Newcastle Brown (2 Viewers)

Monners

You are not alone at all - lovely drop of stuff. It's just the belting hangover that I can't handle :wacky:

Sky_Blue_Daz

Never tried it, strictly a lager man with the odd fling with Guinness

olderskyblue

Prefer Manns Brown, but difficult to get it these days

edited to say no homophobic jokes please...

eastwoodsdustman

Used to drink it to excess a long time ago but it gave me what I thought was the start of piles:yuck: so I knocked it on the head.

rondog1973

Love it. Can be a bit pricey in some establishments though and have heard from more than one person that a few of them can send them a bit, well...yampy.

martcov

I have it on draught and in the bottle in my pub - in Germany. Prefer the bottle ( drinking out of it ). I woke up once in the TV room in the Coundon Club, after drinking too much NBA, with Tommy Hutchinson squeezing my cock and trying to get it into a Newcastle bottle ( didn't fit, needless to say).

NorthernWisdom

I have it on draught and in the bottle in my pub - in Germany. Prefer the bottle ( drinking out of it ). I woke up once in the TV room in the Coundon Club, after drinking too much NBA, with Tommy Hutchinson squeezing my cock and trying to get it into a Newcastle bottle ( didn't fit, needless to say).

Not sure why I was more shocked at the thought of it on draught than the second half of that.

Anyway, one of the few drinks where bottled is def best.

asiaskyblues

Used to play rugby years ago and as a 16 year old was not big enough for the first 3 teams, so played for the 4th team which was made up of young hopefuls, like myself, and old has-beens who enjoyed a game and the drinking. Seems okay you may think but I played with a geordie captain and this was in Lincoln. Our captain had this custom of when we played an away game and on our way home we stop at EVERY pub and drink them dry of newcastle brown. And every away game the coach had to do a detour to our house to be carried off the bus. Great days I think!!!

stupot07

Never tried it......reading some of the comments about its effect around the bottom area I think I'll stay well clear.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

Can always remember my dad drinking it out of a stein mug he was given, so when I saw it in the pub I went through a phase of drinking it, but it made me want to fight the world so I stopped as I'm not much good at fighting

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Can always remember my dad drinking it out of a stein mug he was given, so when I saw it in the pub I went through a phase of drinking it, but it made me want to fight the world so I stopped as I'm not much good at fighting

Sent from my SM-G925F suing Tapatalk

Worse then carling premier?

Johnnythespider

Worse then carling premier?
The effect it had on me has only ever been surpassed by Tennents super strength, a lager so strong it used to cling to the side of the glass like syrup.

Just had a quick look to remind myself and it is 9%

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

W

westcountry_skyblue

I remember buying 4 cans of tennents super from an offy before the charity shield,Sat on the grass by Wembley and can't remember much of the game or the England v Holland U21 before hand.
Strong stuff !!!

Sick Boy

I think all these real ales and local brews are something we Brits and Irish should be proud of. There aren't many countries in the world that can boast such riches

What about the likes of France, Spain and Italy where even little towns have their own wine?

Ranjit Bhurpa

Prefer Manns Brown, but difficult to get it these days

edited to say no homophobic jokes please...

Went in Savers discount store this morning and they were selling bottles of Manns Brown Ale for £1 each. Bottles were a bit bigger than I remember, maybe about three quarter pint size.

olderskyblue

Went in Savers discount store this morning and they were selling bottles of Manns Brown Ale for £1 each. Bottles were a bit bigger than I remember, maybe about three quarter pint size.

Where is that?

Ranjit Bhurpa

Where is that?

Sadly OSB it's Savers discount store here in Crewe, never seen them there before though. Could always pack half a dozen in the car and bring down to next home match.
Had a look on their website, they have a branch in Cov on Cross Cheaping but doesn't look like they sell alcohol there.

Users who are viewing this thread