybe this or maybe that, but seriously their is nothing to worry about and you need to let the past go, its a new business model now with real football people involved.

Captain Dart

CCFC are at in Coventry at the Ricoh because it makes sense
CCFC are not at Northampton because that made no sense
CCFC have no finance, land & no planning permission for a new stadium, nothing can possibly happen on that front for years yet
CCFC are still pursuing legal attack on CCC, nothing will give till that avenue is exhausted, there are still 4 or 5 years to go
Wasps won't want to lose CCFC because that will largely destroy any relationship they have built with Coventry base Rugby fans
Wasps have no alternative to CCFC to fill the stadium regularly, they lost the Gaming convention to NEC when it out grew Ricoh

In the meanwhile, I think the rent deal will be extended, 2 years at first then another 2, the rent may go up a bit, but not massively

I think SISU mayl be ready to go if they get promotion with the club on a sustainable footing, they will try & sell the debt to the next sucker, in mean owner. I see this as a separate thread to legal action.

Skyblueweeman

We want / need our own stadium - Sisu tactics deployed in the ricoh arguments that they lost, they have no interest in building and cannot raise the investment required - now looking at a longer term rent deal with Wasps that benefits both parties.

Northampton might have a stadium but no team soon - Wont happen, many a team has faced winding up petitions, worry about ourselves not them.

It's a golden opportunity for SISU as the stadium development there was to include other aspects giving 365 days a year revenue - Again no need to worry , SISU will not be moving.

SISU have taken us to Northampton before - This was trying to use bullyboy tactics with the council and done out of spite to force ACL and CCC into a corner, which failed miserably, this line of action will not be repeated.

Tell me what would Sisu get out of moving to Northampton, ok I agree with your 365 revenue comment absolutely, however from a business model that failed hugely with their comments of the fans would follow when actually there was fuck all going to games, how would they benefit?

Honestly, I think you are thinking oh maybe this or maybe that, but seriously their is nothing to worry about and you need to let the past go, its a new business model now with real football people involved.

To reply to your post LB87ccfc:

* I'm obviously aware that could and will are two different things. I didn't say they will. I said 'could'. Regardless of the unlikely event of it happening, it could happen. That's all I was saying.
* I have a few things worrying me at the moment...hitting end of year targets at work, how much can I save for my mortgage in the next 12 months, what if the Mrs gets me something for Xmas that I hate. The seats turning yellow isn't something I'm worried about. I was putting it as fact that it could and probably will happen at some point. At that point, it will feel less like home and create more unrest amongst fans. Wait for that to happen and watch the shit go down on here...
* Wasps owning the Ricoh will never be the ideal scenario for our club, no matter how good a deal they cut us (and rumours abound that they're whacking up the rent). Surely it's better for us to own our own piece of real estate and get all the money we can from it, rather than rent and get 'what we can'? My statement on that wasn't fact...it was my opinion...I think we need to own our own stadium for the aforementioned reasons.
* SISU might have no interest in building a new stadium (although this isn't 100% confirmed, regardless of how unlikely it is). Who's to say that a new owner comes in and doesn't want to look at another site for a new ground?
* I agree about the 'commonality' of winding up orders. Just because they've not worked before and followed through, doesn't mean it won't in the future.
* I also agree it's unlikely that SISU would take us to Northampton again. That said, judging on past endeavours, I'm not naïve enough to think they wouldn't consider something like this again, especially now they've seen Wasps do exactly that.
* SISU wouldn't benefit initially from moving the team to Northampton, not in terms of fan base anyway. In terms of a saleable asset though, they'd have a stadium with access to 365 a day revenues. More appealing that just some players?

Listen, I don't think this will happen...I think you and I are agreed on that. My points above though are to suggest that personally, I am no naïve enough to think that it 100% won't happen. It's conceivable that the above could happen...could, not will.

Again, I agree that there seems to be a new direction that the club is taking, both on and off the field. However, the fact remains that SW, TF and JS are all still involved with our club. Whilst they remain here, I'm not ruling out anything.

Respectfully,

WM

LB87ccfc

To reply to your post LB87ccfc:

* I'm obviously aware that could and will are two different things. I didn't say they will. I said 'could'. Regardless of the unlikely event of it happening, it could happen. That's all I was saying.
* I have a few things worrying me at the moment...hitting end of year targets at work, how much can I save for my mortgage in the next 12 months, what if the Mrs gets me something for Xmas that I hate. The seats turning yellow isn't something I'm worried about. I was putting it as fact that it could and probably will happen at some point. At that point, it will feel less like home and create more unrest amongst fans. Wait for that to happen and watch the shit go down on here...
* Wasps owning the Ricoh will never be the ideal scenario for our club, no matter how good a deal they cut us (and rumours abound that they're whacking up the rent). Surely it's better for us to own our own piece of real estate and get all the money we can from it, rather than rent and get 'what we can'? My statement on that wasn't fact...it was my opinion...I think we need to own our own stadium for the aforementioned reasons.
* SISU might have no interest in building a new stadium (although this isn't 100% confirmed, regardless of how unlikely it is). Who's to say that a new owner comes in and doesn't want to look at another site for a new ground?
* I agree about the 'commonality' of winding up orders. Just because they've not worked before and followed through, doesn't mean it won't in the future.
* I also agree it's unlikely that SISU would take us to Northampton again. That said, judging on past endeavours, I'm not naïve enough to think they wouldn't consider something like this again, especially now they've seen Wasps do exactly that.
* SISU wouldn't benefit initially from moving the team to Northampton, not in terms of fan base anyway. In terms of a saleable asset though, they'd have a stadium with access to 365 a day revenues. More appealing that just some players?

Listen, I don't think this will happen...I think you and I are agreed on that. My points above though are to suggest that personally, I am no naïve enough to think that it 100% won't happen. It's conceivable that the above could happen...could, not will.

Again, I agree that there seems to be a new direction that the club is taking, both on and off the field. However, the fact remains that SW, TF and JS are all still involved with our club. Whilst they remain here, I'm not ruling out anything.

Respectfully,

WM

Fair comments mate, lets hope for the best that nothing dreadful happens again and they are trying to go in the right direction. PUSB

Otis

I'm sure that some on here said if they change the colour of the seats then that's them done and they won't go anymore.

I find that incredulous and mystifying myself. If that's all it takes for people to turn their backs on a club, then ....well, words fail me.

I want the seats to stay as they are of course, but City securing a future here in Coventry has to be all and end all if at all possible and the seat colour just seems infinitesimally small in comparison.

I don't particularly care if the seats are purple polka dot as long as I can sit in my seat and watch my team in a stadium that is in Coventry and that was purpose built for us.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I'm sure that some on here said if they change the colour of the seats then that's them done and they won't go anymore.

I find that incredulous and mystifying myself. If that's all it takes for people to turn their backs on a club, then ....well, words fail me.

I want the seats to stay as they are of course, but City securing a future here in Coventry has to be all and end all if at all possible and the seat colour just seems infinitesimally small in comparison.

I don't particularly care if the seats are purple polka dot as long as I can sit in my seat and watch my team in a stadium that is in Coventry and that was purpose built for us.

I was with you as far as "polka dots".

There are limits.....

stevefloyd

Oops I don't mean 'there' that it was their stadium to blame.. just the low feeling of 'our' club being stolen away from us... Hopefully some one will come in and save Northampton

Users who are viewing this thread