Les Reid: Ray Ranson & ex-CCFC people may be in on a club/Ricoh takeover plot (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Is that the same Hoffman and Elliott that wanted to close the Academy?

All has slippery as each other :(

They are, hence the rock and hard place comment. But given that they're both roughly as bad as each other I would take an option that has us permanently at the Ricoh, possibly with ownership under the same group of companies over one that seemingly has no idea where we will be playing in a few years time.

I know supporting is it can be a bit dangerous to say it can't be any worse but SISU are not really putting forward a strong argument that they have a viable long term plan.

Nick

Administrator
Fixed that.

It is all well and good the CET obviously not being able to post "Ranson involved in deal" as we don't know 100%, but surely they could have done the digging and seen he is linked with a company if that is the case and written about that?

skybluetony176

So if Les Reid is correct we have a side to pick out of:

1) SISU - have no plans to even attempt purchase of the Ricoh. Insist new ground, outside Coventry, will be ready within 2-4 despite zero evidence anything has actually happened. Have run up the largest debts we have ever had, 2 points deductions, administration and liquidation, a move to Northampton, decimated the level of support and have dropped the club to it's lowest playing level in most supporters living memory

2) A Richardson (no relation to that one hopefully!), Hoffman, Elliott, Ranson consortium - the majority of those people don't have what you would call a glowing history with the club however I suppose you may consider it a plus that HER (as I'm going to call them) all resigned or were forced out based on being against SISUs plans for the club. Hoffman and Elliott are fans of course which is a plus point as you would think they wouldn't want to complete screw us over. You would have to think that Ranson knows enough about the club and the stadium to only come back if he thinks he can turn things around. The biggest plus is it would seem to unite the club and ground, something we've been after for a long time.

It's basically choosing between a rock and a hard place but I think I'd have to side with the new consortium. Owners come and go (hopefully at some point!) but the danger is if we stick with SISU we will end up with no ground at all or permanently renting with little to no chance of ownership. At least with the consortium it would appear that we will have a more saleable package with the club and ground united so when we are fed up of them and trying to force them out there's more chance of other parties being interested in taking over.

I think you're making a good point. I'd like to know more about this consortium first though. Once bitten twice shy and all that. Thank you Les and Joy, without your input today I would still be 100% against the proposed ACL take over but now I'm intrigued to know more about them so I can make an informed decision. Cheers to the both of you, I'll raise a glass of Guinness to you both once the kids have gone to bed.

RPHunt

This is SISU's Mickey Mouse world.

They are briefing journalists that do not have a paper to write for and releasing press announcements through a "fan's group" with two members.

torchomatic

Wasn't there a set of minutes that stated he wanted to close it down?

Is that the same Elliott who raised 250k to keep the Academy going?

Not All as slippery as each other:thinking about:

torchomatic

Sorry, didn't see Nick make the same point.

wingy

Is this the same Hoffman who through Micheal offered to pay the rent and £50K+1 to buy the Club about two months back ,while being Involved with Wasps Consortium ,Really??

stupot07

Is this the same Hoffman who through Micheal offered to pay the rent and £50K+1 to buy the Club about two months back ,while being Involved with Wasps Consortium ,Really??

The same rent that would be paid back if we had more than attendances were 5k+? Weren't they also planning to take interest on top of that?( I can't remember)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

torchomatic

Obviously there are different levels of fiendishly evil. They are probably a couple of steps down from SISU on that scale. Still wouldn't want any of the cunts near my club though.

Seriously? Compared to SISU, they're the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost!

Nonleagueherewecome

Elliott sat there having a tug while he watched previous boards bend the club over and bang the back out of it. He shouldn't be allowed to even watch our matches nevermind be involved with any kind of control over our club

It's all relative though, isn't it? I agree that he's a joke, but at times has sponsored the club and I'm sure genuinely does support us, no matter how clueless and self-opinionated he may be. I'm incredulous that some people get into such a frenzy vilifying him and Hoffman when they never have a cross word to say about SISU, who's heart-if they do have one-could never be considered to be in the right place, not to mention the infinite times more damage that they have done to the club. How can people hate them and not hate SISU more?

stupot07

Hang on. Could this be a double bluff by ACL. See that fans are against this wasps move, worried about taking flak, and through contacts give Les Reid a sneaky tip off that Ranson's involved and it includes a club takeover, with the purpose of turning fan opinion into supporting the move by appealing to fans desperation of getting rid of sisu? Spin, smoke and mirrors...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nonleagueherewecome

Obviously there are different levels of fiendishly evil. They are probably a couple of steps down from SISU on that scale. Still wouldn't want any of the cunts near my club though.

Fair enough.

Nick

Administrator
It's all relative though, isn't it? I agree that he's a joke, but at times has sponsored the club and I'm sure genuinely does support us, no matter how clueless and self-opinionated he may be. I'm incredulous that some people get into such a frenzy vilifying him and Hoffman when they never have a cross word to say about SISU, who's heart-if they do have one-could never be considered to be in the right place, not to mention the infinite times more damage that they have done to the club. How can people hate them and not hate SISU more?

Who has said they don't? What part of "They are all" doesn't make sense or does it need some sort of calculation on a chart to show them? I very much doubt there is anybody who dislikes Hoffman and Elliott but loves SISU. Judging by that charity game though, a large % who seem to hate sisu seem to love Elliott the way he was being worshiped (literally).

Some of the grown men there foaming at the gash when he walked onto the pitch was embarrassing, it was like a one direction concert with some of them.

Edit : Torch beat me to it.

torchomatic

If that's aimed at me, i do hate SISU more. And similarly I'm incredulous that Elliott seems like some kind of saint when he ain't.

wingy

The same rent that would be paid back if we had more than attendances were 5k+? Weren't they also planning to take interest on top of that?( I can't remember)

Yes Stu ,was trying to make the point that how Odd it would be that he brokered that offer while simultaneously being Involved with this consortia .

Somethings amiss IMO.

stupot07

Yes Stu ,was trying to make the point that how Odd it would be that he brokered that offer while simultaneously being Involved with this consortia .

Somethings amiss IMO.

I don't trust any of them.

Grendel

Hang on. Could this be a double bluff by ACL. See that fans are against this wasps move, worried about taking flak, and through contacts give Les Reid a sneaky tip off that Ranson's involved and it includes a club takeover, with the purpose of turning fan opinion into supporting the move by appealing to fans desperation of getting rid of sisu? Spin, smoke and mirrors...

Well something stinks that's for sure. ACL have form in trying to force ownership change so why not.

Nonleagueherewecome

If that's aimed at me, i do hate SISU more. And similarly I'm incredulous that Elliott seems like some kind of saint when he ain't.

You don't say it about SISU as much as you do ACL/CCC/Hoffman/Elliott, though, you have to admit! I think you hate them more than SISU based on what you post, but I don't know why. And it's aimed as much at a dozen other posters as it is you.

lordsummerisle

Eurofin specialize in raising finance for the sports and leisure industries. They have done this successfully for both football and rugger clubs. Ray Ranson has acted as consultant for them for some time.

It takes the genius of the MIDLANDS JOURNALIST Of THE YEAR to turn this into a scare story.

What happened to the Football League investigation into Ray Ranson anyway?

Did it get dropped when he "resigned" as Chairman?

Nonleagueherewecome

Who has said they don't? What part of "They are all" doesn't make sense or does it need some sort of calculation on a chart to show them? I very much doubt there is anybody who dislikes Hoffman and Elliott but loves SISU. Judging by that charity game though, a large % who seem to hate sisu seem to love Elliott the way he was being worshiped (literally).

Some of the grown men there foaming at the gash when he walked onto the pitch was embarrassing, it was like a one direction concert with some of them.

Edit : Torch beat me to it.

Just some semblance of even-handedness in the rage you articulate to demonstrate that would be nice: some people rarely criticise SISU but are all over the other side at any opportunity. Why don't you just admit-to yourselves, at least-that you hate ACL/CCC etc more than SISU? You're allowed to!

And I don't know anybody who is in the Joe Elliott Fanclub myself.

Nick

Administrator
Just some semblance of even-handedness in the rage you articulate to demonstrate that would be nice: some people rarely criticise SISU but are all over the other side at any opportunity. Why don't you just admit-to yourselves, at least-that you hate ACL/CCC etc more than SISU? You're allowed to!

Did you go to that charity game? People were actually worshiping him.

Because sometimes it is a given isn't it that SISU are pricks? There is nothing set that only one party can be pricks or you can only think that one are pricks.

Maybe people have to bang on about ACL / CCC to fight against the people they have posting on the site? ;)

Grendel

I blame the council entirely for the medicament we are in. Seems many others are seeing the light. Too late now though.

SkyBlue_Bear83

You don't say it about SISU as much as you do ACL/CCC/Hoffman/Elliott, though, you have to admit! I think you hate them more than SISU based on what you post, but I don't know why. And it's aimed as much at a dozen other posters as it is you.

Speaking for myself I don't constantly bang on about how much I hate SISU every day because its done to death on here and there is more than enough people to show the general fans opinion towards the owners.

The points about why there are terrible owners they are well covered on here so I don't have much to add other than largely I agree with what is being said, I'd just be repeating what others have said 1000's of time.

skybluefred

The only problem that Elliott & Hoffman have is they do not have enough money to buy and run CCFC.

Both are however Sky Blue through and through and are to be applauded on their efforts to help the Club.

Throw Ranson into the mix and I would far rather them own our Club than the present incumbents.

lordsummerisle

The only problem that Elliott & Hoffman have is they do not have enough money to buy and run CCFC.

Both are however Sky Blue through and through and are to be applauded on their efforts to help the Club.

Throw Ranson into the mix and I would far rather them own our Club than the present incumbents.

Throw Ranson into the Marianas Trench with a huge anchor around his neck and I'd feel the club might be a bit safer.

Grendel

Throw Ranson into the Marianas Trench with a huge anchor around his neck and I'd feel the club might be a bit safer.

He could teach Seppella in how to bleed the club even more with high interest loans to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread