Messi/Suarez penalty (3 Viewers)

jimmyhillsfanclub

Only 10/1 on a hatrick?? .....really?

...I'd change bookies mate.

tom88

Only 10/1 on a hatrick?? .....really?

...I'd change bookies mate.

weren't much better with everyone else (I have about 5 different accounts with various bookmakers)

I only took it with Sky Bat as I had fund in there from winnings last week

Sky Blue Kid

It's called a "Tap Penalty" and is legal....
[h=2]Tap penalty[/h] A two-man penalty, or "tap" penalty, occurs when the penalty-taker, instead of shooting to score a goal, taps the ball slightly forward so that a team-mate can run on to it. The team-mate, like all other players, must be at least ten yards from the penalty mark when the ball is initially kicked. This strategy depends on the element of surprise, so that the team-mate can reach the ball ahead of any defenders. The first recorded two-man penalty was taken by Rik Coppens and André Piters in the World Cup Qualifying match Belgium v Iceland on 5 June 1957. Arsenal players Thierry Henry and Robert Pirès famously failed in an attempt at a similar penalty in 2005, during a Premier League match against Manchester City at Highbury. Pirès ran in to take the kick, attempted to pass to the onrushing Henry, but miskicked; as he had touched the ball (but barely moved it), he could not touch it again, and City defender Sylvain Distin reached the ball before Henry could.[SUP][1][/SUP]
Lionel Messi tapped one penalty for Luis Suarez for him to complete his hatrick on 14 February 2016 against league opponents Celta De Vigo

bringbackrattles

Have to say never seen anything like this before. What happened to the normal penalty taking ? It looks confusing for all involved,the ref and the keeper,but if we did it and scored I'd probably say wow that was clever !

OffenhamSkyBlue

It's called a "Tap Penalty" and is legal....
Tap penalty

The team-mate, like all other players, must be at least ten yards from the penalty mark when the ball is initially kicked.

... and therefore should not have stood, as Suarez can be seen inside the D before the initial kick!!!!

Gazolba

I always thought a penalty was a form of direct free kick and as such passing to another player was disallowed. I was surprised it is legal and in my opinion it should be banned.

JimmyHillsbeard

Yes in a shoot-out, the ball is dead the moment it is kicked, hence no rebounds off keeper or post are allowed.

Are you absolutely sure about this? A player takes a penalty it strikes the post, hits the diving keeper and rebounds into the net and you say it's not a goal? Really?

chiefdave

Are you absolutely sure about this? A player takes a penalty it strikes the post, hits the diving keeper and rebounds into the net and you say it's not a goal? Really?

According to google it would be a goal. Happened in a world cup game and the penalty stood. The law was clarified after to state it was the correct decision.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Does it count as a missed penalty totally arrogant and typical of that team, also when Neymar took the mickey out of the that player by flicking it over his head next time I would have tackled him it would have been round his throat.

When they showed it last night he looked in the d to me.

Is skill now taking the mickey out of someone? Hope Jacob Murphy never tries any step overs or running past anyone ever again... Jeez man

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Clever bit of skill - Taking the piss, disrespectful pansies

Two footed tackle - Pure commitment, good on the lad, proper mans game...

People wonder why we struggle to produce quality footballers.

OffenhamSkyBlue

In a slightly tangential move related to this story, has anyone seen the utter misogynistic filth that has been directed at BTSport and 5 Live's Lynsey Hipgrave on Twitter, simply for deeming to make comment on this penalty? There are some f**king cavemen in this world.

OffenhamSkyBlue

A couple of choice examples:-

This is why women should stay in the kitchen and keep their mouth's shut or around my cock
Forest Echo News (whoever they are): And ladies and gentlemen, this is why we don't hire any females unless we need our dicks sucked or our food cooked.

Adam Hills said: I'm appalled at the abuse @lynseyhipgrave1 copped for tweeting an opinion about football. Amazed that people think like that.

skyblueinBaku

A couple of choice examples:-

This is why women should stay in the kitchen and keep their mouth's shut or around my cock
Forest Echo News (whoever they are): And ladies and gentlemen, this is why we don't hire any females unless we need our dicks sucked or our food cooked.

Adam Hills said: I'm appalled at the abuse @lynseyhipgrave1 copped for tweeting an opinion about football. Amazed that people think like that.

That's appalling.

Otis

Saying the 'way the penalty was taken was disrespectful,' is just offering an opinion and it has nothing to do with gender or age or knowledge of football.

I'm sure plenty of men have expressed the same thing and posters across football forums the world over.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

OffenhamSkyBlue

Saying the 'way the penalty was taken was disrespectful,' is just offering an opinion and it has nothing to do with gender or age or knowledge of football.

I'm sure plenty of men have expressed the same thing and posters across football forums the world over.

Including here, in fact!

Otis

Indeed.

I see it more as daft than disrespectful. Could all so easily gone tits up and made him look foolish.

Can understand people saying they think it is disrespectful though. Would say that is a very valid opinion to hold.

OffenhamSkyBlue

But the view that the opinion is not valid to be held by a woman broadcaster is obnoxious in the extreme. Hope they may get outed on the Last Leg on Friday.

covcity4life

what was her tweet? pro or anti the penalty?

lynseys alright,fills in for james irchardson on BT euro show and doesnt annoy me like gabby yorath

covcity4life

also no one seems to grasp that its a legit tactic to catch the keeper by surprise. so why not try it once a friggen decade?

i have known since i was a child that you can pass from a pen, bit surprised that so many had no idea

Terry Gibson's perm

Is skill now taking the mickey out of someone? Hope Jacob Murphy never tries any step overs or running past anyone ever again... Jeez man

There is skill which Neymar has plenty of and there is taking the piss which is what he has done here, let's see him do it against Real Madrid or one of the good sides rather than a team from the dog and duck, I understand that Neymar and this chap have previous can't wait for the next game.

As for the penalty it should have been disallowed as he was in the d poor reffing

SkyBlueSid

There is skill which Neymar has plenty of and there is taking the piss which is what he has done here, let's see him do it against Real Madrid or one of the good sides rather than a team from the dog and duck, I understand that Neymar and this chap have previous can't wait for the next game.

As for the penalty it should have been disallowed as he was in the d poor reffing

To suggest that Celta Vigo are a Dog & Duck team is certainly disrespectful. They are a very decent team and gave as good as they got for an hour. They are a top half team that won the return fixture 4-1 earlier in the season, so there was a score to settle. As for Neymar - do you really think he wouldn't showboat against the Billionaire Boys Club? He did so in the 4-0 hammering of Real in November at the Bernabeu.

Suarez was marginally in the D for sure. Look at an penalty taken in any game this weekend and see if you can find one where that isn't the case. If there was a retake for every bit of encroachment every penalty would take 20 minutes to complete. Why not just enjoy a bit of special skill, we see little enough of it in the Premier League, let alone Div.3.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

You know, that dog and duck team that beat this Barcelona team 4-1 just four months ago...

Ignorance at its finest. Neymar reminds me of that other disrespectful Brazilian... You know that Ronaldinho guy, who lit up world football for a few years with a smile on his face. So disrespectful...

Users who are viewing this thread