Moving House (2 Viewers)

Langers70

That’s brilliant new mate, must be such a relief.

If I was the firm you were using I’d be on the phone to tell you they’ll be handing your move free of charge and hope that’s the last they hear of it.

No way they should be making a mistake like that. It would have flagged that it was HSBC not CBS and there’s clearly no way the name on the account could have matched.
Exactly i clocked HSBC on the remittance form straight away

Otis

Hows your situation going?
Stuck. Nowhere.

The affected party (our buyer) can't even get through to her solicitor any more and neither can our own solicitor. 🤷

The problem we have is that our buyer's mortgage deal runs out in 2 weeks and if we go past that, god knows what will happen.

They would then have to apply again I guess and since their deal 6 months ago, rates have jumped and they may no longer qualify.

We are hoping that there will be an extension of some kind and their deal will be honoured, but we just don't know.

Bottom line is, we are still in the same place we were last week.

Langers70

Stuck. Nowhere.

The affected party (our buyer) can't even get through to her solicitor any more and neither can our own solicitor. 🤷

The problem we have is that our buyer's mortgage deal runs out in 2 weeks and if we go past that, god knows what will happen.

They would then have to apply again I guess and since their deal 6 months ago, rates have jumped and they may no longer qualify.

We are hoping that there will be an extension of some kind and their deal will be honoured, but we just don't know.

I would hope theyd extend.Surely they have to dont they? With that cyber attack throwing everything into chaos.

hill83

Stuck. Nowhere.

The whole thing is an absolute antiquated shambles.

The bank side of things I understand to a degree, but the rest is an absolute fucking joke. Purely to justify jobs in my opinion.

Otis

Update

And this will cause a smile or two, after all the technological talk.

It's going ahead and all the financial agreement documentation and administration forms are being sorted out by.......fax.

😍😂

Looks like we can move on Friday.

Our solicitor has said "why didn't they just do this in the first place!"

So, it's a manual override.

shmmeee

Whole system is fucked. House seller should have all reports and everything sorted like they do EPC. Surveyor, local searches, everything. If mortgage companies want to do more they can. Really don’t see why lawyers are involved so much TBH. They seem to do very little and do it very badly.

Langers70

Update

And this will cause a smile or two, after all the technological talk.

It's going ahead and all the financial agreement documentation and administration forms are being sorted out by.......fax.

😍😂

Looks like we can move on Friday.

Our solicitor has said "why didn't they just do this in the first place!"

So, it's a manual override.
Yesssss great news:)

Otis

Found the blockage in the en-suite, which your mother-in-law has filled up with her shit while staying over to help with your newborn, but decides not to tell you until it starts overflowing as she doesn't want to worry you? That kind of thing...?
How on earth do you know my mother-in-law?

Langers70

Anyway, we are in.

Everything was sort of smooth until we turned up at the property and it was still full of the seller's stuff. 😂😂

All sorted now and I can't wait for the mouthwateringly, big football fixture coming up down here....

View attachment 32759

Be there or be a series of squares .😍
Really happy to hear this news :)

Sky_Blue_Daz

So the solicitors have broke up for Christmas holidays nothing will be done till they go back with I’m guessing will be the 8th of January been at me mum and dads for 3 weeks which has its challenges as they both have dementia . Mum tries to be helpful and I’m going to sound ungrateful but creates twice as much work

Me wife and daughter are in one room loving out of boxes , been pretty stressful I’m trying to keep it together but have found myself getting a bit niggly

A girl at work moved house last week and took great delight in how easy everything was , had to bite my tongue on that to be honest . Will all be worth it in a couple of weeks and deffo worth it this time next year

Last edited:

Mr Panda

Banks are getting competitive again and rates are coming down. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for some nibbles very soon as mortgages creep towards looking somewhat affordable-ish again though I reckon people will be holding out longer to see how far they go.

I had absolutely nothing in terms of viewings for a few months before Christmas except for a random Iranian cash buyer who was relocating to the UK from Dubai.

Sky_Blue_Daz

According to our solicitors the searches will be done by Friday then it’s all systems go

Can’t lie to you lads and I know I’ll sound ungrateful and a bit of a tosser but living with me mum and dad has been really hard, it’s no one’s fault stress of moving, Christmas both parents have dementia and Alzheimer’s and literally living under each other’s feet . But everyday that goes by is another day closer to getting into the house

There has been some good laughs too though

chiefdave

Can’t lie to you lads and I know I’ll sound ungrateful and a bit of a tosser but living with me mum and dad has been really hard,
I ended up back at my parents for a few weeks when I moved back from Portsmouth during the glorious period of getting divorced and trying to find a new job due to redundancy. To be frank it was a nightmare and I’m glad it was only for a few weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread