Moving House (3 Viewers)

Otis

So we are moving out in 2 weeks , the house we are buying has nearly gone through probate, hoping to be in within 3 weeks . Needs a lot of working doing but will start in the new year. Bearing in mind we started the process in the spring I was hoping to be out and in by the end of the summer. Not the best time of year to be moving but it will all be worth it in the end
Mad isn't it.

We had the offer accepted on the house we are moving into, in early June.

We are finally moving in on the 30th November. We too hoped to be in by the end of August at least.

It's nuts.

wingy

Mad isn't it.

We had the offer accepted on the house we are moving into, in early June.

We are finally moving in on the 30th November. We too hoped to be in by the end of August at least.

It's nuts.
I was close to a year on a inter family transaction and we still had to do the conveyancing, back and forth,back and forth.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I want to move into it ASAP and get the work started early new year I have a weeks annual leave in the middle of December so plan on giving it the mother and father of a deep clean , I want to just shampoo the carpets let them dry then go over them with shake and vac for the time being but my wife wants to throw them out. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere

wingy

I want to move into it ASAP and get the work started early new year I have a weeks annual leave in the middle of December so plan on giving it the mother and father of a deep clean , I want to just shampoo the carpets let them dry then go over them with shake and vac for the time being but my wife wants to throw them out. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere
Win the argument here there's no point in new until all the craps down

Sky_Blue_Daz

To be honest there is an ' Aroma' from the hall carpet I just thought it would better to clean them best as i can till we start the work

Flying Fokker

Last move, I went shopping for a couple of hours on the day. Mrs and son were not pleased. But it was worth the ear ache on my return.

Corrado

To be honest there is an ' Aroma' from the hall carpet I just thought it would better to clean them best as i can till we start the work

This is 100% worth the £200 cost - as good as professional carpet cleaner that you can hire - The colour of the water that comes up will disgust you.

A god send if you have a stupid Labrador that doesn't know how to wipe her feet

NorthernWisdom

This is 100% worth the £200 cost - as good as professional carpet cleaner that you can hire - The colour of the water that comes up will disgust you.

A god send if you have a stupid Labrador that doesn't know how to wipe her feet
Hmmm, I was just looking at them and wondering whether to buy one. Didn't expect my very next move to come on here and read a recommendation!

Corrado

The only problem with the Vax is the liquid you are meant to use (vac platinum) costs about £40! It does last a while tho

NorthernWisdom

Langers70

Accepted an offer on my parents house in the middle of July.Conveyencers just love dragging it out dont they.And its always the other sides fault isnt it?

Langers70

Some charge for what they do
Mine doesnt do a lot.Had an issue from the other side about a boundary moving.It was a new fence put up in 1984 after the old one blew down.My side said theyd contacted LLoyds about this,as there was a charge from them on the titles,and we may have to pay indemnity insurance.Asked her how it was going after a few weeks,and she said she hadnt got a reply.I made one phone call and got the relevant email address.Hey presto it was sorted in 3 days.

Sky_Blue_Daz

We’re moving out next week , the guy who we are buying our property off has gone silent since we sent him the surveyors report .

Langers70

Just spoke to my buyer,they signed the contract 3 weeks ago.My conveyencer said she hadnt heard back from them yet.Absolute bullshit artist.Ive just emailed her :mad:

Kneeza

I've moved/sold several houses over the last few years.
Almost every time has been a slow stressful mess (apart from one which was inexplicably quick and easy).
I'd love to sell up, as would the dragon, and move to France, but I'm getting too old - now I'm in a position financially and family-wise - to do so.
The irony.

Otis

I'm never moving again if I can help it!
That's exactly what my missus just said. She's done with it all.

I don't think we ever would anyway. We have found a really nice place and it's only 8 mins walk from the beach and town centre and 10 mins walk from the train station.

It's been very stressful, but hopefully all worth it in the end.

Move next Thursday.🤞

Users who are viewing this thread