Joe Elliott (2 Viewers)

lordsummerisle

Why is he a legend exactly?

He was on the board for years with minimal investment, he was around the time Richardson and Robinson were around and stood around while the effed it al up, he was apparently the man who did the deal with Sisu, saving his own reputation, he has now aligned himself with another new investor while blaming Sisu for everything.....

Exactly my thoughts, most of the SISU lovers who have dramatically changed their minds are ready to go with another bunch of faceless "investors", with no questions asked, being pushed again by Teflon Joe.

D

Deleted member 2526

I vaguely remember Keys linking Freddie Sheppard with us last season on the show...
Maybe if he introduced the investors to the Hoff, he's one of them?:thinking about:

skybluesam66

Headed by the person - trusted by the Government to effetively save the UK banking system
You only need to read some of the previous testimonies about SISU - to see who we are in bed with at the moment

skybluesteve76

He didn't say much really apart from don't protest, get behind the team instead. Also basically begging for investment. Confirmed that Hoffman is to meet with Sisu. Richard Keyes said basically, Sisu do one!!

Headed by the person - trusted by the Government to effetively save the UK banking system
You only need to read some of the previous testimonies about SISU - to see who we are in bed with at the moment

Precisely.

Lordsummerisle, you're happy to see your club continue to be held hostage by a group that will no longer be investing in its future are you?

lordsummerisle

You mean the person put in charge of Northern Rock(after it had already been rescued), after 18 months of gardening leave at Barclays after losing a fortune over-extending credit when he was in charge of Barclaycard?

Saving the UK Banking system?? Christ.

lordsummerisle

Precisely.

Lordsummerisle, you're happy to see your club continue to be held hostage by a group that will no longer be investing in its future are you?

Ginetta,

In all your personas you were one of the biggest arsehole supporters of SISU going, never questioned them or their motives, always shouted down anybody who did.

Is Groundhog Day your favourite film??

Ginetta,

In all your personas you were one of the biggest arsehole supporters of SISU going, never questioned them or their motives, always shouted down anybody who did.

...but you knew from the beginning that at some point they'd change the plan and stop investing in us didn't you?

So why don't you want them to sell up? You haven't answered the question.

Why not concentrate on something productive rather than being a know-it-all prick?

I hope knowl fixes that server soon...

GaryPendrysEyes

Joe has always had the oily ability to appear supportive of both the Club and the fans (even when at 180 degs opposites), whilst doing pretty much nothing.

re Sisu-- I can concur with The Lord--- Ginetta was a sickening SISU sycophant-- but hey I can accept his apology and move on.

GaryPendrysEyes

More generally I guess we're heading for another potential club apocalypse over Xmas and into January. We will probably be saved as a club by someone-- but this time I doubt we'll survive the drop... but it may be an interesting fight back from Jan to the end of the season... I hope...

lordsummerisle

...but you knew from the beginning that at some point they'd change the plan and stop investing in us didn't you?

So why don't you want them to sell up? You haven't answered the question.

Why not concentrate on something productive rather than being a know-it-all prick?

I hope knowl fixes that server soon...

I knew from the beginning they or Ranson weren't to be trusted, just a little bit of research on them would have told you that.

What's productive in wanting the same types of people in charge, again brought in by Teflon Joe?

You don't have to apologise for being a know-nothing idiot, as an apology has no meaning if it's not going to make you change.

Joe has always had the oily ability to appear supportive of both the Club and the fans (even when at 180 degs opposites), whilst doing pretty much nothing.

re Sisu-- I can concur with The Lord--- Ginetta was a sickening SISU sycophant-- but hey I can accept his apology and move on.

Yes I was.

SISU were providing the money for Ranson, Thorn etc to bring in good young talent and we were slowly producing a good team.

This I liked.

Then they changed the plan and starting selling that talent.

This I didn't like.

Not sure what's difficult about that concept to grasp.
Or why some people would rather say "I told you so" than actually do anything about it.

It's embarrassing.

I knew from the beginning they or Ranson weren't to be trusted, just a little bit of research on them would have told you that.

What's productive in wanting the same types of people in charge, again brought in by Teflon Joe?

You don't have to apologise for being a know-nothing idiot, as an apology has no meaning if it's not going to make you change.

Ranson was taken for a ride. If you can't see that then any kind of research is wasted on you.

Even if the same thing happens again in 3 years time (which it won't) at least we still have some initial investment. At the moment, we're going nowhere.

Apathy and self-loathing might be your forte but personally I've had enough and so have most people on here.

les_miserables

Lordsummerisle is a self proclaimed smart ass. Easy to say "did a little research" All these hard nosed business people will have "history" I don't care a shite to be honest. Are they better than what we have owning our club at the moment, don't know, other than some are Sky Blue die-hards, Joy Seppala and Dermot Coleman hardly know we exist other than on a balance sheet and don't give a monkeys about the supporters or where the club ends up.

lordsummerisle

Lordsummerisle is a self proclaimed smart ass. Easy to say "did a little research" All these hard nosed business people will have "history" I don't care a shite to be honest. Are they better than what we have owning our club at the moment, don't know, other than some are Sky Blue die-hards, Joy Seppala and Dermot Coleman hardly know we exist other than on a balance sheet and don't give a monkeys about the supporters or where the club ends up.

Did you think they gave a shit when they took over?

Not a self-proclaimed smart ass at all, just generally right.

Don't know why you should take such pride in being stupid, used to be a shameful thing to proclaim it so loudly.

lordsummerisle

Ranson was taken for a ride. If you can't see that then any kind of research is wasted on you.

Even if the same thing happens again in 3 years time (which it won't) at least we still have some initial investment. At the moment, we're going nowhere.

Apathy and self-loathing might be your forte but personally I've had enough and so have most people on here.

Ranson was taken for a ride??

You mean the Ranson you and the rest of the sycophants were proclaiming as a "successful businessman who won't be take for a ride by anybody", that Ranson?

Sorry, never realised that he was an innocent in all the ways of business, and that when he sought out investors to help him buy out a club at Man City, Aston Villa, and Southampton before us, he was duped into dealing with Sisu.

Still, at least we had Teflon Joe in charge when Innocent Ray and Sisu came over the hill to save us, otherwise we could have ended up like Southampton, Villa or Manchester City.

How they must all miss Ranson's business acumen now.

SkyblueDorothy

Some inaccurate information in this thread. Gary Hoffman left Barclays after resigning as Vice Chairman and Board Director to take over as CEO of Northern Rock the next day at Governments request. Barclays were very reluctant to let him leave!

lordsummerisle

Some inaccurate information in this thread. Gary Hoffman left Barclays after resigning as Vice Chairman and Board Director to take over as CEO of Northern Rock the next day at Governments request. Barclays were very reluctant to let him leave!

Vice chairman was a sinecure, after he'd been removed form running Barclaycard.

Just shaking hands and big lunches(the proof of that easy to see)

A bit deeper digging than a quick look on Wikipedia for people might help people get a more rounded view on things.

procdoc

I couldn't give a fuck about northern rock/barclays etc as long as whoever runs our club does their best to help us grow on and off the pitch. At the minute SISU aren't doing that so let someone else have a go

mattylad

I wonder if Keys knows a fair bit, if he knows the investors and Hoffman etc...

Never knew that Joe Elliott owned Elliotts in town, the car part place!
Yes he was the youth team shirt sponsor for years...Eliotts car accessories, Eliotts car accessories, Eliotts car accessories,

SkyblueDorothy

Saw Daniel Gidney, MD of ACL who own and run the Ricoh, with Joe and his wife (I hope it was his wife!) at the Birminghasm City game. They were with the away fans behind the goal.

Probably negotiating terms to take over the Ricoh and put the prices up for SISU, as they have treated him so badly!

torchomatic

JE always seemed a bit slippery to me. Anyway, he was at the Club during the dark days of Richardson so he is either complicit or stupid. Maybe both. He should be given credit however for the SISU takeover. As, let's face it, we had a choice of one at the time and they were better than going down the tubes. And I have to say at first they did seem to be investing in players, tarting up Ryton, etc. SISU were OK until we had an alternative and it seems we have. They were stupid in not investing in the team in the summer as fans wouldn't be on their backs now.

As for Hoffman. Is he any better? We won't know until anything happens. Personally, I hope we're not jumping from one fire into another.

People should get up to the Ricoh on Saturday and support the kids.

My final thoughts on JE? I think we're no worse off without him at the Club.

Exactly my thoughts, most of the SISU lovers who have dramatically changed their minds are ready to go with another bunch of faceless "investors", with no questions asked, being pushed again by Teflon Joe.

ccfcway

One thing I didnt get

Keys saying "could go into admin before our 1st point"

Then later, without a hint of irony, agreed with Gray who said "Havent SISU agreed to put funds in until the end of the season"

which is it then ?

Sbarcher

Why would any investor trust SISU to run the club with their money? They have no chance of investors, it can only be a takeover.

Users who are viewing this thread