Leon clark (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Hobo

.. promised to pay off debts (estimated at 38m) and give Downe transfer funds of around 20m....exciting times...a new era....

And a new era it certainly was

Grendel

Apparently £8 million :(

I just think its insane that they payed that much for it when they could have bought it after administration.

They didn't want a process of administration did they?

Sky Blue Kid

.. promised to pay off debts (estimated at 38m) and give Downe transfer funds of around 20m....exciting times...a new era....

And a new era it certainly was
At last! someone who believes what I said 8 years ago., and didn't ask for proof ;)

ccfc92

No, but their bluff could have been called. The club needed administration really as the debt burden was too much (it would also have broken the ACL extortion)

That's summed it up perfectly. They really were banking on promotion then? To clear said debt?

Grendel

How much did the 100% of the clubs shares cost them?

It's not a public limited company so I fail to see the point you are attempting to make.

Grendel

How tables turn eh? Shapiro were then the SISU of today... Wanting something for nothing!

Hardly they offered Higgs £5 million for their shares looking at this but the council said no.

AFCCOVENTRY

Bury have reject a 5 figure offer they claim is derisory for Leon Clarke! Offer from Sheffield U.

They claim he is the best striker in the league and strikers are moving for millions in L1 now...

Terry Gibson's perm

Bury have reject a 5 figure offer they claim is derisory for Leon Clarke! Offer from Sheffield U.

They claim he is the best striker in the league and strikers are moving for millions in L1 now...

They might do but Leon clarkes don't move for those figures anymore too much baggage

Sky Blue Kid

Hardly they offered Higgs £5 million for their shares looking at this but the council said no.
Err want to think again Grendel....
The other was from a firm called Shapiro, which offered #26million but wanted the club to pay off its debts and the city council to give it a longer lease on the Ricoh Arena and some spare land to the north of the site.

Mr McGuigan said that deal would have cost the council #4million of taxpayers' money and left the Alan Edward Higgs charity #2.5million out of pocket.

FRY-CCFC

He'll go for around £500k similar to Ajose

Grendel

Err want to think again Grendel....
The other was from a firm called Shapiro, which offered #26million but wanted the club to pay off its debts and the city council to give it a longer lease on the Ricoh Arena and some spare land to the north of the site.

Mr McGuigan said that deal would have cost the council #4million of taxpayers' money and left the Alan Edward Higgs charity #2.5million out of pocket.

Indeed - the council investment was £10 million and the Higgs contribution around £7 million.

D

Deleted member 2477

Why would bury give him to us for a half eaten sandwich and a packet of nuts offerd by sisu when they can get 1/2 mil from shefield united if they have to off load him

higgs

He won't be coming back we missed our opportunity last summer when he was available on a free that was a bad decision not to have him back

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

He'll go for around £500k similar to Ajose

Ajose was £800k, and official Bradshaw figure was around the same. They are both young, hungry and on the upward curve, without baggage and a record of unrest, and the opportunity to be sold on for the buying clubs to get their money back. Clarke isn't/doesn't.

Bury are deep in the mire, and are deseprate to sell to get the wages off the books. They won't get anywhere near what other top league one strikers are going for, regardless of what they say.

pipkin73

Clark wil go cheap, he want's to go to the club who will pay him the most and that will be a club he feels can get promoted (payrise wrote into promotion).

If we want him back, he will be a late signing for us as he will have held for the best offer.

Remember that you can't loan players throughtout the year anymore (emergency player haha), so this close season has to be transfer window and loans all signed together at the same time.

Otis

Clark wil go cheap, he want's to go to the club who will pay him the most and that will be a club he feels can get promoted (payrise wrote into promotion).

If we want him back, he will be a late signing for us as he will have held for the best offer.

Remember that you can't loan players throughtout the year anymore.

So, is that mean the loan window is closed in August, but then you can loan again in January?

pipkin73

So, is that mean the loan window is closed in August, but then you can loan again in January?
No the loan window closes in September as always. The only change is that "emergency loans apart from a keeper are now gone". No more emergency loans apart from a GK.

It opens again in January like the normal market, but again only GK are now Emergency loans.

No the loan window closes in September as always. The only change is that "emergency loans apart from a keeper are now gone". No more emergency loans apart from a GK.

It opens again in January like the normal market, but again only GK are now Emergency loans.

Not true. It's not just emergency loans, but short term (month or three month) loans. 6 month and season long loans can only be made before end of August or January windows.

What you have end of August, you're stuck with until January.

Last edited:

Otis

Not true. It's not just emergency loans, but short term (month or three month) loans. 6 month and season long loans can only be made before end of August or January windows.

What you have end of August, you're stick with until January.
Yeah, that's what I thought it was. So loan now or you have to wait til Jan.

Sky Blue Kid

You've been a member since 2012. No wonder no one asked you for proof. None of us knew you existed!
Since when/where did I say I only said it on this forum? I have a life and speak to others not involved on here.
PS. Take a look back on my first few posts and you will see I said I didn't want SISU here even before they took charge. I've always stated about RR saying £20m made available for players, but was always asked for proof. Anything else you'd like to pick at ?

Skyblueweeman

Since when/where did I say I only said it on this forum? I have a life and speak to others not involved on here.
PS. Take a look back on my first few posts and you will see I said I didn't want SISU here even before they took charge. Anything else you'd like to pick at ?

Calm down princess.

Maybe you should be clearer on your posts then. Posting on a forum saying that no one believed you 8 years ago, suggests that no one on here believed you 8 years ago.

Sky Blue Kid

Calm down princess.

Maybe you should be clearer on your posts then. Posting on a forum saying that no one believed you 8 years ago, suggests that no one on here believed you 8 years ago.
Why the fuck should I calm down? You along with others on here go out of your way to try to show me up on here. I can do the same if you like. I'll pick you up whenever I can from now on Dick!

Sky Blue Kid

Calm down princess.

OK! Nobody believed me 8 years ago about SISU...... I joined this forum May 3rd 2012 and nobody believed me about SISU only on this forum wankers not unlike yourself asked for proof.... How's that?

Skyblueweeman

Calling me a wanker and dick after I just did a bit of maths on the back of one of your posts?! Way to go SBK.

Have a good day mate x

PS. Feel free to pick me up on whatever you want on one of my posts. I look forward to it.

Sky Blue Kid

Calling me a wanker and dick after I just did a bit of maths on the back of one of your posts?! Way to go SBK.

Have a good day mate x

PS. Feel free to pick me up on whatever you want on one of my posts. I look forward to it.
And you have a good day mate... And I will ;)

Users who are viewing this thread