Learnt a few things today (1 Viewer)

Hobo

You have a lot of faith in him, I sincerely hope you're right. I watch him and think - meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

it is not that I have faith in him, I don't know whether he can recapture that form that he had at Dundee United. But if he can we will have a really good player (certainly above Lge 1 standard). Someone who gives you movement, scores spectacular goals and knows when to lay it off. He can play left or right and through the middle.
If Mowbrey feels it is a no at least there is a club in the waiting. But it would be nice if he could resurrect his career here.....it would be our gain after all.

stupot07

it is not that I have faith in him, I don't know whether he can recapture that form that he had at Dundee United. But if he can we will have a really good player (certainly above Lge 1 standard). Someone who gives you movement, scores spectacular goals and knows when to lay it off. He can play left or right and through the middle.
If Mowbrey feels it is a no at least there is a club in the waiting. But it would be nice if he could resurrect his career here.....it would be our gain after all.

That was a long long time ago, look at Simeon Jackson....

Fingers crossed TM can get the best out of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hobo

That was a long long time ago, look at Simeon Jackson....

Fingers crossed TM can get the best out of him.

Well at least there is a club waiting if Mowbrey doesn't fancy him. I am sure Mowbrey will move him on quickly if he doesn't think he can produce the goods.

ccfclinney

If you are correct, then apologies.

Just can't see it myself. Why would coaches be discussing contracts etc when a game is going on? And surely it's up to TM who starts games, not said coaches?

I never mentioned anything about contracts.. Maybe that was his opinion about Thomas not starting I don't know but his words were "not a chance" I personally don't mind Thomas and being from cob I want him to do well.. Look at all my others posts and see if I have made anything up. Only telling what I heard him say.

johnwillomagic

If that's genuinely what he said he probably should be fired from his job! You just cannot say things like that!
Why don't you report him? Thomas came from the academy after all!!!

Hobo

Was surprised to see Thomas get the armband in the second half given that Romain and Ricketts were on the pitch.

Perhaps it is a way of boosting his confidence, giving him a bit of responsibility. Saying you are regarded a senior player at this club. Acknowledgement of his hard work in training. Ricketts and Vincelot barely know the players names yet.

shmmeee

I like Thomas, but he's one of a few midfield players to come through the academy being neither one thing nor the other. Finch also springs to mind. Not good enough either defensively or going forward but a reasonable technical player.

LJC_CCFC

I like Thomas, but he's one of a few midfield players to come through the academy being neither one thing nor the other. Finch also springs to mind. Not good enough either defensively or going forward but a reasonable technical player.

What really irks me with Thomas is that in terms of athleticism and physicality he has it all, but he regularly fails to use this to his advantage. Doesn't express himself enough with and without the ball either. Finch although still young, looks like a carbon copy of Thomas, but with less technical ability.

shmmeee

What really irks me with Thomas is that in terms of athleticism and physicality he has it all, but he regularly fails to use this to his advantage. Doesn't express himself enough with and without the ball either. Finch although still young, looks like a carbon copy of Thomas, but with less technical ability.

Makes you wonder if the issue is with the (old?) academy staff and training methods. We do (did?) seem to go through certain "types" of player, attacking full back is another we've had a few of recently.

LJC_CCFC

Makes you wonder if the issue is with the (old?) academy staff and training methods. We do (did?) seem to go through certain "types" of player, attacking full back is another we've had a few of recently.

Yeah I would like to know what specific methods they use, what systems they favour and what the overall style of football/footballer they are trying to produce. What level of contact they have with the manager would also be interesting to know, I would imagine that it is hard to consistently use the same coaching methods when the manager is changing every year or so.

Generally speaking, when you look at the type of footballer being produced today, the vast majority have impeccable fitness and physicality - gone are the days of weighty, unfit players. So when you combine those traits with a couple of six footers like Thomas and Finch, they are more likely to 'excel' in youth teams, but then struggle in the professional game where a little bit more guile and technical ability is required.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Callum Ball (I know he came through at Derby) Bet he was 6ft & the same build at 13/14 bullied & bossed his way through the age groups & youth football hits pro & his lack of ability comes through & can't use his physical power against proper men.

stupot07

Callum Ball (I know he came through at Derby) Bet he was 6ft & the same build at 13/14 bullied & bossed his way through the age groups & youth football hits pro & his lack of ability comes through & can't use his physical power against proper men.

Thanks, I'd tried to forget about him!!

ccfc92

I never mentioned anything about contracts.. Maybe that was his opinion about Thomas not starting I don't know but his words were "not a chance" I personally don't mind Thomas and being from cob I want him to do well.. Look at all my others posts and see if I have made anything up. Only telling what I heard him say.

ccfclinney: He was talking to another accademy coach I think it was or his friend.. He said Thomas but then he said what about george and he said couple of games.. He was also talking about a youngster signing a 6 year contract.

I'd say you did mention contracts....

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

What a surprise :D

That chase with the Bournemouth(?) defender to the ball in the corner flag a few years ago was yet one of the lowest points I've seen watching professional football & one of the funniest moments I've ever seen at a game!

johnwillomagic

ccfc linney didn't mention contracts in the same way the academy bloke never actually said what was quoted......it was more than his job
was worth to make such comments in reality!!

ccfclinney

ccfclinney: He was talking to another accademy coach I think it was or his friend.. He said Thomas but then he said what about george and he said couple of games.. He was also talking about a youngster signing a 6 year contract.

I'd say you did mention contracts....

That was about a young kid, the other man asked him if it's worth the paper its wrote on and he said yes.. That bit was nothing to do with Thomas like others have said.

Users who are viewing this thread