Leon clark (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
Just on twitter
@SportsPeteO
Sheffield United have agreed a deal to sign Bury striker Leon Clarke. #sufc #twitterblades #buryfc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chipfat

He plays the game off the field with ease, he has no loyalty or honesty about his time at clubs, he uses the system perfectly as a player. He also knows his ceiling and how far his ability will take him, top level L1, mid to bottom Squad player in the Championship. He always does enough, creates interest and then claims his head is turned forcing a move. I honestly think he is a very clever fella who probably doesn't love the game and treats it as a job.

Fair play to him, bang average player, good goalscorer who has used the game perfectly to create a very good lifestyle.

steve82

“Leon just needs a weekend to refocus and think and certainly the Sheffield United one has turned his head, there is no doubt about that.
I wonder how many times a manager has said this about leon?

Hobo

Just on twitter
@SportsPeteO
Sheffield United have agreed a deal to sign Bury striker Leon

Just on twitter
@SportsPeteO
Sheffield United have agreed a deal to sign Bury striker Leon Clarke. #sufc #twitterblades #buryfc

No shit Sherlock. Anyone who thought he was coming back here hasn't woke up and smelt the coffee. We haven't got that sort of budget. We can't buy our way out of this league. Mowbray has a tough job on his hands. We need to unearth a couple of gems, a couple of our own break through, and get a couple of the best loans in. Then we need to have a crack at winning the Euro lottery.

Otis

He's a good striker, but a complete journeyman and he has now been at an enormous 19 clubs (some clubs he has been to twice).

That points to either clubs not wanting him or him wanting away on a consistent basis.

He's a good striker, but a complete journeyman and he has now been at an enormous 19 clubs (some clubs he has been to twice).

That points to either clubs not wanting him or him wanting away on a consistent basis.

Or just treating football for what it is - a short career, where you have to earn money while you can. 19 clubs, that's a lot of signing on fees!

D

Deleted member 2477

Lets face it we couldnt attract a a prostitute on heat at the moment.
We can just about scrape a team together with a week before our first game made up of kids and a few proffesionals left who will get out as soon as they can if they have any sense. The club is being run into the ground and all those optimists will realise this season how poorly run we really are

skybluepm2

They should walk the league this season. I expect it every year but they're looking awfully strong unfortunately. Let's hope they bottle it again nevertheless :finger:

Liquid Gold

I wonder if he's ever handed in a transfer request, knowing that he wouldn't get the rest of his wages if he did, or just refused to play as he did with us. Lost all respect for him after that and wouldn't want him back.

no_loyalty

The blunts should piss the league this season

D

Deleted member 2477

At least their owners are backing the manager and providing money rather than scraps from the gutter.
They can at least field a full strength 11 who can challenge for promotion.
We can field the kit man and tea lady who have offered to play for nothing

Liquid Gold

Football contracts don't work like that.

Maybe not the entirety of their contract but they are due bonuses related the loyalty etc if a transfer request isn't handed in. Can end up a lot of money and players lie Leon abuse the system by not handing in a request meaning they are owed extra money but refusing to play to force a move.

robbiekeane

At least their owners are backing the manager and providing money rather than scraps from the gutter.
You know their owners are billionaires don't you? Grandson of founder of Saudi Arabia or something.

And you also know our owners aren't billionaires don't you? A self sufficient team with a set budget like most clubs, widely reported to have had a top 6 budget last year. So where do you get this crap from about scraps from the gutter? Its embarrassing.

D

Deleted member 2477

Robbie the only embarrasing thing is our club and the state it has fallen to under sisu.
If your happy with selling and loosing players to be replaced with loans and kids so our owners can pocket the money whilst the best manager weve had in years is struggling to build a side on non existent funds then crack on my friend. Lets see where we are in two years when we are kicked out the ricoh, have no ground to play at and sisu have sold everything thats not screwed down

robbiekeane

Robbie the only embarrasing thing is our club and the state it has fallen to under sisu.
If your happy with selling and loosing players to be replaced with loans and kids so our owners can pocket the money (1) whilst the best manager weve had in years is struggling to build a side on non existent funds (2) then crack on my friend. Lets see where we are in two years when we are kicked out the ricoh, have no ground to play at and sisu have sold everything thats not screwed down(3)
1) Incorrect. Can you point to the evidence of them pocketing money in the accounts please? Happy to concede this when you do
2) Incorrect. Last season we were reported to have a top 6 budget. Not bad for a team without a stadium and rubbish crowds. Mowbray then was seemingly given more funds in January to sign a few more players, it just happens the ones he signed were toss. (hunt, henderson, ramage, etc).
3) What have they sold then? Other than players, which is pretty much the norm for a 3rd tier club...and we've always been a selling club by the way. Have they sold any of our assets? Genuine question.

There are lots of things the owners have done wrong and they have been pretty incompetent over the last ten years. What you don't need to do though is make up crazy nonsense with no evidence at all to discredit them....if anything that takes away from the genuine things they've done wrong. I think we have a lot of crazy fans.....

Oh one other thing...replaced with loans and kids? Like Armstrong and Murphy you mean? Arguably two of our best players last season.....yeh, hate them kind of signings

fernandopartridge

They get gates that are nearly twice ours. They've been in this league longer than us and finished below us last season. But the 'woe is me, find me an excuse not to go' Cov fans don't recognise any of this.

stevefloyd

You sure we still have a tea lady...cut backs and all

D

Deleted member 2477

So the re mortgage of the training ground and sales of wilson, madderson and all the others without any of the money being put back into transfers but falling under the umberella of day to day cost of running a football club is ok. Owners of businesses and football clubs invest in their businesses to improve not to say we arnt putting any money in and you must fund yourselves. Some on here seem satified that we are now a tin pot league one club now and the only reason we had a top 6-8 budget last season is not from sisu putting their hand in their pockets but because we had top 6 attendencies.
I hope that those of you that are happy to now see a once top club languishing in a crap league because we have owners who couldnt give a toss about getting us out of here eat your words when tm leaves we have no team worth anything and we are either religated or worse

Nick

Administrator
So the re mortgage of the training ground and sales of wilson, madderson and all the others without any of the money being put back into transfers but falling under the umberella of day to day cost of running a football club is ok. Owners of businesses and football clubs invest in their businesses to improve not to say we arnt putting any money in and you must fund yourselves. Some on here seem satified that we are now a tin pot league one club now and the only reason we had a top 6-8 budget last season is not from sisu putting their hand in their pockets but because we had top 6 attendencies.
I hope that those of you that are happy to now see a once top club languishing in a crap league because we have owners who couldnt give a toss about getting us out of here eat your words when tm leaves we have no team worth anything and we are either religated or worse

More like people are realistic about being in League 1.

You do realise that losses need to be covered?

coop

3 year deal for Clarke this could be one of our stumbling blocks we generally only offer one year deals with the exception of the odd one or two.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Whilst no one could accuse me of being in any way shape or form supportive of SISU I think you fail to understand the dire financial situation

- the Ryton training ground has been charged to secure borrowings (not mortgaged) for many years. It is apparently valued at Currently at £350k - it is charged to ARVO who have provided CCFC with loans of £7.7m (just as an aside it seems a private investor does lend more than asset worth)
- We had no real assets before SISU got here. Major fixed asset was Ryton and we still have that. Had we gone bust the players could have walked away
- Pretty pointless to "put back into transfers" if you cant afford to pay the players when they arrive.
- Expensive players even relative to L1 require expensive salaries and other add ons - how does that stack up with a reasonably fixed income without creating even more losses and debt. It is not a given that expensive players guarantee success and more income (see Portsmouth)
- 2015 the CCFC group of companies made £3m losses that has to be financed or interest etc deferred.
- The accounts show that the "investors" reduced the loans by approx. £1m in 2012, have deferred taking the interest, converted some interest and loans to frankly worthless preference shares and took back approx. £300k against the emergency loan according to 2015 accounts
- Any extra money "invested" by the owners is put in as a loan and therefore increases the debt CCFC owe - to 31-05-2015 CCFC owed £41.5m more than they had in assets. £36m of that was owed to SISU investors and ARVO. The vast majority of that was unsecured because there are no assets to secure on. Interest owed on those loans an accumulated £3m
- To keep just pouring money in leads to one situation - because sooner or later it all falls down
- they have no option but to fund themselves, to be self sufficient - they haven't done it yet because last year SISU had to provide an emergency fund due to getting their sums wrong.
- Just because it is a football club doesn't mean that financial rules do not apply. Would anyone here invest in a multi million pound loss making business with no assets, no base, - no I thought not
- NO ONE is happy CCFC are L1 with a potential to go lower
- SISU have invested other peoples money, been a disaster and lost those investors 10's of millions - will be very hard to persuade them to reinvest
- every club sells players and particularly in the lower divisions. Every lower division club is looking to do it as cheap as they can. Some take a punt at glory yes, most fail and the financial future of that club deteriorates, some like Bolton, Blackpool and even CCFC go right to the brink of oblivion, others fall off the cliff.
- We took a punt going for glory spending like others money we have not got and ended up with the disaster that has been SISU
- Fans can not expect owners just to keep putting money in the world has moved on in the lower leagues. How long has a "wealthy" club like Sheffield United been in L1 how long did Charlton take (a) to get out (b) return to L1.
- the only way to have kept the club going is player sales - that's not unusual in L1 or L2 or even higher
- The only way forward for CCFC is to live within its means, to sell players, there is no choice and no owner funds or white knight available
- pretty sure SISU would like a better return from their investment which looks to have been lost

Do I like being in L1 no certainly not, definitely not happy about it - however the solution without making the CCFC finances worse is what exactly? WE are lucky to still be going , not because of SISU but in spite of SISU

We are still a financial basket case one step from the brink - and we are on our own

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

I hope that those of you that are happy to now see a once top club languishing in a crap league

Probably about as happy as the fans of Bolton, Blackpool, Charlton, Sheff. Utd, Swindon, Oldham, Bradford, Oxford, Bradford, Portsmouth, Wimbledon etc. etc.

Fucking hell......we dropped out of the top flight 15 years ago........let it go.

I think those cunts at SKY sports should carry a disclaimer on all its football output to help fans like Marcus realise that "the league position of your team can go down as well as up......your sanity may be at risk if you choose to follow a football club"

Users who are viewing this thread