Moving House (1 Viewer)

Kneeza

That's exactly what my missus just said. She's done with it all.

I don't think we ever would anyway. We have found a really nice place and it's only 8 mins walk from the beach and town centre and 10 mins walk from the train station.

It's been very stressful, but hopefully all worth it in the end.

Move next Thursday.🤞
Whereabouts are you moving to, if you don't mind me asking?

Langers70

So now the final completion date is 1st December instead of Friday.After me getting final meter readings and sending them to the suppliers today.The fun never ends.

Otis

Hopefully all goes well for us both now Otis.Its starting to wind me up.
Same.

We were supposed to be moving at the end of August and it kept getting put back

Then we were given the 7th November, so we packed everything a few days before and started living out of boxes. We are still living out of boxes.

Someone at the top of the chain decided they weren't budging until the 30th.

🙄

Langers70

Same.

Then we were given the 7th November, so we packed everything a few days before and started living out of boxes. We are still living out of boxes.

🙄
Christ thats some delay and heres me moaning about a weeks delay.Im lucky i suppose as im only selling and not buying.Absolute pain in the arse for us and the buyers though,with both conveyencers dicking about.

NorthernWisdom

Same.

🙄
FWIW when we were buying we were told the chain would be broken as the people two above us were happy to rent while they looked for a house. Always seemed too good to be true and it was, they decided to buy and wanted to put the date back three months. As Mrs Wisdom was expecting a baby(!) I said I'd pull out and also pointed out prices had fallen since we'd had our offer accepted, so they'd never get the same again. Focussed minds, but only as much as my seller ended up the one renting!

Otis

FWIW when we were buying we were told the chain would be broken as the people two above us were happy to rent while they looked for a house. Always seemed too good to be true and it was, they decided to buy and wanted to put the date back three months. As Mrs Wisdom was expecting a baby(!) I said I'd pull out and also pointed out prices had fallen since we'd had our offer accepted, so they'd never get the same again. Focussed minds, but only as much as my seller ended up the one renting!
Yes, definitely

We threatened to pull out too, well the missus did. It's her house.

The people at the top were renting and wanted to wait until the end of the month, when their rental agreement ran out.

We threatened to pull out, but they wouldn't budge. 🤷

Langers70

Yes, definitely

We threatened to pull out too, well the missus did. It's her house.

The people at the top were renting and wanted to wait until the end of the month, when their rental agreement ran out.

We threatened to pull out, but they wouldn't budge. 🤷
I think my buyers are renting.Makes sense for them to put it back a week i suppose.

Sky_Blue_Daz

We are moving out this week, removal company taking all our furniture tomorrow and our buyers are moving in on friday, got to move in with me mum and dad for a couple of weeks, been told our solicitor's finish on the 15th of December so the searches may not be done till the new year

This is my last move, planning the kitchen and bathroom for back end of January and feb hopefully all done by easter

Langers70

Ours is in limbo. 🙄

Supposed to complete and move on Thursday. There's been a cyber attack and up to 200 solicitors have been affected. No exchanges, no completions.

Wonderful. 🙄
Blimey you dont have much luck :( Not heard anything from mine,so hoping everythings still ok for Friday.

Otis

Blimey you dont have much luck :( Not heard anything from mine,so hoping everythings still ok for Friday.
It's our buyer's solicitor that has been affected. Ours is fine. Don't know about the rest of the chain, but nothing moving at all right now.

Hoping they get it sorted. 🤞

Otis

Thats rotten luck Otis
Fingers crossed it's sorted, but they haven't requested funds from our buyer yet and that's supposed to be 5 days notice.

Obviously, we are all packed and living out of boxes and have removals all booked and everything too.

Going to cost quite a lot if it's delayed past Thursday.

Hoping they can somehow find a way to get it done in time.

Screenshot_2023-11-27-13-35-52-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Mr Panda

Just a quick post to have a moan how difficult it is selling a house in this current property market. Currently in a state of limbo after a relationship coming to an end and it's very difficult to keep the confidence up that the house will be sold anytime soon!

Praying for a little post Christmas activity and some buyers being tempted by the interest rates ever so slightly dropping

Langers70

Luckily neither conveyencer in my case,has been affected by this cyber attack.We're good to go.Hope your situation gets sorted out for Thursday Otis.

Langers70

Just a quick post to have a moan how difficult it is selling a house in this current property market. Currently in a state of limbo after a relationship coming to an end and it's very difficult to keep the confidence up that the house will be sold anytime soon!

Praying for a little post Christmas activity and some buyers being tempted by the interest rates ever so slightly dropping
Its taken me from accepting an offer in July,till 1st December for completion.Parents house was on the market for about for about 2 months.Had a few offers but were getting low balled until an acceptable offer was made.I dont envy you,its all a stressful pain in the arse.

Otis

No, it looks like it's not going to happen.

The solicitor involved still can't get into his system, so they are saying the move cannot go ahead. They are at least a week behind with backlogs.

How annoying. We have booked removals, changed our address, my missus has booked days off, we have booked for broadband to be fitted, booked the dogs into a kennel. We are going to lose hundreds of pounds unfortunately.

My daughter was coming over from Bristol too (train paid for) and we are booked to see a show in Folkestone on Friday night. 🤦

Everything is packed, beds have been dismantled and taken down. It's a disaster. 🤦

We think everyone in the chain will sue to be honest.

One of people will are buying off is a nurse and she had to fight tooth and nail to get Thursday off unfortunately. She is going to be mightily miffed

We are now not even sure we can move before Christmas.

We have so much now booked for things going on in Folkstone around Christmas, so it's a real pain.

Hope no-one else on here has been hit. 🤞

Langers70

No, it looks like it's not going to happen.

The solicitor involved still can't get into his system, so they are saying the move cannot go ahead. They are at least a week behind with backlogs.

How annoying. We have booked removals, changed our address, my missus has booked days off, we have booked for broadband to be fitted, booked the dogs into a kennel. We are going to lose hundreds of pounds unfortunately.

My daughter was coming over from Bristol too (train paid for) and we are booked to see a show in Folkestone on Friday night. 🤦

Everything is packed, beds have been dismantled and taken down. It's a disaster. 🤦

We think everyone in the chain will sue to be honest.

One of people will are buying off is a nurse and she had to fight tooth and nail to get Thursday off unfortunately. She is going to be mightily miffed

We are now not even sure we can move before Christmas.

We have so much now booked for things going on in Folkstone around Christmas, so it's a real pain.

Hope no-one else on here has been hit. 🤞
Jesus that’s horrendous news 😞

Otis

As a small aside (and I appreciate this may be bad timing for me to say!!) I was told by my solicitor always pay extra for the insurance for removal companies for if dates change.

I guess you have proved why it is a worthwhile cost(!) but I'm a bit scared to ask if you did or not...
Nope. It was my missus who did it. She says they are just a small firm and they themselves didn't offer any insurance option.

We certainly would do it next time though, not that we ever wish to move again

Users who are viewing this thread