Les Reid: Ray Ranson & ex-CCFC people may be in on a club/Ricoh takeover plot (1 Viewer)

Rob S

Starting to sound like a smear campaign now or at least a "better the devil you know campaign"
Promoting the Kylie Minogue tour? ;-)

I hope you're mate has hard evidence. People have received letters from solicitors for less before.
I think he knows what he's doing by now.

torchomatic

No, it's not. We asked - and received - help from supporters of other clubs. We asked them to sign our petition, boycott Sixfields, stand on the hill and go on our march. They did.

And it's not about Wasps and CCFC but also Cov Rugby Club.

Again, fair comment. But it is for them to protest and do something about it.

torchomatic

Yeah, I hate everyone too.

I have a lot of hate to go around ;)

Admittedly my club means I don't have enough hate spare to waste it on friends and family!

skybluetony176

Promoting the Kylie Minogue tour? ;-)

I think he knows what he's doing by now.

Serious question Rob and in no way am I suggesting that this is the case. But do you ever get the feeling you're being played? I think if I was you the thought would have at least crossed my mind by now. I know you're a genuine fan so I don't question your motives but I can't help but feel that when this is all over and the children have gone home you are going to end up more damaged from this mess than the average fan.

bigfatronssba

Cant be arsed to read all this thread, so sorry if its already been answered. I can understand how someone wanting to take over the club would first buy the Ricoh and then try and buy the club, but where do the Wasps come in?

If Ranson has already put a consortium together, why does he need the Wasps?

skybluetony176

Cant be arsed to read all this thread, so sorry if its already been answered. I can understand how someone wanting to take over the club would first buy the Ricoh and then try and buy the club, but where do the Wasps come in?

Possibly that they will secure use of the Ricoh for European games and nothing else for fronting the bid? Just an idea.

olderskyblue

Just the sort of story SISU need out there. Almost as if they planned it.....

Otis

Wasnt Richard Keys here the other week apparently on business?

He was getting his back waxed.

He drove down to London last week to get it sorted and will apparently be done and back home by Christmas.

Seaside-Skyblue

Just spoke to my mate who is a huge Rugby fan. He said Wasps only get 6 - 9000 domestically. They don't need a stadium the size of the Ricoh. They are top flight too!

Nonleagueherewecome

Nothing compared to the return of the Trinity Of Evil; Hoffman, Elliott, Ranson.

Seriously? Compared to SISU, they're the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost!

Nonleagueherewecome

RoboCCFC90

This situation gets stranger and stranger by the minute.. I want new owners as much as anyone but I don't have a good feeling about group.. That said it's a rumour, perhaps it's not true..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob S

Serious question Rob and in no way am I suggesting that this is the case. But do you ever get the feeling you're being played? I think if I was you the thought would have at least crossed my mind by now. I know you're a genuine fan so I don't question your motives but I can't help but feel that when this is all over and the children have gone home you are going to end up more damaged from this mess than the average fan.

I appreciate the concern and you are dead right...I often have to think twice, thrice and many more times about who is trying to do what via who. I'm fortunate enough to have a good bunch of people working with the campaign who provide a wide range of opinions on approaches and so forth and I've developed an excellent range of contacts & sources so that I can balance out a decent picture on a particular issue rather than just go with what one person might be saying.

But don't worry about the damage...I don't take any of the criticism personally, any abuse is very rare and I know that one day we'll all get to watch our team together in peace at some point in the future :)

duffer

I doubt Les is just making this up for the hell of it. There are wheels within wheels here - it may not go the way anyone expects though!

skybluetony176

I appreciate the concern and you are dead right...I often have to think twice, thrice and many more times about who is trying to do what via who. I'm fortunate enough to have a good bunch of people working with the campaign who provide a wide range of opinions on approaches and so forth and I've developed an excellent range of contacts & sources so that I can balance out a decent picture on a particular issue rather than just go with what one person might be saying.

But don't worry about the damage...I don't take any of the criticism personally, any abuse is very rare and I know that one day we'll all get to watch our team together in peace at some point in the future :)

Just thought I'd ask. Good to hear you're being cautious.

chiefdave

I would guess either the Wasps owner is part of the consortium to buy us or some deal has been done for him to provide finance and in return Wasps get the Ricoh for Euro games.

stupot07

I would guess either the Wasps owner is part of the consortium to buy us or some deal has been done for him to provide finance and in return Wasps get the Ricoh for Euro games.

The article on CT says they will move permanently to the Ricoh. I can't see many wasps fans travelling up for a European 'home' game at the Ricoh, it's a bit different to coming up to attending a semi final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Flying Fokker

Les Reid:

Consortium may have Ranson in it.

It appears to be an attempt to force sisu to sell.

He believes that the council has a case to answer here. They need to be scrutinised. A sale to wasps will be unpopular. It may not be in the tax payers interest.

Agrees that if SISU are forced out it could be a good thing. He sees no evidence that SISU will be ousted.
Councillors should not just listen to the officers selling the club.
What is the real value of the club... Less than 10 million.

They need to come up with a figure and challenge SISU to buy it.

Last edited:

Esoterica

Seriously? Compared to SISU, they're the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost!

Elliott sat there having a tug while he watched previous boards bend the club over and bang the back out of it. He shouldn't be allowed to even watch our matches nevermind be involved with any kind of control over our club

RPHunt

Eurofin specialize in raising finance for the sports and leisure industries. They have done this successfully for both football and rugger clubs. Ray Ranson has acted as consultant for them for some time.

It takes the genius of the MIDLANDS JOURNALIST Of THE YEAR to turn this into a scare story.

Nick

Administrator
Eurofin specialize in raising finance for the sports and leisure industries. They have done this successfully for both football and rugger clubs. Ray Ranson has acted as consultant for them for some time.

It takes the genius of the MIDLANDS JOURNALIST Of THE YEAR to turn this into a scare story.

To be fair, it is more than the CET have found isn't it?

chiefdave

So if Les Reid is correct we have a side to pick out of:

1) SISU - have no plans to even attempt purchase of the Ricoh. Insist new ground, outside Coventry, will be ready within 2-4 despite zero evidence anything has actually happened. Have run up the largest debts we have ever had, 2 points deductions, administration and liquidation, a move to Northampton, decimated the level of support and have dropped the club to it's lowest playing level in most supporters living memory

2) A Richardson (no relation to that one hopefully!), Hoffman, Elliott, Ranson consortium - the majority of those people don't have what you would call a glowing history with the club however I suppose you may consider it a plus that HER (as I'm going to call them) all resigned or were forced out based on being against SISUs plans for the club. Hoffman and Elliott are fans of course which is a plus point as you would think they wouldn't want to complete screw us over. You would have to think that Ranson knows enough about the club and the stadium to only come back if he thinks he can turn things around. The biggest plus is it would seem to unite the club and ground, something we've been after for a long time.

It's basically choosing between a rock and a hard place but I think I'd have to side with the new consortium. Owners come and go (hopefully at some point!) but the danger is if we stick with SISU we will end up with no ground at all or permanently renting with little to no chance of ownership. At least with the consortium it would appear that we will have a more saleable package with the club and ground united so when we are fed up of them and trying to force them out there's more chance of other parties being interested in taking over.

Nick

Administrator
So if Les Reid is correct we have a side to pick out of:

1) SISU - have no plans to even attempt purchase of the Ricoh. Insist new ground, outside Coventry, will be ready within 2-4 despite zero evidence anything has actually happened. Have run up the largest debts we have ever had, 2 points deductions, administration and liquidation, a move to Northampton, decimated the level of support and have dropped the club to it's lowest playing level in most supporters living memory

2) A Richardson (no relation to that one hopefully!), Hoffman, Elliott, Ranson consortium - the majority of those people don't have what you would call a glowing history with the club however I suppose you may consider it a plus that HER (as I'm going to call them) all resigned or were forced out based on being against SISUs plans for the club. Hoffman and Elliott are fans of course which is a plus point as you would think they wouldn't want to complete screw us over. You would have to think that Ranson knows enough about the club and the stadium to only come back if he thinks he can turn things around. The biggest plus is it would seem to unite the club and ground, something we've been after for a long time.

It's basically choosing between a rock and a hard place but I think I'd have to side with the new consortium. Owners come and go (hopefully at some point!) but the danger is if we stick with SISU we will end up with no ground at all or permanently renting with little to no chance of ownership. At least with the consortium it would appear that we will have a more saleable package with the club and ground united so when we are fed up of them and trying to force them out there's more chance of other parties being interested in taking over.

Is that the same Hoffman and Elliott that wanted to close the Academy?

All has slippery as each other :(

Users who are viewing this thread